seasonic platinum 860 spoilt

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Banned

seasonic platinum 860 spoilt

hi,

this is the 2nd time this model broke down on me in my brief usage of 1 year. the first time pctheme was nice enough to exchange 1 to 1 with me on a sunday morning as i need a new psu urgently.

today when i failed to boot up my comp, i bought a spare cpu fan and tried the bypass method with a 24 pin connector. just like the other time, it spin up for a split second before shutting down again.

may i know is this a common issue with this model? does the 1000 watts model have this issue? am i able to top up for the 1000watt model if they does not have such issue.
w3ish3ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Hardware Clinic, Storage Clinic

hi,

this is the 2nd time this model broke down on me in my brief usage of 1 year. the first time pctheme was nice enough to exchange 1 to 1 with me on a sunday morning as i need a new psu urgently.

today when i failed to boot up my comp, i bought a spare cpu fan and tried the bypass method with a 24 pin connector. just like the other time, it spin up for a split second before shutting down again.

may i know is this a common issue with this model? does the 1000 watts model have this issue? am i able to top up for the 1000watt model if they does not have such issue.
Hi,

Actually, I am not too sure of your problem description, especially the spare CPU fan and bypass method.

Why not you bring down your PSU and we shall give it a thorough check first?
Bluegrass_Corbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Banned

will do so today
w3ish3ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.