Cheapest transport to HangZhou?

firstz

Reaction score
Seems like getting a china visa is quite strict now.

Went to apply for my visa and was told I have to show my return ticket also (I only bought 1-way because I didn't have a fixed return date)

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Went to apply for my visa and was told I have to show my return ticket also (I only bought 1-way because I didn't have a fixed return date)
Yes....they want to see everything then accept.....i dun even have flight booking.....quite stupid....if visa not approve....then i need to change my dept date from hangzhou.....so i didnt apply in the end.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

littlepinkparish

Reaction score

hmnn.wonder why is that..no like we are gonna jump ship and work there...

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmnn.wonder why is that..no like we are gonna jump ship and work there...
It is more of a case of tracking where we are.
Actually, all along, if you stay at any hotel in china, the hotel will fax your passport details to the local town police hq.
But this time round, the main embassy in beijing will want to know everything.

littlepinkparish

Reaction score
It is more of a case of tracking where we are.
Actually, all along, if you stay at any hotel in china, the hotel will fax your passport details to the local town police hq.
But this time round, the main embassy in beijing will want to know everything.

hmnnn...sounds bad...yeah i remember this in China.. and India too last time.. Gotta photocopy ur passport ... :(

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Some hotels in China don't accept foreigners, because they are not able to send details of foreign passports online.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assume u flying into SH?
There are plenty of local tours, should not be more than RMB100 for day trip to Hangzhou, Suzhou etc

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks.....im in hangzhou for the past week.....there are many tour agencies....based in hotels big n small. I went to wuzhen n suzhou tour liao.
Yes....cheap....abt 100rmb...but....the catch is need to visit certain ulu factories....buy stuffs....so tour guide can earn comm.
Anyway, for those interested going to hangzhou....i will update my travel log n many images when im back in sg.
After reading, will hv better info.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some hotels in China don't accept foreigners, because they are not able to send details of foreign passports online.
Yes....seemed there is a hassle for foreigners like me.
Some small hotels told me they only accept mainlanders only.
Im staying at a budget hotel....n the recep appears frustrated as he need to update my pp n particulars to the local gongan....very strict.
Luckily, still accept my booking via elong.
So now i also try not to hotel jump.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After staying for 1 week....i find although hangzhou is nice....ppl not really as friendly. But it is much cleaner on the streets compare to guangzhou n shenzhen.
Hotels are aplenty....but not really cheap.
The tour guide told me suzhou will have cheaper hotels.
Im not sure whether he bs or not....told me suzhou can be reach under 30 mins from Shanghai hongqiao airport.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Get an itemised itinerary from the tour agent. If the itinerary does not match the actual programme, complaints can be filed at the tourist authority. Tour guides leading cheap tours supplement their earnings by padding the itinerary with visits to shops.
Suzhou is a 30min HSR ride away from Shanghai Hongqiao. https://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/shanghai-schedule.htm
Hangzhou gets jam-packed by tourists from all over China, not just the world. Tourism fatigue is a fact of life, which is why I prefer to visit Hangzhou during winter, when the crowds are less.

I usually book my hotel via Ctrip because the portal has a more international outlook, and is thus able to advise if a hotel accepts foreigners. Elong caters largely to the Chinese market. You don't want to be turned away at the front desk of a hotel in the middle of nowhere, or in a cold winter. You can also call the hotel ahead of your booking to verify.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well....thanks.
It is fact thats how tour agencies operate....
It is quite crappy as many ppl are at the scenic locations....i dunno whether im taking ppl pics or scenic attractions.
Winter is nice time.....but i scared cold.....so no choice.
Not just hangzhou, suzhou too....jam packed w tour groups.
I had been using elong for like 5 years....guess it is time to switch ctrip.

cdrom85

Reaction score
@Steyr69 - how's Hangzhou so far? I'm planning for a trip in June. Read in a few places that traffic is horrendous thanks to G20 meeting preparation.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Steyr69 - how's Hangzhou so far? I'm planning for a trip in June. Read in a few places that traffic is horrendous thanks to G20 meeting preparation.
Weather wise should be turning warmer....it is 20 plus now. N it will rain often. The rain in hz suz is diff from what u exp in sg....once it rains....it hardly stops. Do prepare umbrella n raincoat.
Traffic....to me is ok if compare guangzhou n shenzhen.
The metro only one line so far....not as much ppl as in guangzhou n shenzhen.

cdrom85

Reaction score
Weather wise should be turning warmer....it is 20 plus now. N it will rain often. The rain in hz suz is diff from what u exp in sg....once it rains....it hardly stops. Do prepare umbrella n raincoat.
Traffic....to me is ok if compare guangzhou n shenzhen.
The metro only one line so far....not as much ppl as in guangzhou n shenzhen.

Thanks. I still have my special 自行车raincoat from a few years back. Will definitely bring along :)

Maybe I should spend a bit more on lodging so my daughter can swim if the weather is really crappy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.