Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HELP : PS4 Slim wont turn on!!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jrwong84
  • 1 Post By jrwong84

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #1

HELP : PS4 Slim wont turn on!!

Hi Guys. I left my ps4 slim untouched for a few months and today I tried to on it, it wont respond at all.. it's like there's no power supply at all. I tried the cable on other device it works just fine so I don't think the cable is faulty.

Tried unplugging everything and leaving it for a while and plugged in but still unresponsive. Eject button doesnt work too.. if I use controller, the lights on it just blink but console no respond. During the past few months, I had the HDMI cable plugged (connected to TV) but did not use the PS4 for months.

Looking for advice urgently.. could it be the power supply faulty? Am I going to lose all my saved game data since I dont have backup? Thanks!
hellopanda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #2

Hi Guys. I left my ps4 slim untouched for a few months and today I tried to on it, it wont respond at all.. it's like there's no power supply at all. I tried the cable on other device it works just fine so I don't think the cable is faulty.

Tried unplugging everything and leaving it for a while and plugged in but still unresponsive. Eject button doesnt work too.. if I use controller, the lights on it just blink but console no respond. During the past few months, I had the HDMI cable plugged (connected to TV) but did not use the PS4 for months.

Looking for advice urgently.. could it be the power supply faulty? Am I going to lose all my saved game data since I dont have backup? Thanks!
I got the same case happen same thing with you the light blink but cannot on I just send to the service centre

it was detected as motherboard faulty yes hdd will be totally wipe but heng I got a practice to save my game to a usb stick and psn save so all my save can get back

My uplorry history hope it help you
[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 2
jrwong84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #3

I got the same case happen same thing with you the light blink but cannot on I just send to the service centre

it was detected as motherboard faulty yes hdd will be totally wipe but heng I got a practice to save my game to a usb stick and psn save so all my save can get back

My uplorry history hope it help you
[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 2
For me the blinking part is the controller.. not the console blue light, meaning the console is like dead no respond at all. I see we can replace the power supply adapter ourselves.. anyone knows how to identify which power supply suits my console? Its PS4 Slim CUH-2006B ...

May I ask which service centre u bring to? Just bring to any Sony store? Thanks.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #4

For me the blinking part is the controller.. not the console blue light, meaning the console is like dead no respond at all. I see we can replace the power supply adapter ourselves.. anyone knows how to identify which power supply suits my console? Its PS4 Slim CUH-2006B ...

May I ask which service centre u bring to? Just bring to any Sony store? Thanks.
Don't do it yourself since is under warranty just send to repair centre

Last time I send to ubi now I think amk oso can service centre

PlayStation® Service Centre
3 Ang Mo Kio Street 62
#03-33 Link@AMK
Singapore 569139
Operating Hours:

10.00am to 6.00pm (Mon to Fri)
10.00am to 3.00pm (Saturday)
Closed on Sunday & Public Holidays.

No. 33 Ubi Avenue 3
#05-52 Vertex Building Tower A
Singapore 408868
Operating Hours:

10.00am to 8.00pm (Mon to Fri)
Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays.
hellopanda12345 likes this.
Old 28-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #5

Don't do it yourself since is under warranty just send to repair centre

Last time I send to ubi now I think amk oso can service centre

3 Ang Mo Kio Street 62
#03-33 Link@AMK
Singapore 569139
Operating Hours:

10.00am to 6.00pm (Mon to Fri)
10.00am to 3.00pm (Saturday)
Closed on Sunday & Public Holidays.

No. 33 Ubi Avenue 3
#05-52 Vertex Building Tower A
Singapore 408868
Operating Hours:

10.00am to 8.00pm (Mon to Fri)
Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays.
Thanks man you really helpful!! But mine no warranty already been a year plus since I bought it. I'm actually thinking of bringing it to Power Fix to diagnose the problem.. I heard service centre need to wait quite long? You think reliable or not Power Fix? Hopefully if change power supply adapter only my data still can remain....
Old 28-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #6

Thanks man you really helpful!! But mine no warranty already been a year plus since I bought it. I'm actually thinking of bringing it to Power Fix to diagnose the problem.. I heard service centre need to wait quite long? You think reliable or not Power Fix? Hopefully if change power supply adapter only my data still can remain....
No problem small issue only just help by typing

