IT Certification: Question

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Exclamation IT Certification: Question

Hi guys,

It had been long since i had last obtained my certificate.
Maybe 1 year ago.

I am now MCSA 2003 and ITILv3 foundation.

Currently doing exchange administration but only basic of it. As the company only require basic support for exchange administration such as reset of password, using powershell script to change the primary email address to something else, cancel the forwarding function of mail address.

I am not touching anything to Blackberry Enterprise Server, support for contacts and calender of exchange.

I am thinking of leaving my job because my company isnt really recognizing me.. Telling me it is part of my work to do operational job and nothing to brag about.

I have given myself self - appraisal and gave myself a "Meet Requirement" grading which I should have, because I am not really anything to breakthough what I am suppose to do now, because I am too busy engage in operational work. imagine the customer based is like 100k of alumni but around 20k are actively using the system..

So, the question now is, what certificate should I go for next? I need to certificate before i go for another job because the other job might not have time for me to do certificate.

Thanks for all the help..
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #2

IT is a big word. Under IT, there are several sections after you deep dive into it.

Your current job fall under Technical Support cum Customer Service. If you are comfortable interacting with customers and love to see the smile from your customers, then head on to the certification related to your job.

If you are planning to stay on with your job, check with your supervisor or manager for the path on room to grow. Every Company should have a career path for their employee.

If you are planning to leave, look for the variety of jobs listed on online job portal and match your skillsets against the skill requirement.

Another alternative is to seek for next higher qualification such as Degree or Master.

Here is the list of courses under CITREP Expanded
https://www.idaicms.gov.sg/ida_icms/...ctedCourseSK=0

Last edited by seesiang; 05-09-2012 at 11:06 AM..
seesiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

IT is a big word. Under IT, there are several sections after you deep dive into it.

Your current job fall under Technical Support cum Customer Service. If you are comfortable interacting with customers and love to see the smile from your customers, then head on to the certification related to your job.

If you are planning to stay on with your job, check with your supervisor or manager for the path on room to grow. Every Company should have a career path for their employee.

If you are planning to leave, look for the variety of jobs listed on online job portal and match your skillsets against the skill requirement.

Another alternative is to seek for next higher qualification such as Degree or Master.

I have just obtained my degree.. Electronic Computer Engineering.

My company dont think have any prospect for growth.
3 staff working in a team only...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #4

I have just obtained my degree.. Electronic Computer Engineering.

My company dont think have any prospect for growth.
3 staff working in a team only...
Look for a job in online job portal and plan your growth towards the skill-sets required.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Look for a job in online job portal and plan your growth towards the skill-sets required.
what is a good industry now?..
technical part.

lots of IT Professional eventually went on to study MBA ..
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Thx for the link
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Since you already have outdated MCSA, why not go for MCITP: SA.

We have weekend MCITP: SA course at Strawberry Asia Group

The current hottest certification is CCNA. We have 3 to 4 classes a month for CCNA.
yes, thinking to do a upgrade from there..

thanks for recommending, i am intending to only take the examination only and skip going fot the hectic course unless CITREP can again fund the 80%..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.