Shanghai

daniel_91

Reaction score
wait let me get this straight just in case we arent on the same wavelength :D

ahem ahem = pirated goods. shouldnt have a problem finding pirated onitsuka tigers and nike dunks at qipu lu though i havent seen them before. got too freaked out by that place so i didnt dare to wander around that much.

fake beats earphone can find pretty easily but im not sure if qipu lu has them.

if you want original onitsuka tigers can go super brand mall, they have a small outlet there

another place that i would highly recommend is 田子坊 which is a arty-farty place. great for a tea break or a casual stroll. google it.

hahah yep. ahem ahem means pirated one.
one of my friends recommended me qipu lu as he bought fake beats earpiece for us from there:D
another random question, is 2k rmb enough for 5 days there?

joncham72

Reaction score
hahah yep. ahem ahem means pirated one.
one of my friends recommended me qipu lu as he bought fake beats earpiece for us from there:D
another random question, is 2k rmb enough for 5 days there?

well it depends on what you intend to buy and where you intend to eat

they dont have many foodcourts here so for lunch and dinner it will be around 30-50 rmb? about 20 for breakfast? then again it really depends on where you're eating.

i know of those teeny-weeny eateries that sell porridge for 10 rmb or la mian for 15-20 rmb but i doubt you'd wanna go there since youre a tourist.

so i would probably say that your expenditure on food will be around 100-130 rmb per day?

so assuming you spend 100 rmb a day on food, you will be left with 300 rmb a day for everything else. imo that might be too little.

daniel_91

Reaction score
well it depends on what you intend to buy and where you intend to eat

they dont have many foodcourts here so for lunch and dinner it will be around 30-50 rmb? about 20 for breakfast? then again it really depends on where you're eating.

i know of those teeny-weeny eateries that sell porridge for 10 rmb or la mian for 15-20 rmb but i doubt you'd wanna go there since youre a tourist.

so i would probably say that your expenditure on food will be around 100-130 rmb per day?

so assuming you spend 100 rmb a day on food, you will be left with 300 rmb a day for everything else. imo that might be too little.

yep i realised that it was too little and changed 500sgd, bringing over 200sgd cash plus credit card:D
Will be flying off tmr:s12:

mc98888

Reaction score
shanghai very expensive in term of hotel , food so so only, still like guangzhou or sz

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
shanghai very expensive in term of hotel , food so so only, still like guangzhou or sz

While I do not want to defend Shanghai that much,

I am keen to know more about your opinion about Shanghai.

I find that in Shanghai, there are good value for hotels and of course luxury hotels. When comparing hotels, it is certainly cheaper than HK and SIN.

Food, there're always options catering to all budgets and as to good food, it depends on tastebuds right?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
In terms of food, our taste-buds are more attuned to the southern cuisine. Naturally Cantonese food is more appealing.

quanyou

Reaction score
Any shanghai expert around? I will be arriving at hangzhou xiaoshan airport at around midnight via jet star. Is it advisable to take a bus to shanghai or stay in hangzhou n take the next day bullet train to shanghai?

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Any shanghai expert around? I will be arriving at hangzhou xiaoshan airport at around midnight via jet star. Is it advisable to take a bus to shanghai or stay in hangzhou n take the next day bullet train to shanghai?

It really depends on your budget, how tired you are and what kind of luggage you are bringing with you.

Bus to Shanghai option - You will arrive into Shanghai Bund 3 hours after the bus starts moving. So I say you will reach Shanghai at around 4-5am. At 5am, you can wait for sunrise and breakfast at the bund and your day starts after that and check in to a hotel later.

Stay in Hangzhou and travel to SH the next day option - More expensive, at midnight, I think there's no more airport shuttle to the city so you have to take a cab. Spend money on the night's lodging, cab to the train station and get tickets. When you reach Shanghai, its either Shanghai Hongqiao or Shanghai Station which are quite some distance away to Bund. (Assuming you are staying at Bund area in Shanghai)

Staying in Hangzhou and traveling to Shanghai is more humane as you get to rest in a real bed but it costs more and seems to be more hassle. The cab transfers - train - cab/subway in Shanghai.

Alternatively, you can check into a Shanghai hotel immediately after reaching Shanghai via bus if you have lots of luggage but that's 1 night more of lodging.

Verdict: I will take the bus to Shanghai and spend time having breakfast, watch sunrise and spend my morning around Bund then check in to a hotel. If you have lots of luggage, take the bus to Shanghai but check in to a hotel immediately.

Advice: If you are keen on taking the bus to Shanghai immediately after my chunk of words above, book the emergency exit seats and pray you get the row of 3 to yourself and you can catch some sleep on the plane.

quanyou

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will consider ur option of checking into hotel of shanghai after breakfast. Appreciate ur help.

padre

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suggest u take the gao tie to Shanghai Railway.
its only 45mins, not expensive. very comfy

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
i suggest u take the gao tie to Shanghai Railway.
its only 45mins, not expensive. very comfy

The earliest Gao Tie is G7362 and it only departs Hangzhou Station at 06:14 and will reach at 07:09 at HQ and 07:36

If traveling to SH Hongqiao, the tic is at 78y and to SH station is at 93y.

That's why I recommend just taking the bus from HGH airport and it costs just 100y and reaches the Bund rather than cabbing to HZ city, then cab to train station and cab/subway in SH.

padre

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The earliest Gao Tie is G7362 and it only departs Hangzhou Station at 06:14 and will reach at 07:09 at HQ and 07:36

If traveling to SH Hongqiao, the tic is at 78y and to SH station is at 93y.

That's why I recommend just taking the bus from HGH airport and it costs just 100y and reaches the Bund rather than cabbing to HZ city, then cab to train station and cab/subway in SH.

makes sense too.
but is the bus comfy.

so far, all my travels in china, either shanghai, hangzhou or suzhou are by train, or cab

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
makes sense too.
but is the bus comfy.

so far, all my travels in china, either shanghai, hangzhou or suzhou are by train, or cab

More comfy that the Jetstar seat IMO.

So long you have a small carry on and throw your big luggage into the trunk of the bus, you will be good.

At that time and after a flight, I would say, you will sleep very easily.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hangzhou airport to the train station is not near. about half an hour to 45 mins by bus.

most hotels in china will allow early check-in if the rooms are available. i arrived early morning in beijing on a few occassions and i managed to check-in early, like at 8 ish and 9 in the morning.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i didn't take the bus from shanghai to hangzhou, but took the airport shuttle bus/coach from hangzhou train station to the airport and it's not comfortable at all. pretty crowded as well.

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
i didn't take the bus from shanghai to hangzhou, but took the airport shuttle bus/coach from hangzhou train station to the airport and it's not comfortable at all. pretty crowded as well.

Did you take the Jetstar flight to Hangzhou?

If so, can you please share with us whether there's still shuttle buses to Hangzhou city when the Jetstar flight landed?

Thanks.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you take the Jetstar flight to Hangzhou?

If so, can you please share with us whether there's still shuttle buses to Hangzhou city when the Jetstar flight landed?

Thanks.

nope. didn't arrive in hangzhou. departed from hangzhou.

quanyou

Reaction score
btw any hotel for recommendation? 5 days in shanghai and budget is ard 300-400 rmb per nite.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.