[guangzhou] recommend things to eat/shop/sight-see

wishaaaaa

Reaction score
Hi,
Going to Guangzhou this Sat. Has anyone has stayed at W Guangzhou hotel? Is it located centrally near shopping malls and food. Tks:)

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like Jetstar stopped flying to GZ. For budget we only left with Tiger air?? :(

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like Jetstar stopped flying to GZ. For budget we only left with Tiger air?? :(

yup, think starting this year, jetstar has stopped flying to guanghou.
Only left with tiger.
But their midnight or morning timing not that good :)
Else can take SQ, sometimes they have 398 promo, or take MH, sometimes they have 285 promo, but need transit at KUL :)

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been to GZ once. my experience is, go with an open mind, walk around, you see something interesting, check it out.

i am quite boring one, i spend 2-3 hours walking in Shamian island, and spend another 2-3 hours at 广州起义烈士陵园.

at night, can stroll along the river and eat the street food if you are not too particular about cleanliness. if you are into buying dried seafood like abalone, scallops, oysters, etc.. check out yi de road (一德路)

guangzhou has a sizable muslim population, so, there are quite a number of 清真restaurants, which can be a delightful place to dine also. i remembered having a mutton fried rice, which is chinese fried rice with 'daging', quite a nice fushion.

oh, how cheap can eats be? see picture.
P1040055.jpg

Last edited:

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go on coming Sept. Any hotel nearby the wholesale market (Yuexiu District - Railway Station) to recommend?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, only high speed rail have official website where you can book tickets online (and redeem paper ticket when you're at station) and select seats. Unfortunately language is only in chinese hence never had a chance to try it myself.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, only high speed rail have official website where you can book tickets online (and redeem paper ticket when you're at station) and select seats. Unfortunately language is only in chinese hence never had a chance to try it myself.

I have bought slow trains on ctrips.com before. Not sure if China to HK is considered an international train.

Fast speed trains can be bought on ctrips.com as well. Just collect the tickets at any train stations (include handling fee of RMB5 if not collected at the departure station).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.