Can Drive Car or Ride Motorcycle In China?

imgl00

Reaction score
I want to do a self drive or self ride vacation in China. Is that possible?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it's possible. It's been done many times, even land crossing from singapore to china.

One requires a Chinese license to drive in China. Even one with a license from HK or Taiwan is not allowed to drive in China.

Do your research and read up on driving/riding foreign registered vehicles in China or even trying to get/rent/drive/ride a Chinese vehicle in China.

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I drove several times in China, but the legal status of driving as a foreigner in China is at best hazy. In the outer provinces, nobody knows anything or bothers, and fortunately too, I have never been checked by authority.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I drove several times in China, but the legal status of driving as a foreigner in China is at best hazy. In the outer provinces, nobody knows anything or bothers, and fortunately too, I have never been checked by authority.
what's the paperwork /admin works for foreigners' driving?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.