HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

American Express KrisFlyer Card

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #46

i don't like the way AMEX CSO speaks to me. A bit too .... wayang and trying hard to be over friendly. I just wanted to get the things done and hang up, but they started asking so many random questions, sometimes personal questions.

Wanted to increase my credit limit, then they asked me whether i got promoted, got pay raised, congratulate me, etc etc. zzzz

Another one, wanted to cancel my corporate card, they started asking me whether i found a new job, moving to higher grounds, getting more pay, and congratulate me again. zzzzzzzz

Last edited by dexboi; 07-12-2017 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Another one.
dexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #47

Ever since AMEX restructuring the mileage system... I have cancelled my Amex KF card.

Now thinking to cancel Amex plat too. Almost zero use since april
isnt it at 1.1 miles for $1 spend for krisflyer blue card
ORELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #48
Master Member

i don't like the way AMEX CSO speaks to me. A bit too .... wayang and trying hard to be over friendly. I just wanted to get the things done and hang up, but they started asking so many random questions, sometimes personal questions.

Wanted to increase my credit limit, then they asked me whether i got promoted, got pay raised, congratulate me, etc etc. zzzz

Another one, wanted to cancel my corporate card, they started asking me whether i found a new job, moving to higher grounds, getting more pay, and congratulate me again. zzzzzzzz
Agreed with you, happened to me also, asking lots of unrelated questions and trying to be your friend which I feel wasting time instead of getting issue resolved!
dexboi likes this.
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #49
Supremacy Member

Android Samsung apple pay for uber for 7.1mpd. Not bad while it last. Capped at total $300, till mend of march 2018.
how does this work? :O
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any card that needs to pay annual fee is bad.
If they earns miles like drinking water, I don't mind paying but it is 1.1 miles per dollar spent. For ascend, it is 1.2 miles per dollar spent with a hotel voucher which I think not really useful. Cna get better deals on agoda or Expedia easily.

is this card that bad? just gotten the ascend card... thought it was a good way to use it for my uber and grab for 3.2 miles per $1
Old 07-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #51

True the hotel vouchers r useless n restrictive and now they change to Hilton hotels wef 2018.

For me if I have to use I use for Phuket. Elsewhere like KL/Jakarta not worth to use.

Maybe shld give up on this card soon.

Any card that needs to pay annual fee is bad.
If they earns miles like drinking water, I don't mind paying but it is 1.1 miles per dollar spent. For ascend, it is 1.2 miles per dollar spent with a hotel voucher which I think not really useful. Cna get better deals on agoda or Expedia easily.
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #52

Problem with few Singaporeans, CSO trying to engage with you, say they wayang and over friendly. If they are transactional and not too friendly, service not good. Its somehow tough to strike a balance.

Iíve always loved speaking to AMEX CSOs, warm and very engaging. I appreciate such service, such a rarity these days.
Miragerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #53

how does this work? :O
Using kf card for uber and grab earns you 3.1miles per dollar spent.
New promo for payment made using the 3 PAY method eul earn 4mpd,till 31Mar2017 capped at total $300. . Been using it for 1 month and had spent $100. Still got $200 left before this promo ends and back to 3.1mpd. Miles transferred to KF at end of month.
I only use uber cause grab got no PAY method.

Edit: forgot about this. Registration required.
https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com/enroll/EnrollmentSitePage?offer=6903629Bonus4milesS1onmobilewallet

Last edited by Tyrhung; 07-12-2017 at 01:42 PM..
Tyrhung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #54
Master Member

Problem with few Singaporeans, CSO trying to engage with you, say they wayang and over friendly. If they are transactional and not too friendly, service not good. Its somehow tough to strike a balance.

Iíve always loved speaking to AMEX CSOs, warm and very engaging. I appreciate such service, such a rarity these days.
It is good you liked their "warm and very engaging" service.

But is CS asking too many "friendly" questions necessary? Not to me.

I would rather the call is quick and swift.
dexboi likes this.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #55

I’m with u. Amex CS wasting time and get nothing done. Now I stop being patient w them.

It is good you liked their "warm and very engaging" service.

But is CS asking too many "friendly" questions necessary? Not to me.

I would rather the call is quick and swift.
dexboi likes this.
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #56
Supremacy Member

hmm anyone knows if this promo only applies to first-time Grab user?
or first payment paid using AMEX?
http://promotions.americanexpress.co...rab-promotion/
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #57
Master Member

Citi PM, dbs Altitude and hsbc revo cards
Any of these cards can transfer miles to KF every month free like AMEX KF card?
Old 18-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #58

Any of these cards can transfer miles to KF every month free like AMEX KF card?
None of the above.
Tyrhung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #59

I just had my card cancelled as I refused to pay 50% annual fee and refused to take up the offer to have it waived fully by having any recurrent bills (Starhub, M1, True Yoga and 1 -2 more merchants) paid through the card.

The CSO claimed that unlike banks that have other revenue generating means, AMEX collects annual fee to maintain the service standard that it offers.

Now it is time for me to look for an alternative card to pay for GRAB rides.
bluetwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 PM   #60

The CSO claimed that unlike banks that have other revenue generating means, AMEX collects annual fee to maintain the service standard that it offers.
Nice try Amex. I will not be hoodwinked
starbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.