Seeking advice on reputable learning institutes

cindy0991

Reaction score
Hi, please pardon my low post count.
I am new here and I need some feedback from the community.

I am interested in learning about networks and I felt a good place to start would be Wireshark, considering that it seems to be a well established tool in the industry.

May I know if there are reputable institutes offering courses on Wireshark? I looked up Knowledge Academy Singapore and the prices are insanely high. I've also explored New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (NHCLC) and they seem to have a course on Wireshark at a reasonable cost.

Would like some feedback from the community regarding NHCLC and if there are any other recommendations. Thank you.

paper82

Reaction score
There have a series of "Wire shark" video at CBT nuggets. You can go apply "trial" for one week and study about it .

8 hours for 25 videos by Keith Baker .

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can try look at graduate diplomas from the Singapore polytechnics if you have the time at night. not sure whether they teach wireshark but there are some IT graduate diplomas which teach networks.. problem is site say class start at 630 so some ppl maybe unable to make it from work on time

Reaction score
Honestly, i dont think you need to attend a course for wireshark.

This book "Practical Packet Analysis, 2nd Edition" will give you the fundamentals for wireshark and network protocols. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.