Well paid career opputunities?

DeElement

Reaction score
Hi guys . Quite certain i'll start attending for my MCITP course which will last about 4 months. Thereafter i'll be registering for CCNA . Now , i'm intending to got for CCNP if i can pass my CCNA. What are the chances of good well paid career with this 3 certs? sidenote wise , i do not have any qualifications from govt sch cept for 1 that isn't even worth mentioning.Been in IT line for a reasonably long period of time and currently in a networking related coy.Thank you guys! And have a nice day!

Last edited:

UchihaSasuke

Reaction score
it will still be the same old question...how many yrs of exp do u have? your job scope n responsibility?

DeElement

Reaction score
been in IT industry for 5+ yrs . Current jobscope inclusive of soft/hardware tshoots , server/client PC/NB maintenance onsites.setting up servers/UO/routing/firewall.uh.alot more ya so erm ya somewhere there.

s2jktxh2

Reaction score
Hi,

CCNA plus fresh grad from NTU.

Any recommendation for jobs offer?

Thanks

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont have to spam multiple threads with the same question. there are multiple alternatives open to u:
- job agencies (EPS, Recruit Express, BGC, etc)
- SI companies (NCS, ST Electronics, Frontline)
- jobsdb.com, monster.com, jobstreet.com

it's up to u to take the initiative to check the different employment sources available.

RoLanTo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

CCNA plus fresh grad from NTU.

Any recommendation for jobs offer?

Thanks

i suggest u join dsta lah.. quite good starting pay.. depends on ur honors degree level.. u can search some threads in this forum or EDMW..

raist85

Reaction score
If you are not a scholar, dont join DSTA.

Ya starting pay good but no career progression.

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't mean that working in a MNC means got prospect. I've worked in American, German, Anglo-Dutch MNCs before. American is generally the best... But then again, not all American MNCs are run the same way. I've worked in crappy American MNCs before too.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got any jobs which is like work 2 hrs in a day then slack the rest?

seawyk

Reaction score
it will still be the same old question...how many yrs of exp do u have? your job scope n responsibility?

if i may add on to the discussion, attitude is actually equally important

I have managed teams of engineers before and a common attitude these days is that if I am not trained in a particular technology or product, then I will not know what to do. And usually, these people will not even bother to attempt to attempt finding out.

I agree it takes both hands to clap and that staff should be adequately prepared to handle whatever responsibilities they are expected to take on, but life is not perfect and if you are asked to do something you have never done before and you choose to take the easy way out by rejecting your assigned task by citing ignorance, you will eventually be the biggest loser.

If the company needs that particular task completed, they will get someone to do it... regardless of whether it is you doing it or not. But if you lose out the opportunity to learn something new simply because you choose not to get your hands dirty, then it will be your loss

Remember, lot's of companies hire on attitude but train on aptitude. With the correct attitude, you will shine in whatever company you are in ;)

Last edited:

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i may add on to the discussion, attitude is actually equally important

I have managed teams of engineers before and a common attitude these days is that if I am not trained in a particular technology or product, then I will not know what to do. And usually, these people will not even bother to attempt to attempt finding out.

I agree it takes both hands to clap and that staff should be adequately prepared to handle whatever responsibilities they are expected to take on, but life is not perfect and if you are asked to do something you have never done before and you choose to take the easy way out by rejecting your assigned task by citing ignorance, you will eventually be the biggest loser.

If the company needs that particular task completed, they will get someone to do it... regardless of whether it is you doing it or not. But if you lose out the opportunity to learn something new simply because you choose not to get your hands dirty, then it will be your loss

Remember, lot's of companies hire on attitude but train on aptitude. With the correct attitude, you will shine in whatever company you are in ;)

fully agree. if u always act blur n say u dun know, then eventually u will be overlooked when there are promotion opportunities.

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on your job requirement. i have SCSA(solaris 10) , ccna. but not really using it on my job...and even you have ccnp, dont expect you will get high pay, coz your employer will look into your job histories.

you can try NCS, lot of engineers are boarding their ships.

xiao_cai7

Reaction score
Any govt job,

Where can find a coporation during recession still gives bonus or increment

seawyk

Reaction score
Any govt job,

Where can find a coporation during recession still gives bonus or increment

Government jobs not necessarily bad, but you will definitely learn things at a slower rate.

Everything all well established in a government setup which gives you very little opportunities to learn.. and even if there are, your vendors will usually be the ones doing the actual jobs, leaving you to do mainly co-ordination.... like this how to learn??

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've learnt that in a Government job, they don't pay you for your knowledge, experience or certifications to make decisions. They pay for your knowledge experience or certifications so that when they make decisions, you'll have no questions in executing those decisions no matter how ill-informed those decisions might be.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've learnt that in a Government job, they don't pay you for your knowledge, experience or certifications to make decisions. They pay for your knowledge experience or certifications so that when they make decisions, you'll have no questions in executing those decisions no matter how ill-informed those decisions might be.

No only goverment la... anywhere also same la.. Once I go against my employer and paid the price by being by passed for promotions etc... After 9 years with the company... so sometimes it's better to follow what your superior wants u to do.. just do it... although u know it's a big waste of time. Try to be a easy person to work with... believe me, it opens alot of opportunities for promotion.

As long u under someone... just do it and work smart. We are paid to execute then we execute. If we are paid to design and make decision then we design and make decisions... Just do what u have to do... Dont be "the smart guy" and end up being back fired.

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No only goverment la... anywhere also same la.. Once I go against my employer and paid the price by being by passed for promotions etc... After 9 years with the company... so sometimes it's better to follow what your superior wants u to do.. just do it... although u know it's a big waste of time. Try to be a easy person to work with... believe me, it opens alot of opportunities for promotion.

As long u under someone... just do it and work smart. We are paid to execute then we execute. If we are paid to design and make decision then we design and make decisions... Just do what u have to do... Dont be "the smart guy" and end up being back fired.
Being allowed to make decisions is very different from going against your employer/manager/supervisor's wishes.

Your work attitude is typical of this American MNC that I used to work in. And I quit from. No opportunity for growth. Don't value suggestions, and looks like not much of grooming of their employees too. I made the jump and am much happier now.

Thus far, the better companies that I worked for, my managers would tell me why a decision I made or intend to make was not that good and why the other choices are better. Thus, slowly, I would learn and understand how they work/think, and basically how the company works/thinks and thus, slowly learn to make the right business decisions.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.