Even you send to 3rd party repair power supply usually cost $80-100

Your set expire how long already? From the date of purchase till now? You can try to buy a extended warranty card

1 year standard 3 month online registration=15 month if you buy extended warranty card can use it to extend 1 year =12month 1 time usage Only total 27 months
Old 28-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #7

No problem small issue only just help by typing

Even you send to 3rd party repair power supply usually cost $80-100

Your set expire how long already? From the date of purchase till now? You can try to buy a extended warranty card

1 year standard 3 month online registration=15 month if you buy extended warranty card can use it to extend 1 year =12month 1 time usage Only total 27 months

I just double checked and realized my account setup date is 21.01.2017 .. happen to be just nice 1 year 7 days ago leh.. and I so blur I never register my hardware on PSN. You think I can register now and still be able to use the extended warranty???
Old 28-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #8

I just double checked and realized my account setup date is 21.01.2017 .. happen to be just nice 1 year 7 days ago leh.. and I so blur I never register my hardware on PSN. You think I can register now and still be able to use the extended warranty???
For your case I think can because ps4 slim release around oct 2016 did you has the original purchase invoice? If yes you can buy the extended warranty card to extend the warranty for service usually they check your purchase invoice first if no they check your online registration id

Terms & Conditions of 1-Year Extended Warranty Service

Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited (“SIEH”) shall, subject to the Terms and Conditions for Warranty Service, provide warranty to PlayStation®4 andPlayStation®Vita (“the Product”) including original accessories supplied with the Product for any defects in material or workmanship for an extended period of one (1) year from the expiration of the original one (1) year warranty period.

Each Product (i.e. each serial number) is entitled to enjoy extended warranty service once only.

The Extended Warranty is only valid and applicable to official Products which are licensed by SIEH for sale and purchased at the designated retail stores in Hong Kong. Parallel imports are excluded from the Extended Warranty.

The Extended Warranty shall become invalid if serial number has been altered, defaced, tampered with or removed, or if original warranty seal on this product has been broken, tampered with or removed.

The Extended Warranty shall not apply and no repair service shall be provided if the Product, amongst others, is damaged by Act of God, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, wear and tear, unreasonable use, or by other causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship.

For full text of the Terms and Conditions for Warranty Service, please refer to Terms and Conditions for Warranty Service.

The original purchase invoice and 1-year extended warranty service card must be presented when requesting repair service.

Repair service under the Extended Warranty will include the cost of labour, and all replacement parts required for the proper functioning of the Product.

In fulfilling its warranty obligations, SIEH or its repair agent, in its sole discretion, elect either to repair or restore the Product to such original configurations and specifications as designed and manufactured by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. or to replace the Product with a refurbished product which is equivalent in all material respects.

The Terms and Conditions for Extended Warranty Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, whose Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising thereunder.

SIEH reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions for Extended Warranty Service without prior notice.
hellopanda12345 likes this.
Old 28-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #9

Thanks alot jrwong84!! I managed to dig out my purchase invoice.. i will drop by the service centre hopefully in some ways can repair under warranty!! really thank you for your prompt response and advice!!
Old 28-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #10

Thanks alot jrwong84!! I managed to dig out my purchase invoice.. i will drop by the service centre hopefully in some ways can repair under warranty!! really thank you for your prompt response and advice!!
No prob man your warranty claim shouldn't be a problem seen you found your purchase invoice you can call them before u go down

Call Center
For any inquiries include PlayStation® Products, PSN and Warranty services, please contact our Customer Service Hotline.

Customer Service Hotline
Singapore

Tel: 800 8523 663

Operating hours: 10:00 - 19:00; Mon - Sat

Service Center
For repair service, please visit our Service Center with original purchase invoice, product packaging and defective item(s).

Service Center
Singapore

Axis Plus Pte Ltd, 3 Ang Mo Kio Street 62, #03-33, Link@AMK, Singapore 569139.

Operating hours:

Mon-Fri 10:00 – 18:00;

Sat 10:00 – 15:00;

Sun and Public Holidays: Closed
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.