HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

Based on the Switch thread, some of our fellow local hwz forumers are facing hw problems like joy-con desync, left joy-con battery draining and feeling hot to touch, switch battery draining while in sleep mode and even when off, switch feeling hot to touch, dead pixel at the center of the switch screen etc. I don't know how many ppl here have the Switch already, the friend code thread shows about 30, so probably 60 have it? 4 or 5 ppl unlucky enough to encounter problem is a pretty high proportion. And this is still new, I fear some other problems could happen, like the fan failing over time, the kickstand breaking.

Not saying we should be paying Maxsoft tax (f**k them, no one should be paying that), but just be aware of what you are getting into if you don't have warranty. And just evaluate for yourself whether you really NEED to have the Switch now? (To play what? Zelda, a single-player game, play later won't die one; and then what? the super overpriced bomber man? and then buy all sorts of overpriced ports cos there is nothing else to play?) Chill lah, can wait just wait lor.
My guess is rushed production and 1st batch problems .
Buying without warranty is a huge gamble at least for now.

Well you always have the pay the price for being a hardcore zelda fan lol. After a few months the switch price will drop and better quality too since most hardware and software issues will be fixed by then.

Last edited by micheloving; 09-03-2017 at 07:06 PM..
micheloving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

i have a right joycon battery drain and extremely hot, even connected a charger, the right joycon will run out of battery within 1 hour, and no way to continue playing unless i put it in sleep mode to let it charge for 3 hours to get full, and discharge in 1 hour....
Use the warranty , it might be a hardware defect .
Old 09-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #18

Hi to anyone interested in buying the switch in japan, it is currently sold out everywhere but according to Bic Camera website, Switch will be available in store from March 11 onwards
Seyvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #19

Hi to anyone interested in buying the switch in japan, it is currently sold out everywhere but according to Bic Camera website, Switch will be available in store from March 11 onwards
Nice~ thanks for sharing. Be there in April, hopefully can get a set.
Oranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #20
Master Member

Fingers cross more discounts and there is stock when i go in June.

Maybe by then, many on carousel after people get bored with Zelda. No need to go Japan grab cheaper set.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #21

Currently they don't allow 1 person to buy more than 1 set of Switch from what i understand.
Wonder how those carouseller gonna get their stock in japan, as if they tried to get it tax-free then there will be record in their passport
Old 10-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #22

Same will be in japan in april, which date? im on 11th
rEe_TaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:00 AM   #23

Same will be in japan in april, which date? im on 11th
Lol, same date arrival. Going via Scoot.

Probably only gonna be looking for it after a few days there.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #24
Great Supremacy Member

Currently they don't allow 1 person to buy more than 1 set of Switch from what i understand.
Wonder how those carouseller gonna get their stock in japan, as if they tried to get it tax-free then there will be record in their passport
Record is just a receipt stapled onto the passport which you can remove on ur own by the way..

Can just pass it to the custom officer at the airport, they don't check on physical goods..
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #25

Lol, same date arrival. Going via Scoot.

Probably only gonna be looking for it after a few days there.
Scoot? what is your price? Mine on $571, direct flight, DELTA Airline~!
rEe_TaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #26

Scoot? what is your price? Mine on $571, direct flight, DELTA Airline~!
Good price~

Mine's via Scoot 1-for-1 but for 3ppl. Bout $550+ per person but need transit at Taiwan. First-time self book, should have checked in detail before going ahead. Oh well.. +exp~
Old 14-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #27

Hope they'll really deliver this end of March or early April, hoping to buy a few when i go there this April or my trip would be a total waste
jibanyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #28

Currently in Sapporo, checked Bic and yodobashi ytd.. Still no stock and no dates given for restock.. And alot japanese also aiming for the restock so i dont think i am able to get in this trip le
Old 21-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #29

Currently in Sapporo, checked Bic and yodobashi ytd.. Still no stock and no dates given for restock.. And alot japanese also aiming for the restock so i dont think i am able to get in this trip le
Wahhh!!! Still no Stock?! I'll be heading in Japan this April 19-30 hope there will be already, according to small news that they will be restocking Mar. 22 onwards ...
Old 21-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #30

Wahhh!!! Still no Stock?! I'll be heading in Japan this April 19-30 hope there will be already, according to small news that they will be restocking Mar. 22 onwards ...
I'm going on 7 April.....

Will be hunting for Amiibo myself
Will let u know the switch situation
ATZW1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.