HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buying train tickets from Ctrip

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #1
Master Member

Buying train tickets from Ctrip

Hi,

I would like to know is it difficult to buy tickets off ctrip? Do I need to camp online to buy the tickets once they are released and do the tickets sell out fast? Thanks!
twinklingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Junior Moderator

Hi,

I would like to know is it difficult to buy tickets off ctrip? Do I need to camp online to buy the tickets once they are released and do the tickets sell out fast? Thanks!
It depends on the time of travel, type of ticket and destination. Holiday periods are tough. Soft sleepers are frequently limited and sell fast. Hangzhou-Shanghai can be difficult. Ctrip is an indirect reseller of train tickets, and I am not sure if the slots show up on Ctrip the moment they are released by the train authority.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

Beijing to Pingyao v.v is extremely popular and tickets would be snap up the moment it's released. High speed train from Beijing to Xi'an, can buy a few days before but popular timings will be gone. Very likely to get seats for trains that arrive late at night.

Train travel is very busy in China. Don't underestimate the huge number of people travelling by train. I have been taking trains in China for years and I've never came across a 'not busy' train.

Not including high speed trains, I have taken, Beijing to Harbin return, Beijing to Datong, Datong to Hohhot, Hohhot to Erlian, Beijing to Taiyuan return (couldn't get the Beijing-Pingyao return even I tried weeks prior), Kunming to Dali, Lijiang to Kunming.

High speed trains usually can buy on the spot or a few days before (recommended). Have bought Tianjin to Beijing, Beijing to Xi'an, Shanghai to Beijing and Shanghai to Suzhou return.

Last edited by dilphinus; 17-08-2017 at 08:42 PM..
dilphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 12:56 AM   #4
Master Member

hi thanks for the advice!! if i buy tickets off ctrip, can i choose my seat?
twinklingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #5

U can choose your seat when u collect your tickets at the counter
kookaaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #6

Ctrip is not so advance, even booking for flights, still can't choose seat. I called up the customer service and they said airlines will allocate, they can't do it.
pacetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #7

If you understand chinese and have their alipay etc, try the local website
www . 12306 . cn
PeterFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.