The American Express Platinum Credit Card

ambasnakeman

Reaction score
i am a ardent amex user. but recently, realised that for the way, i spend, amex isnt the best way to save for miles. i feel that their direct rivals are UOB cards.

will only use it for SPC outlets and 10X outlets from now on.

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am a ardent amex user. but recently, realised that for the way, i spend, amex isnt the best way to save for miles. i feel that their direct rivals are UOB cards.

will only use it for SPC outlets and 10X outlets from now on.

to me...the only catch is the palate membership for now....
not really much perks leh

another good point is can get 16% off at SPC but everyday card is slight better 15% off + 5% rebate.....

not forgetting their customer service was darn good compared to other banks

enrieco

Reaction score
Called in to apply for this card and asked for fee waiver (I told them no need for the coffee machine), but CSO said no :o

Possibly not talking to the 'right' CSO? Anyone can share? :s13:

Last edited:

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called in to apply for this card and asked for fee waiver (I told them no need for the coffee machine), but CSO said no :o

Possibly not talking to the 'right' CSO? Anyone can share? :s13:

i m opposite...told them i want to pay annual fee to get the coffee machine and the luggage (spending more than 7.5k?)...few CSO called and say will help... end up all went dead:eek:

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i m opposite...told them i want to pay annual fee to get the coffee machine and the luggage (spending more than 7.5k?)...few CSO called and say will help... end up all went dead:eek:

what coffee machine is that?

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
what coffee machine is that?

This is the current welcome gift when you sign up for AMEX Platinum Card and pay the annual fee:

- NEW NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO® Melody multi-beverage system worth S$344

The NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO® Melody Automatic multi-beverage system bundle consists of 1 Red or Titanium NESCAFÉ® DOLCE GUSTO® Melody Automatic multi-beverage system, 2 Latte Glasses & 1 Capsule Holder.

The Platinum Credit Card | American Express Singapore

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys is the free entry to Butter + sign in 2 (?) guests perk still available ?

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone paid their bills via DBS ibanking?
i did mine 2days ago, it's deducted from my bank acct already, but it's not reflected in my Amex A/c Summary...
Is it normal to wait for more than 2 days ( 3 days after tonight). Considering that it's labor day ytd.

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i did mine 2days ago, it's deducted from my bank acct already, but it's not reflected in my Amex A/c Summary...
Is it normal to wait for more than 2 days ( 3 days after tonight). Considering that it's labor day ytd.

yes i did a payment to amex by dbs ibanking
normally it would take about 2-3 days excluding PH and weekends

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually 48 hours working days. You will see the same pattern if you pay on a Friday too (non-PH day)

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Only 1 working day? Its normally to wait for 2-3 working days, if by next tues still haven't see then maybe can got issue else just wait.

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oooh ok...Thanks...cause i'm afraid of getting the late charges...wasn't free for the past few days and the last time i made a last min payment on a midnight, it's cleared the following days.
So, i'm thinking why the delay this time round...:(:(
Anyway, it's cleared, so, no big deal this time round...:s13::s13::s13:

Buburing

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just recently applied to this card and the Amex team said that I will be receiving the card within this week.

Just want to check with you, has anyone recently applied to this card and redeemed the NESCAFE DOLCE GUSTO coffee maker, and also successfully hit the 7.5k to receive their TUMI Vapor cabin size luggage? How soon do we receive these gifts once hitting the target.

Alternatively, is it possible to ask for fee waiver and forfeit the coffee maker as a welcome gift, but charge 7.5k to get the travel luggage?

In addition, how good is the palate treat and the 10X Rewards to accumulate for mileage? According to them, $3400 is equivalent to 21250 Amex points, which translates to a round trip to Bali.

Any feedback are welcome.

Thanks!

fate041889

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just recently applied to this card and the Amex team said that I will be receiving the card within this week.

Just want to check with you, has anyone recently applied to this card and redeemed the NESCAFE DOLCE GUSTO coffee maker, and also successfully hit the 7.5k to receive their TUMI Vapor cabin size luggage? How soon do we receive these gifts once hitting the target.

Alternatively, is it possible to ask for fee waiver and forfeit the coffee maker as a welcome gift, but charge 7.5k to get the travel luggage?

In addition, how good is the palate treat and the 10X Rewards to accumulate for mileage? According to them, $3400 is equivalent to 21250 Amex points, which translates to a round trip to Bali.

Any feedback are welcome.

Thanks!

Nescafe is once you paid the annual fee, they will send to you and ask you to collect at suntec city, for tumi vapor, no news yet alr spend more than 10k but they didnt offered me, maybe due to upgrading of card. For amex point only certain places gt 10x rewards. Example my case if i spend $3400 in tung lok which is in 10x reward programmes then u will get awarded with 21250 pts.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.