Members' IT certifications list

csy71

Reaction score
Juniper

It is Juniper la, they are competing with Cisco GSR range of product which you mainly will find in service provider core, their command quite close to Cisco but look like C programming when issue a show config command.

csy71

Reaction score
Proximus said:

Franking speaking, Junipter is much a better product than Cisco. For those who had deal with cisco devices, you will know the IOS is so "stable" that u got to log TAC cases and apply patches....

Potential of a product does not really relies on the certification, it's the TCO and reliability of product that matters. It's of not use to have the certification if the product is not reliable at all.

Juniper JUNOS only run IP and it is also buggy compare to Cisco IOS, Cisco have been very good in support and i believe no one is able to deny that.

rhul

Reaction score
cisco almost single-handedly kill 3com...
they oso invest & promote heavily on certifications courses & now even almost all our poly, ite, even moe schools teaches cisco!

junipter wan to challenge cisco ?
tink quite hard lah... especially in sing.

juz like red-hat now challenging microsoft like tht...

jastan

Master Member
Reaction score
Over the years, Cisco had been strengthening its poistion in networking, service provider, wireless, telecommunications and IP telphony markets....Ranging from pre-sales to after sales support to RMA, they had been actively pro-customer oriented...Very hard for another competitor to come in ...

PVD

Reaction score
jastan said:
Over the years, Cisco had been strengthening its poistion in networking, service provider, wireless, telecommunications and IP telphony markets....Ranging from pre-sales to after sales support to RMA, they had been actively pro-customer oriented...Very hard for another competitor to come in ...

I disgree with "Very hard for another competitor to come in", cos I does SI for service providers and they slowly are changing to have multi-vendors equipments.

Cisco might be strong in enterprise networking but in telco sector, it still far way behind Marconi, Lucent, Alcatel, ECI...etc

In the current market, it's the price of the equipment that will win you the contract.

Bizzy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah yah.... networking is so widely use simply because of telecommunications... alcatel & Avaya seems to be a big player in telecommunication network. Seem a few alcatel switches used by company.... Don't know how long cisco will be around..

csy71

Reaction score
hard to say la, NortelNetwork at one oso very big but now oso like wan to die liao, they have very good product but i beytahan their support...give up.

Bizzy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as long as support if good, company won't care how expensive it is..

csy71

Reaction score
Bizzy said:
as long as support if good, company won't care how expensive it is..

That have been the strongest selling point of Cisco

csy71

Reaction score
of cos la, if you going to propose a network with 500 to 1000 routers, support from the vendor is every important, i dun think u wan to wait for days and the vendor tell u " our expert is on the way here from state".
Like tat u better get prepare to pack your bag & go off liao.......

csy71

Reaction score
if can i think of squeeze in all my cert logo but seem like very ugly after tat.

Bizzy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no need lah.. this one enough liao... people see your avatar also don't dare to talk to you... haha...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.