HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ITIL Foundation Certification

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #46

Partial failures are usually due to carelessness; not reading carefully, misunderstanding the question, etc.

You can always register with Thomson Prometic or PeopleCert (take exam from home) for the exam again.
Mine is under PeopleCert.. But if take from home, wont it become open book?

Last edited by mvp1985; 19-04-2016 at 11:01 PM..
mvp1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #47
Supremacy Member

Mine is under PeopleCert.. But if take from home, wont it become open book?
You'll need a separate webcam to show your PC table and before the exam starts, the proctor will ask you to show around the room to ensure there is no one with you and your PC doesn't have materials. They'll disable alt-tab when you run the exam software.

http://www.peoplecert.org/en/Candida...ored_Exam.aspx

Last edited by alvinaloy; 21-04-2016 at 01:05 AM..
alvinaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #48

You can always register with Thomson Prometic or PeopleCert (take exam from home) for the exam again.
http://www.pearsonvue.com/exin/

PLEASE NOTE:
EXIN and Prometric have decided to discontinue their partnership. As a consequence, the EXIN exams that are currently offered through Prometric will no longer be available through the Prometric test centers per February 1, 2016. All these exams will be available at Pearson VUE.

Existing Prometric vouchers for EXIN exams may be used to schedule an exam with Prometric until January 31, 2016. Starting February 1, 2016 unused Prometric vouchers that have not expired will be valid in the Pearson VUE system. You will be able to schedule an exam at Pearson VUE using your Prometric voucher on or after February 1, 2016.

*In the rare instance that candidates have a *Prometric *voucher that do*esn*t work* with Pearson VUE*, you will need to contact the Voucher Store at http://home.pearsonvue.com/For-test-...her-store.aspx, providing your receipt of purchase from *P*rometric. This is to prove it is a *P*rometric voucher to allow for the Voucher Store to resolve the issue.
FSMobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #49
Master Member

Arghhh..... failed by 3 marks
I took ITIL class at COMAT. They let me try the exam dumps before exam. IIRC, everyone passed and some even got distinction. Private schools' number 1 priority is to help the student pass the exam so that they can claim CITREP ASAP whereas NUS ISS is a teaching institution(profit is not in their goal else how to explain the 3 buffets everyday)

FYI, I took 3 course at NUS ISS before.

My ITIL is going to expire this June.
AnimeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #50
Supremacy Member

I took ITIL class at COMAT. They let me try the exam dumps before exam. IIRC, everyone passed and some even got distinction. Private schools' number 1 priority is to help the student pass the exam so that they can claim CITREP ASAP whereas NUS ISS is a teaching institution(profit is not in their goal else how to explain the 3 buffets everyday)

FYI, I took 3 course at NUS ISS before.

My ITIL is going to expire this June.
1. 'Distinction' is a marketing tool that schools use. The certificate itself has no distinction mark, only the school will give a distinction certificate which is not endorsed by AXELOS. Personally, when I hire, I don't care if the person has distinction or simply just passed.

2. Schools that only help their students pass without more understanding about the theories or how to put the theories into practice are crap schools. This only dilutes the repute of the certification and rendering it more useless.

3. Frankly, NUS ISS earns quite a far bit of profit from such courses, though I often wondered why since they don't need profit...

4. Are you sure your ITIL certification is expiring? It does not have an expiry date like other certificates.
seawyk likes this.
alvinaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:52 AM   #51
Supremacy Member

can i use skillfuture credit to take the test?
Old 26-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #52

Reopening this discussion.. I have a V2.
Remember last time there was a bridging to V3.
Is the option still available?
greddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #53

Reopening this discussion.. I have a V2.
Remember last time there was a bridging to V3.
Is the option still available?

Maybe I can help you with this question, I'm currently working in the education industry.

There are no bridging course available right now. And also fyi, the latest version is based on ITIL 2011, which is an update from v3. For current standard, both v3 and 2011 are still accepted by the industry.
Old 26-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #54

Maybe I can help you with this question, I'm currently working in the education industry.

There are no bridging course available right now. And also fyi, the latest version is based on ITIL 2011, which is an update from v3. For current standard, both v3 and 2011 are still accepted by the industry.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll be taking on a new role to lead the Quality team, and my new boss advised me it's better to get the latest cert..

For self study, which resource or books did u folks get?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:45 AM   #55
Great Supremacy Member

They going to update the itil?
crayon_shinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #56

They going to update the itil?
Hopefully not.. I'm going to upgrade mine from v2 to v3
Old 13-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #57

Old 18-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #58
Master Member

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll be taking on a new role to lead the Quality team, and my new boss advised me it's better to get the latest cert..

For self study, which resource or books did u folks get?
Normally my colleagues will download videos from other friends or source online... easier to learn and faster. Since there is no practical to practice, learning in video and face to face made no diff.

I personally prefer Udemy, I prefer all my course to be in one place so that it is easier to organize and I can refer to as and when as long my mobile got network. Either way is fine.

After watching the videos and understanding the concept, I just keep practicing 2 sets of 300 question dump until I can get 100% correct than I took the exam.
vampool is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.