Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Well paid career opputunities?

Like Tree11Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #1

Well paid career opputunities?

Hi guys . Quite certain i'll start attending for my MCITP course which will last about 4 months. Thereafter i'll be registering for CCNA . Now , i'm intending to got for CCNP if i can pass my CCNA. What are the chances of good well paid career with this 3 certs? sidenote wise , i do not have any qualifications from govt sch cept for 1 that isn't even worth mentioning.Been in IT line for a reasonably long period of time and currently in a networking related coy.Thank you guys! And have a nice day!

Last edited by DeElement; 22-06-2010 at 09:57 PM..
DeElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #2

it will still be the same old question...how many yrs of exp do u have? your job scope n responsibility?
UchihaSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #3

been in IT industry for 5+ yrs . Current jobscope inclusive of soft/hardware tshoots , server/client PC/NB maintenance onsites.setting up servers/UO/routing/firewall.uh.alot more ya so erm ya somewhere there.
DeElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #4

Hi,

CCNA plus fresh grad from NTU.

Any recommendation for jobs offer?

Thanks
s2jktxh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

dont have to spam multiple threads with the same question. there are multiple alternatives open to u:
- job agencies (EPS, Recruit Express, BGC, etc)
- SI companies (NCS, ST Electronics, Frontline)
- jobsdb.com, monster.com, jobstreet.com

it's up to u to take the initiative to check the different employment sources available.
rAcEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
Master Member

Hi,

CCNA plus fresh grad from NTU.

Any recommendation for jobs offer?

Thanks
i suggest u join dsta lah.. quite good starting pay.. depends on ur honors degree level.. u can search some threads in this forum or EDMW..
RoLanTo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #7

If you are not a scholar, dont join DSTA.

Ya starting pay good but no career progression.
raist85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
Supremacy Member

If you are not a scholar, dont join DSTA.

Ya starting pay good but no career progression.
I think it's the same for all Government jobs, and not just DSTA.
alvinaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think it's the same for all Government jobs, and not just DSTA.
my friend work in ST engineering, it is not government, is private, but still the same no prospect
getsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Doesn't mean that working in a MNC means got prospect. I've worked in American, German, Anglo-Dutch MNCs before. American is generally the best... But then again, not all American MNCs are run the same way. I've worked in crappy American MNCs before too.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Got any jobs which is like work 2 hrs in a day then slack the rest?
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #12

it will still be the same old question...how many yrs of exp do u have? your job scope n responsibility?
if i may add on to the discussion, attitude is actually equally important

I have managed teams of engineers before and a common attitude these days is that if I am not trained in a particular technology or product, then I will not know what to do. And usually, these people will not even bother to attempt to attempt finding out.

I agree it takes both hands to clap and that staff should be adequately prepared to handle whatever responsibilities they are expected to take on, but life is not perfect and if you are asked to do something you have never done before and you choose to take the easy way out by rejecting your assigned task by citing ignorance, you will eventually be the biggest loser.

If the company needs that particular task completed, they will get someone to do it... regardless of whether it is you doing it or not. But if you lose out the opportunity to learn something new simply because you choose not to get your hands dirty, then it will be your loss

Remember, lot's of companies hire on attitude but train on aptitude. With the correct attitude, you will shine in whatever company you are in
colgate and adhika_rexuss like this.

Last edited by seawyk; 07-02-2011 at 10:18 AM..
seawyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Got any jobs which is like work 2 hrs in a day then slack the rest?
Ya. part time at McDonald's. $5 per hour so $10 a day, $50 a week and $200 a month.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

if i may add on to the discussion, attitude is actually equally important

I have managed teams of engineers before and a common attitude these days is that if I am not trained in a particular technology or product, then I will not know what to do. And usually, these people will not even bother to attempt to attempt finding out.

I agree it takes both hands to clap and that staff should be adequately prepared to handle whatever responsibilities they are expected to take on, but life is not perfect and if you are asked to do something you have never done before and you choose to take the easy way out by rejecting your assigned task by citing ignorance, you will eventually be the biggest loser.

If the company needs that particular task completed, they will get someone to do it... regardless of whether it is you doing it or not. But if you lose out the opportunity to learn something new simply because you choose not to get your hands dirty, then it will be your loss

Remember, lot's of companies hire on attitude but train on aptitude. With the correct attitude, you will shine in whatever company you are in
fully agree. if u always act blur n say u dun know, then eventually u will be overlooked when there are promotion opportunities.
rAcEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #15
Master Member

depends on your job requirement. i have SCSA(solaris 10) , ccna. but not really using it on my job...and even you have ccnp, dont expect you will get high pay, coz your employer will look into your job histories.

you can try NCS, lot of engineers are boarding their ships.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.