LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #76
Master Member

Look, there is Google Maps for that.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #77
Supremacy Member

hi all,

any idea regarding data sim cards for use in china?
I suppose we are able to buy at airport?
gibson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #78

hi all,

any idea regarding data sim cards for use in china?
I suppose we are able to buy at airport?
some stores selling HP will have, or u can go directly to the service provider shop to buy.
I bought from China unicom. you have to let them know you want 3g, cus there are a few types of package.

Then subsequently, when you want to top up value can go convenient store to buy top up card. Mine is a monthly package and I top up every month.
pleaselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #79

Hi, going Shanghai in Dec, first time experiencing winter. Heard that it is much cheaper buying winter clothings in Shanghai, any ideas where to go to?

I am quite a big size guys, wearing XXL, went window shopping and saw that winter clothings available for my size cost at least 200+, quite disappointing as I got a tight budget
androidified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #80

can try qi pu lu.
thanks, any reputable chinese brand down jacket to recommend?
androidified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #81

I ll be going to Shanghai in december, then going to Hangzhou from there. There are 2 railway stations in shanghai, the trains to hangzhou only leave from the southern ones? I notice alot more hotel options in the north, so was thinking of staying in that area, since I ll be doing like 1 night Shanghai -> Hangzhou + others > Shanghai again. on the return, I am pretty much decided with Seagull on the bund, so just thinking of the first night's hotel.
alexljy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #82
Master Member

Qi Pu Lu mostly sell knock offs so keep walking around, bargain hard!

Take good care of your belongings, pickpockets everywhere.
tycosiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #83
Master Member

I ll be going to Shanghai in december, then going to Hangzhou from there. There are 2 railway stations in shanghai, the trains to hangzhou only leave from the southern ones? I notice alot more hotel options in the north, so was thinking of staying in that area, since I ll be doing like 1 night Shanghai -> Hangzhou + others > Shanghai again. on the return, I am pretty much decided with Seagull on the bund, so just thinking of the first night's hotel.
The high speed trains all originate from the south station and it makes traveling in China much more civilized.

The subway system is pretty reliable and cheap so I wouldn't mind take a 20mins train to the south station.
tycosiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #84

Go there and buy if you can take the cold else better settle it in Singapore. Qi Pu Lu is like Platinum Mall in BKK. Big place selling cheap products that may not be to your liking.

Try looking in Uniqlo or H&M, they might have one or 2 items that suits you. All you need is a just good jacket and a sweater is more than enough. Dec is still not that cold yet. Shanghai get chilly only when it is very windy, else 5-10 Deg C is ok.
OceanEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #85

Seagull? What hotel is that? Just stay wherever you want, depend on timing, RMB50 can get you to alot of places in Shanghai from Bund area.

Take a look at Charms Hotel on Jiu JiangLu (九江路). If price did not change much, should be within RMB600-800 range. Smack right beside Nanjing Lu, walking distance to many places including The Bund. But be warned, this is a Chinese Hotel, old and not that class looking but the location makes it all up.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #86

rmb50 bund area? sure it's clean and not hostel?

cheapest I found was rmb200 near bund, called bestay.

feel free to list down a few and I'll check out your suggestions (:

wah RMB 200 near Bund .... and not hostel not easy leh...

New World Holiday Haodu Hotel from RMB 130

Chinas Best Value Inn Jiujiang Road Bund from RMB 268

Jia Na Hotel from RMB 170

Lakeside Holiday Inn from RMB 181

Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #87

rmb50 bund area? sure it's clean and not hostel?

cheapest I found was rmb200 near bund, called bestay.

feel free to list down a few and I'll check out your suggestions (:
RMB50 meaning the taxi fare. Starting from Bund area, can bring you to many places within city area, such as Cheng Huang Miao, Huai Hai Lu, Xin Tian Di, Pudong Hyatt Hotel (Jin Mao) etc or even up to train station.

Dont waste time looking out for buses and trains especially if you are on a tight schedule and also not travelling out off Shanghai.

From Pudong Airport, you may consider to take their magnetic train, think about RMB60 per trip, quite worth it if you are alone and not with a lot of baggage and early in the morning to avoid the peak hour jam. Reaching the station in Long Yang Lu (Pudong), you can then catch a cab to any where else. Pudong Airport to Pudong City is approx RMB100 (Subject to time and traffic and where you are going). Taxis starts from RMB12.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #88

RMB50 meaning the taxi fare. Starting from Bund area, can bring you to many places within city area, such as Cheng Huang Miao, Huai Hai Lu, Xin Tian Di, Pudong Hyatt Hotel (Jin Mao) etc or even up to train station.

Dont waste time looking out for buses and trains especially if you are on a tight schedule and also not travelling out off Shanghai.

From Pudong Airport, you may consider to take their magnetic train, think about RMB60 per trip, quite worth it if you are alone and not with a lot of baggage and early in the morning to avoid the peak hour jam. Reaching the station in Long Yang Lu (Pudong), you can then catch a cab to any where else. Pudong Airport to Pudong City is approx RMB100 (Subject to time and traffic and where you are going). Taxis starts from RMB12.
Can check with u all. Can we like avoid taking the Magnetic train and just take their local subway straight to city centre?

Or still must take Magnetic train then change to subway?
m1kid85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #89
Supremacy Member

Can check with u all. Can we like avoid taking the Magnetic train and just take their local subway straight to city centre?

Or still must take Magnetic train then change to subway?
Can. Line 2 will take u all the way to nanjing road east. Takes alot longer though.
swatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #90

Can. Line 2 will take u all the way to nanjing road east. Takes alot longer though.
Ok Thanks a lot. Think I will just take the subway. cos my hotel sheraton is very near line 4 and 10. Siping road
m1kid85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.