Prepaid mobile data in China

path_of_rainbow

Reaction score
Will be visiting Xi'an, Beijing and Shanghai for 3 weeks in Dec.
Is there any unlimited pre-paid data that I can purchase, as the wifi in the hotels may not be stable ?
Thanks.

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask me anything about china unicom sim card.. i know it best

there is no unlimited prepaid sim card in china.

you do not need unlimited data because, facebook, youtube, twitter, instagram , LINE app, and lots more to name.. are all blocked by great firewall of china..there is not a lot of website you can surf. But you can whatsapp, but texting doesnt takes much data.

Tsting

Reaction score
ask me anything about china unicom sim card.. i know it best

there is no unlimited prepaid sim card in china.

you do not need unlimited data because, facebook, youtube, twitter, instagram , LINE app, and lots more to name.. are all blocked by great firewall of china..there is not a lot of website you can surf. But you can whatsapp, but texting doesnt takes much data.

What is the validity of a prepaid card?

I read online that Since last year, China Mobile was the 1st to extend validity to 5 years. Unicom followed soon after?

I travel sometimes to China up to once or twice a month for a few months at a time... then sometimes only once a year.

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China SIM card all have monthly fee. So as long you have credits inside for monthly fee. Ur card don't expire.

Tsting

Reaction score
Thanks boss.
I'm trying to find out more... but info online all in mandarin... very hard to read :p

Lets say I got use a 100rmb per month plan, how to activate when I touch down, and deactivate when I leave so the following month will fall back to the base maintenance monthly fee?

Or do I have to activate the 100rmb every month manually. So that I do not need to deactivate the plan when I leave, and it will auto fall back to base maintenance fee?

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to deactivate, just call customer service 10010 when you in china , just ask them do for you can already

how much mb a month is usually a monthly plan, some can deactivate, some cannot, so you have to make sure from the buyer you buy first.. some is fixed monthly fee that high..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.