ANZ becomes DBS - post updates here

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS does not know anything about your ANZ profile at the moment, as the transfer has not taken place. Since you mentioned you applied on 20 May, there's a good chance that your application timed out as MAS policy requires all applications to be cancelled after 30 days (source from UOB, HSBC and Citi). Ring them up to find out the status.
I just called up the bank, they said the application has been declined. Reason not given. I am suspecting may be because I had already used their benefits and cancelled their cards twice in the past.

I will just wait for the POSB Everyday card that comes over my ANZ optimum.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Spk307

Reaction score
Confirmed by CSO points will be transferred to DBS on August 5th. A letter will be sent about one month before transfer.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirmed by CSO points will be transferred to DBS on August 5th. A letter will be sent about one month before transfer.

you mean the miles point? ANZ travel miles will go into which card? Altitude miles or dbs points pool?

chongpang

Reaction score
I used Optimum cc for 5% dining, when it change to Everyday cc, i cant claim 9% dining coz unable to clock minimum $600, which cc are you ppl switching to? :s11:

FuzzyMuzzy

Reaction score

liemsc

Reaction score
I'm using my ANZ Optimum mainly for the 5% grocery rebate now. Which other card would be a good replacement for it (for grocery purpose)?
I'm mostly shopping at Fair price, and already have U-Plus card for the NTUC rebate.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using my ANZ Optimum mainly for the 5% grocery rebate now. Which other card would be a good replacement for it (for grocery purpose)?
I'm mostly shopping at Fair price, and already have U-Plus card for the NTUC rebate.

1) Use paywave on DBS Visa Debit card for 5%. Limit on cash withdrawal though.

2) maybank family and friends 5%/8% min $500/$1000 per month.

3) Citi SMRT 2.7%/3%/4.7%/5%/7%/7.3%

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember many years ago when UOB took over OUB , you need to settle all the outstanding in your credit card bill (inclusive of any balance transfer or credit loan or instalment plans etc) and overdraft line bill , if you already has the CashLine overdraft with DBS/POSB.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My usage is kind of similar like urs. However, I am using anz for dining only for 5%. all other general spending, i use hsbc visa platinum. like u, i spend a lot from ntuc fairprice, almost exclusively. for hsbc visa platinum glocery rebate is 3% if ur monthly minimum spend is $400 for all 3 months, 5% if monthly minimum spend is $800 for all 3 months.

liemsc

Reaction score
My usage is kind of similar like urs. However, I am using anz for dining only for 5%. all other general spending, i use hsbc visa platinum. like u, i spend a lot from ntuc fairprice, almost exclusively. for hsbc visa platinum glocery rebate is 3% if ur monthly minimum spend is $400 for all 3 months, 5% if monthly minimum spend is $800 for all 3 months.

HSBC Platinum Visa does seem like a good option for me. Currently they have the sign-up promotion of $160 cash rebate, which can cover whatever %rebate gap vs ANZ Optimum for quite many months :)

Reaction score
If you're able to spend >$500 a month in the following three categories, then BOC Family Card is a good replacement: Groceries (5%), Online (5%), Dining (7%). That's $500 in 3 categories combined, not individually.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.