HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

All those who are new to IT Security, read dis first!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 12:23 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

All those who are new to IT Security, read dis first!

Dunno if moderators will wanna edit and make it into a sticky post. Anyway here I go:

We, the members of IT Security forum, DO NOT advocate the unethical breaking in of computer systems whatsoever.

All of you who are new here and are interested in IT Security might wanna pick up a few books on networking to study the various types of networks and their weakness.

However, please do not tell us to teach you how to hack into a computer. It is illegal and carries a very heavy jail term and fine. As mentioned above, we DO NOT advocate any black hat activities. We discuss about IT Security issues to find out more from each other so that we can better equip and protect ourselves, not to exploit the weaknesses of others for our personal petty gains.

However, if u really must learn to hack, here is an excellent site. DO NOT ask anyone of us how to teach u to hack from now onwards. You'll earn brickbats and a locked thread in return.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
jf

Post Re: All those who are new to IT Security, read dis first!

Originally posted by jsbn
Dunno if moderators will wanna edit and make it into a sticky post. Anyway here I go:

We, the members of IT Security forum, DO NOT advocate the unethical breaking in of computer systems whatsoever.

All of you who are new here and are interested in IT Security might wanna pick up a few books on networking to study the various types of networks and their weakness.

However, please do not tell us to teach you how to hack into a computer. It is illegal and carries a very heavy jail term and fine. As mentioned above, we DO NOT advocate any black hat activities. We discuss about IT Security issues to find out more from each other so that we can better equip and protect ourselves, not to exploit the weaknesses of others for our personal petty gains.

However, if u really must learn to hack, here is an excellent site. DO NOT ask anyone of us how to teach u to hack from now onwards. You'll earn brickbats and a locked thread in return.
yeah man - i will second that.

Over a decade of professional, battle-tested Linux consulting and services
Old 12-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #3
Master Member

thanks jsbn, I second that as well.

thread made sticky.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:32 AM   #4
jf

Re: All those who are new to IT Security, read dis first!

Originally posted by jsbn

In addition to this, please kindly refrain from doing any sort of solicitation like this

here are more examples already -
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...hreadid=401954
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...hreadid=397773
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...hreadid=430907

Do not add your own name and example to the list.

Last edited by jf; 23-03-2003 at 02:46 PM..
Old 25-03-2003, 08:27 AM   #5
Master Member

good job jf!
Old 25-03-2003, 09:08 AM   #6
jf

Originally posted by sfhuang
good job jf!
thanks.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.