C.E.H Course and exam

ayamkampung

Reaction score
Sorry.. i think event script kiddies are more valuable than CEH.. better get CCNA-sec or GCIH

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
anybody knows with this course what kind of jobs one is able to get?
i went to jobstreet and jobsdb. and typed out c.e.h but only a few jobs came up
any idea this is considered as security jobs?
are they / will this course be in demand? and what kind of pay?

Dude, what is your motive? If high pay go get high end cert like CISSP, OSCP, CCIE plus many others. CEH like many others highlighted is a basic cert. Good for knowledge but dont expect a pay jump.

clement.andre

Banned
Reaction score
I've got one mth free to take up soem papers before my new job starts. Any recommendations for self study?

vinluv

Reaction score
I've got one mth free to take up soem papers before my new job starts. Any recommendations for self study?

Are you still pursuing CEH?
You can use cybrary videos to learn.

As for the tools, you can either get from trainer or download from internet.

imho, training should be in line with your interest.
If tech then CEH > OSCP >etc etc
If audit or management then go to CISA or CISSP

armanas

Reaction score
CEH Exam

.... posted on 31-03-2016, 04:37 PM

I took a security course(ECSA) at New horizons too. When during the exams, the trainer openly help us answer the questions and we are allowed to discuss answers among ourselves too.

So at the end of the day, its a SURE-PASS and guarantee to get cert.

Is the exam open-book?
MCQ format ... done on paper or computer?

paper82

Reaction score
Did you take the 5 full-day course or the weekend course?

Watch CBT Nuggets Keith Barker " EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker v9.0 " + books + practice online MCQ should be ok to pass.

Anyway CEH seem got dumps but not encourage if u really want to go in security field .

TedBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Those who say ceh is not recognised, I wonder if they are in security field. Go to job portal, you can see alot with job requirements stating ceh. Even Ida sent it's staff for ceh course. I do agree it's entry level though, but it's better than not having any.

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

Machiavel

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please la IDA .... if IDA sent people to take CEH means it reputable I dunno what to say

Those who say ceh is not recognised, I wonder if they are in security field. Go to job portal, you can see alot with job requirements stating ceh. Even Ida sent it's staff for ceh course. I do agree it's entry level though, but it's better than not having any.

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

armanas

Reaction score
CSX

.... posted on 23-03-2016, 11:31 AM

Go for Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) by ISACA.

This will train you from scratch. Don't bother about the certification recognition when a person cannot do their primary job.

Don't forget, ISACA is a reputated in Security world. Simply don't stop at the basic of CSX and you will be there some day.

You may be slammed for CSX but nobody will slam you for ISACA.

Can I take Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) at any Exam Center here? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.