hi, 44 years old and only desktop support working exp

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
hi, what course can i take to upgrade myself?
and the prices will be very expensive?

Are you a Singaporean? If you are, you can take advantage of the government funding to attend cyber security courses at approved training centre. If you are a Singaporean and above 40 years old, the funding could be as high as 90%.

If you are interested to find out more, please send me a PM.

Genesis

Reaction score
Are you a Singaporean? If you are, you can take advantage of the government funding to attend cyber security courses at approved training centre. If you are a Singaporean and above 40 years old, the funding could be as high as 90%.

is it even recognize cert?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can go for short professional courses like CISSP but end of the day, Employer still see your academic qualification like Degree with your working experience for the job.

You can have a lot of professional certificate like PMP but without an academic qualification & relevant working experience, even Employer hire you, you may get a lower salary compare to fresh Degree/Polytechnic Diploma graduates without any working experience.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

aren't cyber security roles mostly shift work or 24/7.. u have to remember he is 44 years old already and may not be able to work in those kind of hours

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.