10% Cash Rebate on Grocery and Petrol with BOC UnionPay Credit Cards

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.bankofchina.com/sg/bocinfo/bi2/201507/t20150728_5351136.html

W020150728603304246370.jpg

Promotion Theme

10% Cash Rebate on Grocery and Petrol with BOC UnionPay Cards.

Promotion Period

1 August 2015 to 31 October 2015

Eligibility

Limited to the first 1,000 cardmembers who register via SMS. Valid for both principal and supplementary cardmembers.

Promotion Details

Enjoy 10% cash rebate at Cold Storage, Giant, Jasons The Gourmet Grocer, Market Place, Prime Supermarket, Sheng Shiong and Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC). Simply charge at least $100 qualifying spend* within each calendar month. Get up to a maximum of S$150 cash rebate during the promotion period, and up to 23.5% savings on petrol^!

* Qualifying spend refers to retail purchases at the selected supermarkets and petrol stations, that are posted within the promotion period

Selected supermarkets: Cold Storage, Giant, Jasons The Gourmet Grocer, Market Place, Prime Supermarket and Sheng Shiong

Selected Petrol Station: Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC)

^ 23.5% savings on petrol is calculated based on 10% SPC&U discount and 5% UnionPay discount on gross amount, and then a 10% cash rebate on the net amount

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think registration starts on 1st Aug right?

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am reading the T&Cs.

8. Only Registered Card accounts that are valid (i.e. must not be suspended, cancelled or terminated for any reason), good standing and conducted in a proper and satisfactory manner as determined by BOC in its sole discretion will be eligible for the Cash Rebate under the Promotion. Any Cash Rebate awarded shall be credited to the relevant Registered Card account by 31 December 2015. Any Cash Rebate awarded may be cancelled or recovered in whole or in part by BOC in the event that the relevant transactions are fraudulent, unauthorized, cancelled or reversed.

Have to wait till end of this year for the cash rebates to be credited.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Capped at $50 rebate per months, 3 months total $150 cap, monthly spend have to be between $100 and $500.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
I plan to go grab the $150 cash rebate, anyone successfully used boc Union pay card @cold storage ? I tried at many places but always seems problem or cashier dun know how to process union pay:(

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Yesterday went to cold storage, the cashier dun know how to use Union pay, same as expected:(
Anyone knows which machine should it be inserted? The nets machine or the normal credit card payment machine?
The cashier said the nets machine asked for pin and the normal cc machine says invalid card.
I have encountered many such hassle with union pay, only few cashiers know how to use it without a pin:(

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday went to cold storage, the cashier dun know how to use Union pay, same as expected:(
Anyone knows which machine should it be inserted? The nets machine or the normal credit card payment machine?
The cashier said the nets machine asked for pin and the normal cc machine says invalid card.
I have encountered many such hassle with union pay, only few cashiers know how to use it without a pin:(

maybe coldstorage cannot accept union pay.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
maybe coldstorage cannot accept union pay.

But it has the union pay logo, and the promotion includes cold storage, even the cashier also said: 'sorry dun know whether it's machine problem, will report to vendor.'
It proves again that union pay is the most difficult payment method in Singapore.
Nvm, I will forget about this promo:(

sebastgt

Reaction score
It works on Sheng Siong and Giant. I saw the cashier used the Nets machine eventually after a few trial and errors.

sebastgt

Reaction score

Try Nets machine . No pins required, just need to sign.

zumaba

Reaction score
anyone knows how to pay BOC UnionPay card bill?
can do online like to pay Visa or Mastercard?

sebastgt

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
I remembered last time successful try was without any pin, will go back train the cashiers, lol~:s12:

Yes, tell the cashier to press the cash register button "Nets" instead of "credit card" and then plug the union pay card into the Nets machine as if it is paid by Nets. No pins required. Receipt will be printed out for for signature.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Yes, tell the cashier to press the cash register button "Nets" instead of "credit card" and then plug the union pay card into the Nets machine as if it is paid by Nets. No pins required. Receipt will be printed out for for signature.

Thanks bro~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.