2016 Credit Card Charge and Redeem Promotion

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.sc.com/sg/campaign/gss/

For "Stand to win up to $200 CashBack" is it "From 1 to 30 June 2016, simply charge a minimum $150 in a single eligible transaction to your registered card and receive an SMS to play the game. Limited to two chances per day per customer"?

How come you alreay won?

Or is this for with spend minimum of $5,000, "From 16 May to 15 July 2016, receive one of three attractive gifts"?

Confused. :s11:

He just interpreting from tnc, the game starts 1 jun.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GSS* 2016

Charge your purchases to your CIMB Credit Card during the Great Singapore Sale and stand to win big!

Three Simple Ways to Get Rewarded*

Grand Prize
Volvo V40 (1 lucky winner)

1X chance with every S$30 or more spent in a single transaction locally or overseas.

S$10 Vouchers

1) Spend S$200 or more on your CIMB Credit Card

2) Present your original charge slips (maximum 2 combined per redemption) to the redemption centre to redeem one of 20,000 Vouchers:

The Coffee Bean Card
Dairy Farm Gift Vouchers
Takashimaya Department Store Gift Vouchers

(Limited to 2 redemptions per Cardmember daily, capped at a total of 9 redemptions throughout the Promotion Period)

Le Creuset Marmite Cast Iron Pot (worth S$529)

1) Be the first 50/100/100 respectively to SMS COOKWARE<space>Last 4 digits of Principal CIMB Credit Card number to 72008 during the applicable qualifying periods listed below,

2) Spend a minimum of S$20,000 within the same qualifying period.

http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/en/personal/news-and-promotions/promotions/cards/cimb-gss-2016.html

where is this "redemption centre" at?

EDIT: nvm, found it.

virnattie

Reaction score
Saw this promo at cimb website.
Apply card and spend $5k in 3 months to get all-in return ticket to Gold Coast.
Doesn't seem to have a limit on no. of winners.

this is a sign up promo. not applicable to existing user.

[*Terms and conditions governing the CIMB Credit Card Sign Up - Free Flight to Gold Coast Promotion apply.

1. The Promotion is open to applicants who do not hold any principal CIMB Credit Cards at the start of the Promotion Period. Applicants who had cancelled their CIMB Credit Card within the last 12 months prior to the start of the promotion (i.e. 6 May 2016) are not eligible for this Promotion.
2. The Promotion is only applicable to application done through the following channel:
- CIMB Bank Berhad, Singapore Branch (“CIMB Bank” or the “Bank”)’s website electronic application form;
- CIMB Bank “Let us call you” form; or
- SMS application via keyword: CIMBCC<space>Name to 72008
3. Each eligible Cardmember can only redeem a maximum of one gift.
4. The Return Ticket to Gold Coast is valid for booking within 1 month from the date of the redemption letter, or before 31 January 2017, whichever is earlier, and for travel on the following dates: 2 August to 31 August 2016; 13 September to 16 November 2016; 6 February to 9 March 2017; and 21 March to 25 May 2017.
5. Purchase of the Companion Ticket must be done at MISA Travel Pte Ltd, Blk 531A Upper Cross Street, #03-104 to 107, Hong Lim Complex, Singapore 051531, as stated in the redemption letter. Payment must be made using CIMB Credit Cards.]

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
HSBC charge and redeem promo

2h3nfiu.jpg

lemonf

Reaction score
GSS* 2016

Charge your purchases to your CIMB Credit Card during the Great Singapore Sale and stand to win big!

Three Simple Ways to Get Rewarded*

Grand Prize
Volvo V40 (1 lucky winner)

1X chance with every S$30 or more spent in a single transaction locally or overseas.

S$10 Vouchers

1) Spend S$200 or more on your CIMB Credit Card

2) Present your original charge slips (maximum 2 combined per redemption) to the redemption centre to redeem one of 20,000 Vouchers:

The Coffee Bean Card
Dairy Farm Gift Vouchers
Takashimaya Department Store Gift Vouchers

(Limited to 2 redemptions per Cardmember daily, capped at a total of 9 redemptions throughout the Promotion Period)

Le Creuset Marmite Cast Iron Pot (worth S$529)

1) Be the first 50/100/100 respectively to SMS COOKWARE<space>Last 4 digits of Principal CIMB Credit Card number to 72008 during the applicable qualifying periods listed below,

2) Spend a minimum of S$20,000 within the same qualifying period.

http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/en/personal/news-and-promotions/promotions/cards/cimb-gss-2016.html

:s12: luckily i have not thrown my charge slips...

xrubiksx

Reaction score
dun say i nv share. try shopback, legit and can use on top of my credit card disc (i recommend citibank rewards if u shop - someone now got 20x points for some stores):

GSS promo by shopback quite decent + got lazada sale now: https://www.shopback.sg/great-singapore-sale-gss
1905-GSS-LP.gif

i wanna share my referral code here (haha) but sure kena fm admin so NAH. https://www.shopback.sg/hwz they got $5 just for hwz people like you and me when you sign up kthxbye :s12::s12:

louist

Reaction score
SCB cashback - effectively 1.26% extra?

My maths is a bit rusty, but I believe if you optimise your spend (2x daily $150) it's effectively an expected additional rebate of 1.26%. (Expected gain of $1.89 per transaction, so if $150 per transaction, that's 1.26% cashback)

So if you've some way of controlling your card transactions for stuff you'd intended to spend on anyway, it's not too bad! :)

Rough table of probability below:
yjzgkcN.png

https://www.sc.com/sg/campaign/gss/

Stand to win up to $200 CashBack when you play the Shake the bag on your smartphone.

sg-stand-up.png

Stand to win up to $200 CashBack when you play Shake the Bag Game2 on your smartphone.
How it works:
Step 1: Register below if you have not done so.
Step 2:Charge $150 in eligible spends in a single transaction.
Step 3:An SMS with a URL will be sent to you.
Step 4:Click on URL to play

Please note that there is a processing period of two days for your registrations to take effect successfully.
GSS 2016 Shake The Bag Promotion Terms and Conditions apply.

Last edited:

simonghl

Reaction score
My maths is a bit rusty, but I believe if you optimise your spend (2x daily $150) it's effectively an expected additional rebate of 1.26%. (Expected gain of $1.89 per transaction, so if $150 per transaction, that's 1.26% cashback)

So if you've some way of controlling your card transactions for stuff you'd intended to spend on anyway, it's not too bad! :)

Rough table of probability below:
yjzgkcN.png

I think this shake the bag promotion fully redeemed. I didn't receive the sms for my 2 charge transactions.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.