HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Feedback on PMP course centre

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #16
Master Member

If you just want to pass the exam, try PMTI. They have 4-day bootcamp just to prep you to pass the exam. They are CITREP endorsed too. Make sure you have project management experience first otherwise you can't take the exams.

If you prefer to go through the full course and learn properly, go for those training centres the rest have recommended.
n2btg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #17
Master Member

but will they ask for proof of project experience?
Attending the course itself you don't have to prove you have experience..

When you apply for the exam you have to fill in your past project experiences. There is a chance that you will get audited, then you have to get your manager to sign audit form and fax back to them.
n2btg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #18

Hi,
Anyone heard of a PMP instructor call Charles Lim from Project Pro? Any feedback? Thanks!!
iamracoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #19

Charles Lim used to teach with New Horizon, after that dunno what reason NH stopped using him.

Project Pro itself seems to be a relatively small outfit, can't tell much (or rather can't tell anything) from their website at all.
Old 15-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #20

Guys, I need your opinion. I'm looking for getting PMP cert.

There are 2 providers caught my attention:
1. New Horizon. 5 day course @2,888 (bef gst), including exam. But no guarantee.
2. PMTI. 4 day + exam @3,750 (net) + US$129 for PMI reg. comes with 100% money back guarantee.

Which one will you choose? (or is there any other better providers?)
Soul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #21

dun really understand, what sort of guarantee you want? there's no way you can confirm pass an exam if you don't study for it...

btw, what is it about the 2 centres that caught your attention? care to share?

typically, most training centres gives 3 days of project management training and 2 days of exam preparations (total 5 days)

PMTI looks really weird to me for the following reasons:

1. It's a franchise outfit , the money back guarantee if you go through the website only applies to US & Canada, no T&C* mentioned for Singapore?

2. Even if they follow the money-back guarantee T&C of their other countries - It is impossible to book an exam on the 5th day in Singapore or even within 14 days of the course. There's only 2 exam providers in Singapore, Informatics (where there's a 1-2 months queue) and COMAT Training which only conducts exams for its own students

3. Even though its a so called 4 days program, its from 8AM to 6.30PM which is like 5 days cram into 4 days basically so there's no unique selling point (unless you think trying to cram more learning per day is good)

the way this PMTI is running shows clearly that whoever is the Manager is not in touch at all with the PMP market in Singapore...
Old 16-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

but will they ask for proof of project experience?
they say they do random audit which if u heng will be asked to produce, but then i didnt gana.
Old 17-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #23

They audit about 10% of applications.
Old 18-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #24

the CITREP funding processing will take a while.. so u guys better watch out... :-(
famasutika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #25

CITREP refund is about 4-6 weeks, usually within a month if there's no discrepancies that needs to be verified...
Old 19-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #26

yes.. the CITREP reimbursement has been pretty prompt so far provided all the documentation is in order.

The govt folks have KPIs these days to measure their efficiency, so no reason for them to drag any payments
seawyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #27

I know off Comat, New Horizon and Informatics..but PMTI? who are they? How long have they been conducting the PMP course here? My friends have recommended me Informatics..but have to find out more about them..I heard their trainer is very good.
liza.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #28

If you check with the training centre, the better ones should have previews conducted by the trainers whereby you have access to the trainers and talk to them directly, attend these and choose the one that you are most comfortable with.
Old 17-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #29

I took up PMP with combat.. the trainer name is Lavanya. Shes pretty good and quite experience. Shes one of the board of Singapore PMI if i not wrong.. A lot of tips are given too.. Will recommend her..

Im thinking to organise a PMP study group. Anyone interested/ My exam is on next month.. Need to buck up man..
ahbui83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

I took up PMP with combat.. the trainer name is Lavanya. Shes pretty good and quite experience. Shes one of the board of Singapore PMI if i not wrong.. A lot of tips are given too.. Will recommend her..

Im thinking to organise a PMP study group. Anyone interested/ My exam is on next month.. Need to buck up man..
is her tips base on exam or otherwise?
supergmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.