HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

COMEX Tech Show Giveaway 2 Share and Win Contest!

Like Tree35Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

COMEX Tech Show Giveaway 2 Share and Win Contest!

Attention all HardwareZoners!

To tie in with the COMEX 2012 Tech Show, HWZ is holding our very own COMEX Tech Show Giveaway! Simply head on over to our COMEX Tech Show Portal, participate in our forums, and you stand to win a variety of Samsung Wireless Audio with Docks worth over $1,600!!

Share and Win Contest

From 30th August till 7th September, share your quality findings, views and opinions on COMEX 2012 on this forum thread, and garner the most likes on your post amongst your fellow forumers! Two winners with the most likes on their post walk away with Samsung DA-E670 worth $499 each!
Old 26-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #2

i think u will win. cos u already garner 7 likes lol..
e8raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #3

Cool

ASUS K46CM running 3rd gen processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M Graphics card
4GB RAM
500GB SATA

@$1049

Getting this!!!

Last edited by dengseng; 30-08-2012 at 05:06 PM..
dengseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Administrator

lol, can't win ourselves :p

i think u will win. cos u already garner 7 likes lol..
Old 28-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Senior Moderator

We can enter or notch? Hahaha

-=SerSiTiv.com=-
SerSiTiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Administrator

Of cos!

We can enter or notch? Hahaha
Old 30-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #7

The best thing is I can found (for me at least) are:
- HDD prices is falling down like the old days
500GB 2.5" HDD price is $79
2TB 3.5" HDD is $149
- 4GB DDR3 RAM crucial: $22
Both are on 6th floor

And for those renewing your starhub broadband, they got promotion for MaxOnline Express, Free Nexus 7.
jilaxzhcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
Administrator

Here's my indirect contribution (though I don't qualify anyway):-

1) WD 1TB portable HDD for just $99

2) Toshiba AT270, 7.7-inch AMOLED display based tablet; supposedly the thinnest! It's expensive but it looks sweet - for now.

Non-tech related....

3) Suntec parking sucks big time!! Basement 2 is never open for public; for major events, Basement 1 alone isn't enough. Some planning they've got for a convention center Just head anywhere else but Suntec - don't even think about trying.

4) And the most annoying aspect of the show are.... Credit Card Companies!! They are simply horrible and they are everywhere; and I mean EVERYWHERE - there's nowhere to hide, much less run. Good luck trying to avoid them.
The_Davis and ANTHONY GOH like this.
Old 31-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #9

My findings: we can find better price outside COMEX
ANTHONY GOH likes this.
yamakazi51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
Master Member

My finding:
Even HWZ and CNET Asia can publish misleading (wrong) info

After efforts spent braving through an hour traffic jam and going to both HN (Level 6) and NB (Level 4) booths, both confirmed that S4A (II) is not available for sale in COMEX, at all.
ANTHONY GOH and sgh858 like this.
XasakuraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
Administrator

Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of the information given to us. Do note that for advanced coverage, it means we've to rely on info passed down to us.

However the complexity of managing and handling the show for these retailers means that there are times when what the brands hope to push at the show, does not match what's actually on retail due to logistics or other unforeseen matters.

We do check out the on-site offers but we can't possibly check for every item they've shared with us. Heck, even the brochures aren't 100% accurate since even those could be outdated and can't factor changes that occur in the last minute.

Sorry to hear that you found one of the downsides of the show. (So technically, while the info you pointed could be wrong, it's actually the fault of the vendors.) We'll rectify this later today - thanks for pointing out and notifying others too!

My finding:
Even HWZ and CNET Asia can publish misleading (wrong) info

After efforts spent braving through an hour traffic jam and going to both HN (Level 6) and NB (Level 4) booths, both confirmed that S4A (II) is not available for sale in COMEX, at all.
ANTHONY GOH likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #12

Non-tech related....

3) Suntec parking sucks big time!! Basement 2 is never open for public; for major events, Basement 1 alone isn't enough. Some planning they've got for a convention center Just head anywhere else but Suntec - don't even think about trying.

4) And the most annoying aspect of the show are.... Credit Card Companies!! They are simply horrible and they are everywhere; and I mean EVERYWHERE - there's nowhere to hide, much less run. Good luck trying to avoid them.
Answer to Parking: Marina Square Seems like the right place if you don't mind the walk after shopping for your IT Products

And for the CC Companies One word for them : I'm bankrupt, Could i still Sign and Take up a Loan too? (Always Works)
ANTHONY GOH likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Administrator

Yea Marina and Millenia are decent options and accessible enough.

Gosh, I gotta try that bankrupt response some time

Answer to Parking: Marina Square Seems like the right place if you don't mind the walk after shopping for your IT Products

And for the CC Companies One word for them : I'm bankrupt, Could i still Sign and Take up a Loan too? (Always Works)
Eunhoon likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
Master Member

Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of the information given to us. Do note that for advanced coverage, it means we've to rely on info passed down to us.

However the complexity of managing and handling the show for these retailers means that there are times when what the brands hope to push at the show, does not match what's actually on retail due to logistics or other unforeseen matters.

We do check out the on-site offers but we can't possibly check for every item they've shared with us. Heck, even the brochures aren't 100% accurate since even those could be outdated and can't factor changes that occur in the last minute.

Sorry to hear that you found one of the downsides of the show. (So technically, while the info you pointed could be wrong, it's actually the fault of the vendors.) We'll rectify this later today - thanks for pointing out and notifying others too!
yup. I understand that. Just that disappointed to find out it was not available when I alrdy made the efforts to check online sources prior going down to the show =( n the horrible traffic jam and encounters at the show just made things worse. sigh.
XasakuraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
Administrator

Double darn
Totally understand your feelings.
I've dropped them a mail to verify their given info; not sure if perhaps the stock is coming in later or something.

yup. I understand that. Just that disappointed to find out it was not available when I alrdy made the efforts to check online sources prior going down to the show =( n the horrible traffic jam and encounters at the show just made things worse. sigh.
yamakazi51 and ANTHONY GOH like this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.