Shanghai

hungryfriend

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not so convenient to cycle if you want to be close to the action. It will be inconvenient to cycle on some paths especially with the crowds. You will also have to return the bicycle to where you rented it. Reduces the flexibility that you have, since at some points you may want to wander away from the main path or take a boat ride. I visited Lingyin temple and the Feilai peak. Need time. Leifeng Pagoda is a modern re-construction, although it is on the same site and has its links to the Legend of the White Snake. I preferred LiuHe Pagoda which is the setting for Qianlong's kidnapping in The Book And The Sword.

thanks for your help
can help me agar agar plan how should i walk to cover most of the more interesting places?

Hangzhou_tourist_map.jpg

beanstalk6

Reaction score
You may do this - 37-27-23-Su Causeway- 20. Already about 8km. Which is why having also LiuHe Pagoda and Lingyin Temple may be too much for a day.

Last edited:

shaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in shanghai now till 20 Mar.. stay JinAn temple area.. . welcome chit chat...

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JinAn temple area is nice, used to stay around there too when i visited Shanghai.

U can try their local shanghai food.
They tend to be sweet though
But i like their sesame noodles, fried pork chops, deep fried small fish.

shaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok... I stay in loushanguan, jin'an already.. So sick of eat out, miss home cook food with family

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to Shanghai, Wuxi area in 2 weeks time.

Need a Data-only SIM for my Huawei mobile router. Need 1gb and can accesss google facebook and the usual (aka no need to worry abt the Great Firewall of China)

Any recommandations?

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Going to shanghai on thr second week of December, staying at the fairmont peace hotel. Where's the nearest supermarket from the hotel? Looking on Google maps the nearest carrefour/tesco is at least a stop away :/

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Going to shanghai on thr second week of December, staying at the fairmont peace hotel. Where's the nearest supermarket from the hotel? Looking on Google maps the nearest carrefour/tesco is at least a stop away :/

That can't be the case. Cross the river over to Lujiazui, Pudong. There is a supermarket in the basement of Super Brand Mall.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
That can't be the case. Cross the river over to Lujiazui, Pudong. There is a supermarket in the basement of Super Brand Mall.

The nearest metro stop is a few blocks away, quite troublesome if carrying lots of stuff. Anything within 5 minutes walking?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score

ur out of luck bro. closest supermkt is either @ east nanjing road or go over the river

then ur peace hotel outside will get damn crowded 1, u going on the 2nd week, it will be worse good luck :(

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
ur out of luck bro. closest supermkt is either @ east nanjing road or go over the river

then ur peace hotel outside will get damn crowded 1, u going on the 2nd week, it will be worse good luck :(

why second week worse? december is supposed to be low peak no?

kris_misa

Reaction score
hi , wonder did anyone tried taking the egobus from airport to hotel from pudong airport before?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I went during third week of oct, supposedly no people after their golden week, but still **** ton of people. Then 2nd week also close to Christmas, the human traffic overflow to the roads I see Liao also half sian

why second week worse? december is supposed to be low peak no?

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
I went during third week of oct, supposedly no people after their golden week, but still **** ton of people. Then 2nd week also close to Christmas, the human traffic overflow to the roads I see Liao also half sian

As long they don't spill into the lobby I'm fine with that :s13:

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Serious man, walk out of fairmont see the masses of tiongs really turn off... the bund at night also crowded like fkkkkkk

:s13: hope it's not that bad when i go. I staying at the fairmont peace cause i got a really good rate there

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.