nintendo nx coming 2017 march..

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:o

http://gameaxis.com/news/tech-news/nintendo-confirms-2017-release-nx-console-legend-zelda/

(2) Outlook for fiscal year ending March 31, 2017
For Nintendo 3DS, we will release Pokémon Sun/Pokémon Moon globally in winter of 2016 (holiday 2016 in the U.S. and late 2016 in Europe). These are the latest titles from the Pokémon series, which has sold 200 million units worldwide since the first title from the series released 20 years ago. We will also release a number of titles including Kirby: Planet Robobot and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Strongly anticipated titles from third-party publishers are also scheduled for release. With the release of these titles, we will re-energize the platform and aim to expand our reach globally to a broad audience, including female and younger consumer demographics.

For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.

As for amiibo, we will continue to expand the product lineup in order to maintain momentum. At the same time, we will aim to further expand sales by offering new gaming experiences with the use of amiibo. For our content download business, we will continue to offer appealing additional download content that enhance the characteristics of each game. We believe this will keep games actively played and maintain their popularity. Also, for our smart device business, following Miitomo, we will continuously release new apps in order to expand the revenue base as a business.

mamabakepie

Reaction score
I believe the nx will be more like a platform rather than console like steam..the industry is struggle to produce $400 worth of console to performance ration for this current gen..thts why the rumor of no next ps5 is likely to happen

Akizuki

Reaction score
I did remember they mentioned something about this being a "new concept platform",

I wonder how new its concept can be, something even newer than non conventional controller as in Wii family?
anyway still looking forward to it.

qwertified

Reaction score
Hope it has backwards compatibility, so I can also get it for all those Wii U titles I've always wanted to play..

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
The reason why wii u flop is because of region locked. I hope nx wont repeat the same.

hyperx_76

Reaction score
the reason wii u flopped is cos of the lousy marketing. a lot of ppl thought that its just a gamepad add on to the original wii.

also, the office ladies, aunty, uncle and granny have mobile phone already. so these casuals do not need to buy a console just to play those casual games like wii sports wii fit or wii whatever...

daristan

Master Member
Reaction score
Having a wii u, seldom play after got ps4. Realise the game price is very high and seldom dropped even for older games titles by nintendo. Really not much sale in their u.s. store unlike playstation. And not much preowned copy in market. Let's wait and see.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
EU version of Bayonetta 2 is selling as low as $30 as compared the US version of $79.90. If there is no region locked. Wii u gamers would have many choices for Game deals.

DiscoPiggy

Reaction score
Am a n3DS player, so I'd say I'm curious about the NX. Wish they would announce more details regarding it soon-ish though... so I can decide whether I should start saving up for it. Heh.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
The Wii U failed in so many ways but that region lock is really killer. Even if I'm tempted to get a Wii U now as a secondary console just to play the exclusive games, the region lock is still a deal breaker.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.