[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought Hidden Agenda from US PSN store? Can it be played using the Android app from SG Google Play store (here) or have to get the app from US Google Play (use VPN etc)... in other words, got region lock or not?

What about Knowledge Is Power? This one not available on SG PSN or SG Google Play, can just search for US apk file or get from US Google Play store?

These are on sale this weekend in the US Flash Sale at us$5 each. Quite tempting, esp Hidden Agenda.

must use app then can play ah ?

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I feel the same too. I POed the MHW special edition but I’m not interested in the game just want the PS4 Pro only :s13:

I have Xbox one X & PS4 Slim. I own FF15 & Dragonage Inquisition for both console. Without comparing side by side, I really can’t notice the graphics difference between the 2 consoles. Just that Xbox one X is total silent compare to PS4 slim when gaming. My friend told me PS4 Pro fan will still spin up when gaming. I’m considering canceling the PO already.

Did you complete dragon age?its a snooze fest.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Nights

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you complete dragon age?its a snooze fest.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

U mean Dragon age inquisition? I complete on PC version only LOL. Now playing a different class on console.

qwertified

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on that. PS3 is the one that made backward compatibility impossible cos it used a different architecture (the IBM Cell processor). It is actually a better architecture (as some Sony first party games showed) but hard to program well. Eventually it didn't catch on (kinda like Betamax vs VHS). So PS4 switched back to the more popular industry standard, making it easier for third parties to create multi-platform games. (Similar story for Nintendo, now with the Switch they also moved to an industry standard architecture, so you are seeing tons of games ported over to Switch quickly.) It is unlikely that the PS5 will go to another unique architecture again (Sony should learn its lesson), so PS5 backward compatibility is highly likely.

They have PS now, if that proves to be lucrative in the states and JP, they'd rather milk through streaming than offer free playback of older titles via backwards compatibility. Ultimately businesses learn "lessons" via profit and loss.

qwertified

Reaction score
agreed on that as well....especially seeing microsoft backward compatibility stance, i don't think sony is stupid enough to hand over the positive PR to MS so readily for nextgen..

Not necessarily.. IMO sony no longer view xbox as a threat at least for this gen. Backwards compatibility didn't really help much in terms of sales, so sony would interpret that as having backwards compatibility is not important. Price of console and exclusives matter more.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
They have PS now, if that proves to be lucrative in the states and JP, they'd rather milk through streaming than offer free playback of older titles via backwards compatibility. Ultimately businesses learn "lessons" via profit and loss.
Nothing wrong with doing both. One is a la carte, one is set meal. Sell both. If you bought individual ps4 games, backward compatibility lets you play them on ps5 natively locally. If you didn't buy some games, subscribe to PS Now to play them via streaming. Microsoft's game subscription is downloaded and played locally, perhaps PS Now on ps5 will offer ps4 games played locally.

ratinacage

Reaction score
myrepublic ps4 pro

Do u guys think that the MyRepublic ps4 PRO bundle is worth it? SGD69.90 per month for 24 month.

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do u guys think that the MyRepublic ps4 PRO bundle is worth it? SGD69.90 per month for 24 month.
Not really
The same plan is $39.90 with no freebies so you are effectively paying $30 x 24 = $720

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so thats like a Stinktel tactic that they have adopted? :s22::s22:
Yea it's the same telco 2 year phone plan sales tactic

Although for phone it might be worthwhile if you have access to corporate plans

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.