HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Feedback on PMP course centre

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #61
Master Member

Anyone tried New Horizon's PMP course?

They're offering me $2500 (before GST) if i take PMP along with my ITILv3 foundation.

Also one notable information.
ITIL courses contributes to PDU! ITILv3 foundations gives 18 PDU while the ITIL intermmediate courses gives 30 PDU each.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #62
Supremacy Member

There is a softcopy of PMBOK which you can download after you become a PMI member. I am not aware of any legal mean of getting a softcopy of RMC book.
i see, thought can download and read on ipad
Old 26-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #63

I just passed my PMP exam yesterday on my first attempt. In addition to sheer personal hardwork I must say that RMC's PMP Exam Prep Book is critical to my success on passing on the first attempt. It does justify me attending KM's course. Although the course is slightly more expensive at 3.7k sgd, I felt that RMC's method of studying for PMP is very good.

I did not read the PMBOK guidebook but instead 'burnt' the entire RMC book and 'drank' it. I found the RMC book much easier to read. Those who are interested in getting the RMC book, I understand it cost around 180sgd at the bookstore.
Slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #64

I realized I did not directly answer this question. Yes Knowledge Method's course fee includes the exam fee plus PMI membership.

does the course fee include the paper?
Old 26-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #65

Just been informed that Knowledge Method is having a free PMP course preview tomorrow (27 Oct) at their office. Check out their website www.knowledgemethod.com for more information.
Old 26-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just passed my PMP exam yesterday on my first attempt. In addition to sheer personal hardwork I must say that RMC's PMP Exam Prep Book is critical to my success on passing on the first attempt. It does justify me attending KM's course. Although the course is slightly more expensive at 3.7k sgd, I felt that RMC's method of studying for PMP is very good.

I did not read the PMBOK guidebook but instead 'burnt' the entire RMC book and 'drank' it. I found the RMC book much easier to read. Those who are interested in getting the RMC book, I understand it cost around 180sgd at the bookstore.
I got it from Amazon at 70 USD + 10 USD (shipping)
Old 18-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #67

I have been hearing good feedback about this book.

I saw it online abebooks and amazon it's about USD 65 and in SG I saw it at bookshop it's about S$175.

As Citrep 80% expiringsoon , I have checked with around 8 companies that provide PMP training to take advantage of the grant, same time I asked specificallly if they provide this useful book.

I remember Processwokrgroup training group, Project Pro pte ltd, Knowledge Method, Comat they all got give this Rita Mulcahy book. this based on my impression because they all seem dont want to let ppl know what they give so it's not in the email. I have to call and asked one.

this is to share with you the price: if not corecct pls chck with the company respectively
Process group & COmat - around S$2800
Knowledge mtd - S$3500+
Project pro- S$2400

I checked a few I think ProjectPro offers the best price. the lady said it includes everything for me. such as full training, pmi member, pmp exam and rita mulcahy bks.

btw I also found 1 company from online ads, the guy only charged S$700 for training, but it;s only training and the person said cannot claim citrep...sianz ji bua

this is just to share my pmp searching experience. ^^
Invest_Swiftlet_Farming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #68

I got it from Amazon at 70 USD + 10 USD (shipping)
I saw few offer in HWZ also.
Here is one Sale: PMP Exam Prep, Sixth Edition: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam

5. RMC Hot Topics PMP and CAPM Exam Flashcards 6th edition developed by Rita Mulcahy (Received)
Is this "Flashcards" some sort of mp3 for us to listen using mp3 player? Or is it some hardcopy notes?
IsnOtmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #69

I checked a few I think ProjectPro offers the best price. the lady said it includes everything for me. such as full training, pmi member, pmp exam and rita mulcahy bks.
I'll like to point out that including PMI membership in any packages by any providers is ILLEGAL if you are applying for CITREP.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #70

This flashcard is nothing but pieces of name-card size card with one process description written in each card. There is a total of 90+ cards in the deck. Our objective is to review each card and place them to the correct process group.

The objective of the exercise is to allow us to remember which process belongs to which process group.

Even without the flashcard we can perform the same exercise. Just take some pieces of paper and write down each process and then go through the exercise.

I tried that several times over a course of two weeks. Each time I asked myself why I placed the card into the wrong process group. In the end, I was able to remember which process goes to which process group.

One additional rule in the exercise is that all the processes in the PLANNING process group, MUST be arranged in sequence. That is because PLANNING is the only process group where the processes are in sequence. Processes in all other process groups can be done concurrently.

Is this "Flashcards" some sort of mp3 for us to listen using mp3 player? Or is it some hardcopy notes?

Last edited by Slowdown; 02-12-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #71

oh... crystal clear now. Thanks Slowdown for your clear explaination.
IsnOtmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #72

Here's the package which I can get for those who are interested in taking the PMP course to meet your 35 pdus.

- Course Fees $2800 before GST
- Uses the Official PMBOK guidebook
- 80% enhanced CITREP funding available (total investment will be only $756 after CITREP grant)
- Fees is inclusive of exam
- Training Centre located in central area within the city (right next to MRT station)
- Experienced trainers who are industry practitioners with many years of experience
- Exam prep kit with Exam Simulation Software (vendor claims 90% passing rate for those who use this s/w)
- Free refresher course within 3mths of course completion
- Can take your exam at the same location within the centre (subjected to date availability)

Do PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by Rabbit; 13-12-2010 at 03:43 PM..
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #73

NTUC? heheh
Old 19-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #74

Just want to ask, under the requirements for pmp"

"A four-year degree (bachelorís or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education."

Does this mean that you need 3 yrs of project exp, including a supervisory role or a team leader role?

If dun have the addition supervisory role, means cannot apply?
Skyeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #75

Hi all,

I did my PMP prep course at iKompass, and was a certified PMP 2 months from the time i first attended the class. Feedback on the school:

1. They took your certification journey seriously. Provides weekly status reports that chart your preparation progress.

2. Comprehensive web portal for self-learning, plus rich datastore of simulation questions.

3. Classes are over 2 weekends (4 days), so minimum disruption from work.

4. Follow-up webinars to review simulation questions and answers.

5. Inculcate an environment of peer-support - those who are certified serves as an encouragement for those who are in preparation mode.

All the best!
fbap1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.