Nintendo Switch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamecat

Reaction score
ur estimated date so slow? Mine arriving 4-5th march. always bought stuff from jp amazon only need 1-2 days to arrive.
The amazon order says 5-9 which falls right on the weekend iirc. I thought sg customs will retain and inspect for a few days? I am not familar with amazon.jp shipping.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did the exact opposite, finally cancelled my amazon PO. Lack of games i ok, lack of functions i ok, hardware failure that is a dealbreaker man. How can the joycons drop signal/lag randomly, thats basic functionality. PS3/XB360/PS4/XB1 all dun have such problem. Then i also dunno warranty got cover such problems or not. Sekali dun have.

Liddat force ppl to get pro controller, no thanks they need a much sharper knife to chop my carrot.

maybe you worry too much? most of the review set dont have this issue and only a few report on the de-sync...

sure have way to overcome this..and if it's hardware issue...with local warranty..shd be less to worry..

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
The amazon order says 5-9 which falls right on the weekend iirc. I thought sg customs will retain and inspect for a few days? I am not familar with amazon.jp shipping.

No need mid march lah... think u sit tight and wait 4th can get liao :s13:. worst scenario is 6th Monday.

archkiller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PO from qoo10?...the $100 cart discount is gone :(

Back to chop carrot price for those qoo10 sets without the $100 voucher lol. Those greedy sellers sibei lucky had qoo $100 voucher to made ppl buy their overprice $690 sets.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Back to chop carrot price for those qoo10 sets without the $100 voucher lol. Those greedy sellers sibei lucky had qoo $100 voucher to made ppl buy their overprice $690 sets.

qoo10 charge them 10-12% commission depending on seller ranking. 690 -69 = 631. They are actually selling slightly below retail price of 659.

qwertified

Reaction score
maybe you worry too much? most of the review set dont have this issue and only a few report on the de-sync...

sure have way to overcome this..and if it's hardware issue...with local warranty..shd be less to worry..

Thats the thing, at least need warranty to check. I buy from amazon, no warranty, if kena ho say liao. And i sure as hell not gonna buy local set at that ridiculous price.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

but still better than other game shop PO price at 659...at least now you get 590 or 583...and still get local warranty..

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Thats the thing, at least need warranty to check. I buy from amazon, no warranty, if kena ho say liao. And i sure as hell not gonna buy local set at that ridiculous price.

The hassle of sending back the whole unit to Maxsoft for 1 Joycon. Maxsoft RMA can takes anything up to 10 weeks. If suay kena the Joycon issue, just play handheld mode lor. Later then buy pro controller or newer batch Joycon.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I am taking the risk though, mainly because only US sets are reported to have the problem, european and jpn sets seems ok. Anyway mine is the grey set, worst come worst I get a coloured set of joy con.
Where got such thing as only US sets have the problem. Nowadays all electronics are made in China, same factories, same production process, same parts - it's the same quality for all regions. Unless it happens that in US the particular bluetooth frequency is used by some unique mobile devices or military frequency which interferes with the joycon, the same will happen in every country.

There's no explanation given yet, can't just assume the problem is on the joy con side and can easily replace it with color model. If your phone loses connection to your bluetooth earphone, it could be the earphone having weak bluetooth signal/range but it could also be the phone side having weak signal/range.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Where got such thing as only US sets have the problem. Nowadays all electronics are made in China, same factories, same production process, same parts - it's the same quality for all regions. Unless it happens that in US the particular bluetooth frequency is used by some unique mobile devices or military frequency which interferes with the joycon, the same will happen in every country.

There's no explanation given yet, can't just assume the problem is on the joy con side and can easily replace it with color model. If your phone loses connection to your bluetooth earphone, it could be the earphone having weak bluetooth signal/range but it could also be the phone side having weak signal/range.

Yes, there's a small chance that the main device is faulty. The weird thing is only the left Joycon is having issue. No issue for the right Joycon and Pro controller.

knivore

Reaction score
anyone got lobang for the case & screen protector? Pre-order yesterday from qoo10 also. Cannot resist the temptation.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got lobang for the case & screen protector? Pre-order yesterday from qoo10 also. Cannot resist the temptation.

current lobang is to get from your favourite game shop :p

already order screen protector~ and a case..

Asslann

Reaction score
Yes, there's a small chance that the main device is faulty. The weird thing is only the left Joycon is having issue. No issue for the right Joycon and Pro controller.

Question now is, will Nintendo address this before or after the launch? :s22:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Question now is, will Nintendo address this before or after the launch? :s22:
might not be fixed.

fix = buy pro controller :s13:

once again. they can't jus throw news/send reviewers consoles/lift embargo on Friday and then let everyone speculate over the weekend. the radio silence is causing unrest :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.