American Express True Cash Back Card

bicycleming

Reaction score
is there any term and condition for the 3% cashback? I only spend it on grab top up only, is there a need to use for other transaction or minimum spend for the 3% rebates?

Trent_83

Reaction score
Anyone knows if there is a list of shops that accepts Amex?

Googled but seems like not able to find...

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if there is a list of shops that accepts Amex?

Googled but seems like not able to find...

there's not exactly a list but a map, originally meant to search for "Shop Small" campaign merchants so u may unfilter Shop Small altho it doesn't really shows more shops. may or may not be helpful as i'm quite sure there's more AMEX merchants than what is displayed on the map.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-...Small,Sort-By-Distance&cl=1.352083,103.819836

Natediazzz

Reaction score
Hi all Amex just approved my application for the card. Do you still get the cashback and sign-up rewards if you top up your Grab wallet? Anyway, if that still works, do people usually top up their Grab wallet and withdrawing the money just to get the freebies and cashback? I'm new to the game.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all Amex just approved my application for the card. Do you still get the cashback and sign-up rewards if you top up your Grab wallet? Anyway, if that still works, do people usually top up their Grab wallet and withdrawing the money just to get the freebies and cashback? I'm new to the game.
You can go read the TnC of the sign up promo to see if MCC6540 of Grab topup is excluded. Grab topup using credit card cannot be withdrawn.

Imhthc

Reaction score
Yes. Cashback is awarded for grab top up. I m using this card to top up my grab.
u can’t withdraw money from grab for the amount top up via cc.

Natediazzz

Reaction score
Yes. Cashback is awarded for grab top up. I m using this card to top up my grab.
u can’t withdraw money from grab for the amount top up via cc.
Is there any workaround or trick to withdraw the money from grab? Maybe top up an e wallet using grab, maybe? Do you have any idea?

TiedInsurer

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any workaround or trick to withdraw the money from grab? Maybe top up an e wallet using grab, maybe? Do you have any idea?
Does anyone know of an infinite money glitch in the system, and is willing to share it in a public forum so everyone knows about it and the banks will quickly patch it? No, i'm afraid not.

Imhthc

Reaction score
Grab has already rectified the issue. You can withdraw money from those u used a bank acct to top up. Top up using cc confirmed not possible to withdraw.
Nowadays, grabpay QR code is accepted even at Coffeeshop. If u have grabpay card, u can use it too. 6 Grab points are awarded for each $1 spent via grabpay

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Guys I applied the true cash back card. In order to get $160 signup gift. Need speed $500. Does topup to grabpay entitled to qualified the signup promo. Intend to use to buy new tryees for my car not sure the shop accept Amex.
If Amex not accepted I am thinking to topup grabpay wallet then use my grabpay MasterCard physical to pay at the shop.
Will this work?

have check singsaver promo which states qualified speed must refer to Amex exclusions list.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I applied the true cash back card. In order to get $160 signup gift. Need speed $500. Does topup to grabpay entitled to qualified the signup promo. Intend to use to buy new tryees for my car not sure the shop accept Amex.
If Amex not accepted I am thinking to topup grabpay wallet then use my grabpay MasterCard physical to pay at the shop.
Will this work?

have check singsaver promo which states qualified speed must refer to Amex exclusions list.
Yes, grab topup should work

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.