HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #1

To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

Hi, I'm planning to get Nintendo Switch when I'm in Japan next month, would like to know whether there will be any language setting issues in console, power adapter compatability or other limitations?

Thanks in advance!
raul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

can u buy for me oso?

u go the switch thread n ask better
tidiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:05 AM   #3
Master Member

Would like to know to....
xxnaixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #4
Master Member

You can set the language to English during setup, and the power adaptor works here. You just have to have the plug to convert the Japan 2- pin to our local one.
Kiddream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

I just got back from japan last Sat.
Unless you pre-ordered there is no way to get it off the shelf.
I asked about availability from most of the big mechants, Yodobashi and BIC camera. Most are still accepting another round of pre-order.
Alot of accessories though but no consoles to be found.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #6

In the end I got it locally, as Nintendo doesn't have international warranty, too risky to get console there. It's probably a better idea to get games and accessories there.
raul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #7

In the end I got it locally, as Nintendo doesn't have international warranty, too risky to get console there. It's probably a better idea to get games and accessories there.
Pretty much a better choice. Since at most you save like 100 bucks or so, but have to worry everyday (At least for a year) about your console having problems since there's no local warranty.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #8
Master Member

Wise choice, so u can play ur NS otw to japan!

go japan hunt for accessories!
Runez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #9

I will get in japan. No way im paying a price of a PS4 Pro =_=
rEe_TaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Get in japan better. 29990 Yen if i remember correctly.
Its only SGD $370 and still can minus 8% tax. use Visa got extra 5% discount (at Yodobashi and BIC). You can buy two in japan with the damn price of 699 in Singapore.
Anyway Nintendo hardware quite hardy one
lockks and noobass456 like this.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #11

Agreed. I would get from Japan as well. I got 3 3DS LL from Japan at different periods and all have no issues even until now. Been years.
aaalgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #12
Master Member

Its only SGD $370 and still can minus 8% tax. use Visa got extra 5% discount (at Yodobashi and BIC). You can buy two in japan with the damn price of 699 in Singapore.
Good to know. Tks for the info.
Did not know about the Visa promo @ Yodobashi/BIC.

Hmm.. now if there is stock of course.

So the language option can be changed on the console. What about the games itself from Japan?
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #13
Master Member

Based on the Switch thread, some of our fellow local hwz forumers are facing hw problems like joy-con desync, left joy-con battery draining and feeling hot to touch, switch battery draining while in sleep mode and even when off, switch feeling hot to touch, dead pixel at the center of the switch screen etc. I don't know how many ppl here have the Switch already, the friend code thread shows about 30, so probably 60 have it? 4 or 5 ppl unlucky enough to encounter problem is a pretty high proportion. And this is still new, I fear some other problems could happen, like the fan failing over time, the kickstand breaking.

Not saying we should be paying Maxsoft tax (f**k them, no one should be paying that), but just be aware of what you are getting into if you don't have warranty. And just evaluate for yourself whether you really NEED to have the Switch now? (To play what? Zelda, a single-player game, play later won't die one; and then what? the super overpriced bomber man? and then buy all sorts of overpriced ports cos there is nothing else to play?) Chill lah, can wait just wait lor.
rEe_TaN likes this.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
Master Member

29990 from BIC is already Tax Free, Yodobashi 32xxx before Tax Free.
Seyvon likes this.
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Based on the Switch thread, some of our fellow local hwz forumers are facing hw problems like joy-con desync, left joy-con battery draining and feeling hot to touch, switch battery draining while in sleep mode and even when off, switch feeling hot to touch, dead pixel at the center of the switch screen etc. I don't know how many ppl here have the Switch already, the friend code thread shows about 30, so probably 60 have it? 4 or 5 ppl unlucky enough to encounter problem is a pretty high proportion. And this is still new, I fear some other problems could happen, like the fan failing over time, the kickstand breaking.

Not saying we should be paying Maxsoft tax (f**k them, no one should be paying that), but just be aware of what you are getting into if you don't have warranty. And just evaluate for yourself whether you really NEED to have the Switch now? (To play what? Zelda, a single-player game, play later won't die one; and then what? the super overpriced bomber man? and then buy all sorts of overpriced ports cos there is nothing else to play?) Chill lah, can wait just wait lor.
i have a right joycon battery drain and extremely hot, even connected a charger, the right joycon will run out of battery within 1 hour, and no way to continue playing unless i put it in sleep mode to let it charge for 3 hours to get full, and discharge in 1 hour....
Official Member #6 Of EDMW Gundam Modelling Brotherhood
simcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.