Members' IT certifications list

seesiang

Reaction score
For CISA, if there is no working experience, will it get certified by passing the exam?

I understand for CISSP and PMP, if exam is pass, associated certification is given and is recognized.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can check isaca website. i believe cisa does not have an associate certification

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For CISA, if there is no working experience, will it get certified by passing the exam?

I understand for CISSP and PMP, if exam is pass, associated certification is given and is recognized.
You can take the exam first, then either validate your past experience, or start accumulating experience or both. Once you have enough experience, then will be certified.

I'll be taking CGEIT from ISACA next month.

seesiang

Reaction score
LPT Expire 2014
ECSA V4
CEH V7
CHFI V8
MCSA 2003
RHCE version 5
HDI Support Analyst (Recognized in US only, similar to ITIL)

Tyndall

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got a question, Snice that MCSE is ending by this year will there be another exam to replace MCSE? Cos i taking MCSE soon but if the course ending by this year no point for taking.

ictrocker

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got a question, Snice that MCSE is ending by this year will there be another exam to replace MCSE? Cos i taking MCSE soon but if the course ending by this year no point for taking.

Hi,

MCSA/MCSE is not ending. They are back!

Recently Microsoft reinvented their certifications. MCSA now stands for "Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate" and MCSE stands for "Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert"

If you are planning to achieve MCSE in Windows Server 2012, you must first achieve "MCSA: Windows Server 2012" certification. And in order to become MCSA, you need to pass 3 exams

• Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
  • Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
  • Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services

Tyndall

Reaction score
Hi,

MCSA/MCSE is not ending. They are back!

Recently Microsoft reinvented their certifications. MCSA now stands for "Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate" and MCSE stands for "Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert"

If you are planning to achieve MCSE in Windows Server 2012, you must first achieve "MCSA: Windows Server 2012" certification. And in order to become MCSA, you need to pass 3 exams

• Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
  • Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
  • Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services

Thx for the info but exam 70-410,411,412 are still on beta or already can take the courses and exam?

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx for the info but exam 70-410,411,412 are still on beta or already can take the courses and exam?

yeah.. not available yet... I'm waiting for 414 and 413 to finish my MCSE 2012 Infrastructure....

qubec2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, new bird here.

Anyone here able to pass their MCSA/MCSE exams without going through the training courses? E.g studying online materials and go straight to exam?

Was thinking of saving $ if possible :D

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, new bird here.

Anyone here able to pass their MCSA/MCSE exams without going through the training courses? E.g studying online materials and go straight to exam?

yes... it's possible... need to download the training videos and train yourself... build your own test enviroment.

Good Luck~!

DavidFhu

Reaction score
Hello, new bird here.

Hi,

It is possible. Most of the IT personal does that. Company are not willing to pay for IT personal salary and send them on course on the same time.

Most of the company willing to pay for exam provided pass. If not, they will pay more to hire people with the paper.

Flash33

Reaction score
Hi
Any recommendation cert for those person in the field for desktop services, HelpDesk etc.

Don know where to start from. Thanks

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.