LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

24" hard case luggage by Citibank

Just saw this on Citibank Singapore FB:

Get this 24" hard case luggage when you:
- Apply for 2 Citibank Credit Cards + 1 Ready Credit, OR
- Apply for 2 Citibank Credit Cards + 1 Savings or Checking Account

Apply at Master Card | Visa Card | Credit Card Application - Citibank Singapore. Now till 28 Feb 2013.

Just to share.
Old 16-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #2

Just saw this on Citibank Singapore FB:

Just to share.
yup, yesterday they called me, offered to send courier to have me to sign for opening a step-up saving a/c to enjoy this promotion (as I applied two citi cards and din know there is such a promotion).

initially agreed but later called back to rejected as I was told I need to maintain a min $5K "relationship amount" with the bank. Don't like a min $5k also don't need the case which I believe just cheap set
zumaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

24" is not those big case right?
Old 16-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #4

Please be careful of this clause.
You might end up having credit cards and that ready credit without a luggage in the end.

I got cheated by their hidden clause as they would require minimum spending before they release the luggage to you.

Also, assuming you are applying for two credit cards with different annual income and in the end only one meet, you will end up with one credit card and no luggage.

Citibank credit card department has lots of hidden clause.
I had not once but twice a bad experience with them, and it sucks.
Godmode likes this.
kendoarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Master Member

Please be careful of this clause.
You might end up having credit cards and that ready credit without a luggage in the end.

I got cheated by their hidden clause as they would require minimum spending before they release the luggage to you.

Also, assuming you are applying for two credit cards with different annual income and in the end only one meet, you will end up with one credit card and no luggage.

Citibank credit card department has lots of hidden clause.
I had not once but twice a bad experience with them, and it sucks.
TnC is available on the website for all to see and minimum spending is clearly stated. I can't see where you have been "cheated".

I guess it pays to always read the TnC before going for the freebies.
anfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #6

TnC is available on the website for all to see and minimum spending is clearly stated. I can't see where you have been "cheated".

I guess it pays to always read the TnC before going for the freebies.
It's their duty to inform us consumers isn't it?

Drawing an analogy, I mean, it's supermarket duty to ensure the food they sold has not past expiry date right? Can't possibly expect me to look at every single food item to check on the expiry date.
kendoarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #7

It's their duty to inform us consumers isn't it?

Drawing an analogy, I mean, it's supermarket duty to ensure the food they sold has not past expiry date right? Can't possibly expect me to look at every single food item to check on the expiry date.
Bro - i think you are drawing different analogy here regarding duty to inform customer. Your analogy is actually that supermarket need to provide assurance that their items are of "saleable" condition.

Actually the T&C thing is more of "buyer beware" situation. Before you are committing any transaction or action , you need to know the condition of goods or its term.

My 2 cents
paurusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #8

yup, yesterday they called me, offered to send courier to have me to sign for opening a step-up saving a/c to enjoy this promotion (as I applied two citi cards and din know there is such a promotion).

initially agreed but later called back to rejected as I was told I need to maintain a min $5K "relationship amount" with the bank. Don't like a min $5k also don't need the case which I believe just cheap set
They told me need to spend $30 on any of those 2 citi credit card and the min 5k is waived till end of june... repeated and stressed to me on a few occasion.
osirisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Master Member

Anyone else received SMS from CitibankSG to collect luggage using the SMS itself (no letter?!?) from The Central #03-28/28A, no shop name nor contact number mentioned in SMS.

Checked The Central's online directory - #03-28/28A not listed. Was thinking of calling first to make sure they have stock.

Anyone already gone down to collect? Is it a proper shop?
kun1he2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #10

how long did u wait to receive the redemption SMS? I had spent more than $100 on each of the 2 cards but no news from them. Got my cards in December.
dexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

I also received the sms to redeem the luggage at The Central by 30 Jan 2013. Took about 4-6 weeks to get this information from them. Anyone has already collected?
marcoyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #12
Master Member

how long did u wait to receive the redemption SMS? I had spent more than $100 on each of the 2 cards but no news from them. Got my cards in December.
I signed up for M1 and Paragon cards plus a savings(?) account to qualify at the recent IT show - no need to spend any money.

I also received the sms to redeem the luggage at The Central by 30 Jan 2013. Took about 4-6 weeks to get this information from them. Anyone has already collected?
Yeap, just redeemed on yesterday.
kun1he2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #13

Same, signed in the last wk of Dec and spent over $100 like u, yet to get any SMS...
1qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

Redeemed yesterday. looks more like a 20" cabin trolley... anyway I do need this size for short trips.
marcoyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Anyone know what is the brand of the luggage?

I already have 20" and 29", need somewhere in between that is good and durable =)
mikezuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.