Any World Elite MasterCard with no annual fees?

aster1

Reaction score
This whole silver/copper/gold/platinum/thislevel/thatlevel/megalevel/topoftheworldlevel nonsense is useless.

The best cards are the ones that stay "below the radar" and are discussed on forums like this one.

beri stupid idiot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This whole silver/copper/gold/platinum/thislevel/thatlevel/megalevel/topoftheworldlevel nonsense is useless.

The best cards are the ones that stay "below the radar" and are discussed on forums like this one.

*below the radar* sounds legit hehehehe ...

rotiboyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so all are not the real elite card except citibank ?

citi ultima is what kind of atas class ?

vs centurion black ?

dc10000

Reaction score
so all are not the real elite card except citibank ?

citi ultima is what kind of atas class ?

vs centurion black ?

i think centurion is the ultimate card man! that one is power...

come to tink of it, the amex cards look interesting... but need to find a good use for the cards.

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whenever i take this out to swipe I would see an awe expression as in the sales people could feel the power within this card. The funny thing is that I don't feel anything so am I missing something too?

You are deluded... What 'power within the card'? Super saiyan?

Only way you can awe the salesperson is to buy more (so they earn more commission), and you can achieve this even with a debit card with high limits.

ilovecheese

Reaction score

Only way you can awe the salesperson is to buy more (so they earn more commission), and you can achieve this even with a debit card with high limits.

if and only if one day i hold the Black Card, will merchants say how cum ur card is metal, and dont accept amex here ... faintz maxx

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
if and only if one day i hold the Black Card, will merchants say how cum ur card is metal, and dont accept amex here ... faintz maxx

Yeah, imagine that. The ability to hold a Centurion Amex but the merchant doesn't accept Amex. Super fail. :s13:

zirhk3355

Reaction score
I know a friend who is doing the metal card for UOB. She told me it comes with a plastic card because so often the customers get fed up when the card got stuck in ATMs or cannot be swiped.

So much for atas-ness...

There are always atas cards by local banks and they kept it really confidential, akin the Citi ultima, and needs $500k annual income to qualify.

Beyond this level, I think Citi Prestige is still the best...

aster1

Reaction score
Yeah, imagine that. The ability to hold a Centurion Amex but the merchant doesn't accept Amex. Super fail. :s13:

Was just thinking the same, haha. :)

The face of a Centurion card holder when receiving a blank stare from the cashier and then hearing the words, "Sorry, no Amex." Priceless. For everything else in life, there is Mastercard... :d

rotiboyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know a friend who is doing the metal card for UOB. She told me it comes with a plastic card because so often the customers get fed up when the card got stuck in ATMs or cannot be swiped.

So much for atas-ness...

There are always atas cards by local banks and they kept it really confidential, akin the Citi ultima, and needs $500k annual income to qualify.

Beyond this level, I think Citi Prestige is still the best...

one day i go apply to be ministar take plane swipe centurion, ask perm sec to claim for me ...

wishing nia one day one day

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, the ultra rich do not shop at places that we commoners shop. And all the branded places confirm will accept all types of CC be it Visa, MC, Diners, Amex, JCB or Union Pay. If I am wealthy enough to be invited to hold a Centurion, encountering a merchant that does not accept Amex is the least of my concerns. :s13:

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the ultra rich do eat at hawker centers.

The uncle sitting in the coffee shop drinking coffee or beer all day wearing a singlet and shorts could be a billionaire. :s8:

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the ultra rich do eat at hawker centers.

The uncle sitting in the coffee shop drinking coffee or beer all day wearing a singlet and shorts could be a billionaire. :s8:
Hawker centres don't accept credit cards anyways. :s13:

zirhk3355

Reaction score
Was just thinking the same, haha. :)

The face of a Centurion card holder when receiving a blank stare from the cashier and then hearing the words, "Sorry, no Amex." Priceless. For everything else in life, there is Mastercard... :d

Yes that is really a "kwa-kwa-kwa" moment, black crows flying across.

one day i go apply to be ministar take plane swipe centurion, ask perm sec to claim for me ...

wishing nia one day one day

Hello, perm sec is not really a secretary or personal assistant, mind you...its a senior post and usually the second man to the minister.

For ultra-rich and senior govt officials and celebrities, I think they don't need such cards to get benefits, they use cash also will still get better treatment than us. They will have their miles and points compiled/redeemed by their PAs - just show face only, no need to show cards.

Cards with recognition/privileges are for people who are not actually publicly "recognized" to receive them...

Reaction score

I'm confused....maybe that's why....the sales people know I will spend a lot with it. However I don't think those sale people I met get commission leh....really those who swiped my card don't get commission.

zirhk3355

Reaction score
I'm confused....maybe that's why....the sales people know I will spend a lot with it. However I don't think those sale people I met get commission leh....really those who swiped my card don't get commission.

How does the salesperson know you have the card? Do you wear the card on a lanyard across your chest? By the time you show the card you already decided how much sales s/he will make, and at that time s/he will just be focused on making sure the money swipes correctly, agreements are signed and lock you in - the type of card you use will be the last thing on his/her mind. I had done cashier and also sales jobs where I handled cards; the only thing I am looking for when I scrutinize a card is to make sure it can be swiped, not caring what kind of card it is.

On commission I think he meant the actual sales itself, which gives the commission. That means someone paying with POSB debit card making a big sales (hence big comm) vs you paying with an atas card for a small sales (hence small comm), only the former get the salesperson to treat them better, not you with an atas card!!

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its all about training. Chances are the cashier at smaller merchants wouldn't know the diff between MasterCard, World MasterCard and Elite World MasterCard. Likewise for Visa Signature and Visa Infinite. Not that they care anyway. :s13:

I was working in a hotel MANY years ago and we were actually told the difference. I guess in those days Elite World MasterCard was not in the market yet as we were only told about Visa Infinite and Amex Centurion (in those days called Black Centurion for obvious reasons). In fact I even swiped a Black Centurion before. A bit difficult as its thicker than normal plastic cards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.