PlayStation VR (USD$399 MSRP, available Oct 2016)

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
Need to mention the US$399 is without PS Camera and PS Move controllers, or any games. The price is misleading.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not interested. unless there are 20 games that i like to play are compatible with VR.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much will it cost locally. Considering that the device requires the PS camera and move controllers, I feel it will end up around 800 to 1K. Moreover, if Sony is gonna come up with the rumored PS 4.5, its definitely a very steep price to get aboard the Playstation VR bandwagon.

Anyway, I do agree that there are hardly games/ applications that makes this interesting. Its more of curiosity that is driving people to purchase this.

hyperx_76

Reaction score
Not interested. unless there are 20 games that i like to play are compatible with VR.

wah you only 20 games ah, if me, must at least be 100 games that i like before i buy. :s13:

anyway, i anti 3d vr or whatever gimmicky crap that requires me to wear something over my head. :D

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wah you only 20 games ah, if me, must at least be 100 games that i like before i buy. :s13:

anyway, i anti 3d vr or whatever gimmicky crap that requires me to wear something over my head. :D

for a start 20 is reasonable number.

will you buy Playstation 4.5 ?? :o

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
I'm actually excited to get PS VR, not so much for the VR games, but for the virtual 5 meter screen for the non-VR games. I don't have a big TV, so this would be a major draw for me.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
I'm actually excited to get PS VR, not so much for the VR games, but for the virtual 5 meter screen for the non-VR games. I don't have a big TV, so this would be a major draw for me.

Have you actually tried the VR headset? Don't expect great image quality.

jace88

Reaction score
Have you actually tried the VR headset? Don't expect great image quality.

I've never tried it and I wear glasses normally (not strong - only 1.25 short sighted) but am curious to hear more about your experience.

For me I love having a big TV (and I never bought into 3D since I preferred size over 3D) so I prefer to play there but a VR headset could make it more immersive.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
Even though the screen they use for VR is high resolution, due to how close our eyes are you will still see pixels, and the image is not very sharp, especially parts that are away from the center. From my experience trying out the VR demos, the graphics look more like those arcade games. It is a far cry from normal PS4 graphics on TV.

rosxeal

Reaction score
I think not suitable for play inside HDB spaces, too cramp to enjoy fully. also must wait for good games first.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
PSVR Headset only (SGD599)

PSVR Headset + PS4 Camera (SGD649)

Preorders from 30 July.

https://www.facebook.com/PlayStationAsia/?fref=nf

Well, its very expensive. Must be very careful when making this decision.
Pros:
1. Bragging rights to experience VR at home
2. More games support compared to Hive and Oculus
3. Cheaper than Hive and Oculus

Cons:
1. Might get bored with the release games
2. The VR bundle can easily get a new PS4
3. Opportunity lost in the upcoming brand new PS4 Neo bundle with a better machine and VR.
4. FFXV will prob be fun also without VR. (at least that's the only game I'm most interested in terms of VR launch titles)
5. Judging from my experience with Sony products .... its more advisable to wait out for the 2nd release (prob lower price and more stable)

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
4. FFXV will prob be fun also without VR. (at least that's the only game I'm most interested in terms of VR launch titles)
I don't think there was any details given about FFXV VR right? It could be just a small side story designed specifically for VR, it could be that the whole FFXV game can be played using VR (but at a lower res/fps) while still using standard DS4 for input. Until details are announced, personally I don't count FFXV as a factor.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
VR only works well with First person view..

not a fan of first person view.. so most likely skipping this.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think there was any details given about FFXV VR right? It could be just a small side story designed specifically for VR, it could be that the whole FFXV game can be played using VR (but at a lower res/fps) while still using standard DS4 for input. Until details are announced, personally I don't count FFXV as a factor.

True .. .very true. After all FF XV prides itself on graphics .. why ruin it with a sub par VR.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
The price is absurd. I am sort of a Sony fanboy with PS1, PS2, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, Sony Bravia TV, 2x Sony Xperia smartphones, plus many other stuff like Walkman etc. in the past. I can afford this but doesn't mean I should throw my money away.

Same thing why I didn't get PS3 or buy Apple products.

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sony really wan to suck all the money.

VR cost the same or even more expensive than the console. WTF. Even samsung VR sells cheaper...

added accessories will just push even much higher$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the HTC Vive and Oculus prices (PC only)? And they don't already have accessories for motion sensing, so those new accessories are mandatory purchases (Playstation already has the camera and Move controllers, which many users already own). Not to mention that you probably need to get a completely new PC gig to support it anyway (or get a new graphics card that costs more than the PS4+PSVR).

Samsung VR is comparing apple to oranges, it just mobile phone graphics, and it doesn't actually have its own display - you just stick you phone into the goggle and look at the phone in front of your eyes, that's all. And all you can do is move your head to control the game (cos the phone is already inside the goggle, you can't touch the screen to play games) or buy a bluetooth accessory to play. If want to compare, Samsung VR should be compared to other Android VR like Google's cardboard VR, which can be bought at around US$2 (yes, TWO DOLLARS, or less) for actual 'cardboard' version, or US$15 to $20 for better made full devices.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.