ANZ Travel Visa Signature

dahnoob

Reaction score
Actually what is in ANZ direction ? They still charge me annual fee for my ANZ Travel Card just now, i thought they gonna close and move all operation to DBS (from the way they transfer the Travel$)

There's no benefit of paying the AF anymore, just request for a waiver asap.

So they gonna transfer the miles, but how about the transactions? Is that mean it will be posted to my DBS altitude instead?

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

If you have an existing Altitude, they will be merged when the transfer is complete. If you do not hold it currently, one will be issued to you.

laurent_rio

Reaction score
There's no benefit of paying the AF anymore, just request for a waiver asap.

If you have an existing Altitude, they will be merged when the transfer is complete. If you do not hold it currently, one will be issued to you.

just have call with CSO,

he process waive my AF directly, and he said that new card from DBS will be given on June for ANZ Travel Signature card holder and he said it is new product from DBS (is it not DBS Altitude ??? ) , and the travel$ will be transferred to that new DBS card...

hmmm...it seems different CSO,different understanding

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here converts points to cash rebate instead of miles? ANZ Travel was quite ok giving equivalent of 1% rebate but now with the card going, what is a good alternative? Citi Premier Miles seems quite ok though some have said DBS Altitude is better?

I cancelled UOB One cos u need quarterly spend & my spending is not uniform so i lose out. Some months i spend only $400, some months over $1000. Hence cards that award based on quarterly spend like UOB One & Maybank Platinum arent great for me.

SC Cashback doesnt count recurring payment so that sucks while Amex cashback is ok but many places dont accept amex.

Last edited:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here converts points to cash rebate instead of miles? ANZ Travel was quite ok giving equivalent of 1% rebate but now with the card going, what is a good alternative? Citi Premier Miles seems quite ok though some have said DBS Altitude is better?

I cancelled UOB One cos u need quarterly spend & my spending is not uniform so i lose out. Some months i spend only $400, some months over $1000. Hence cards that award based on quarterly spend like UOB One & Maybank Platinum arent great for me.

SC Cashback doesnt count recurring payment so that sucks while Amex cashback is ok but many places dont accept amex.
I choose horses for courses approach. Just like you I don't like minimum spend. For dining so far I was using anz optimum for groceries and atu citi smrt. Then I always apply for new cards and use them for the sign promo and close them and then reopen after 1 year.

Cimb platinum MasterCard is pretty good for travel and health, I use it as well.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I cancelled UOB One cos u need quarterly spend & my spending is not uniform so i lose out. Some months i spend only $400, some months over $1000. Hence cards that award based on quarterly spend luke UOB One & Maybank Horizon aren't great for me.

Since you going for rebate, suggest you use rebate cards instead. Eg you get 1.5% from scb unlimited with no minimum spending.

You can also consider citi smrt for some categories of spending eg up to 5% for fastfood, movie, groceries, recurring town council bill, popular, toy r us, up to 3% for online, up to 2% for ez-reload. Only 0.3% less if dun meet $300 min spend.

zack14

Master Member
Reaction score

dbs altitude is better imo

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you going for rebate, suggest you use rebate cards instead. Eg you get 1.5% from scb unlimited with no minimum spending.

You can also consider citi smrt for some categories of spending eg up to 5% for fastfood, movie, groceries, recurring town council bill, popular, toy r us, up to 3% for online, up to 2% for ez-reload. Only 0.3% less if dun meet $300 min spend.
Did consider SC cashback but T&C says recurring payment not included which is bad news for me cos the bulk of my monthly expenses is recurring bills.

Most cards have a minimum spend which is not much for me if its just one card. But problem is once i split my expenses over several cards then i will have issues meeting the min spend.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dbs altitude is better imo
Both Altitude & Citi PM are $1 spent = 1.2 miles for local spend.

Both u get 10000 miles when u pay annual fee. For Altitude u get annual fee waived if u spend $25k annually but i confirm cant hit so its useless for me.

Citi PM u get $10 cash back for every 1400 miles. Altitude the website doesnt say. So unless i need less miles to redeem for the same $, how is Altitude card better? Seems almost the same leh.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did consider SC cashback but T&C says recurring payment not included which is bad news for me cos the bulk of my monthly expenses is recurring bills.

Most cards have a minimum spend which is not much for me if its just one card. But problem is once i split my expenses over several cards then i will have issues meeting the min spend.

What kind of recurring payment you referrimg to? What's excluded is "recurring payments or payments made to all billing organisations using Standard Chartered Online Banking", note the key word using online banking.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of recurring payment you referrimg to? What's excluded is "recurring payments or payments made to all billing organisations using Standard Chartered Online Banking", note the key word using online banking.
So does "using online banking" also refer to recurring payment? I took it as separate as in (1) no recurring payment and (2) no payment via online banking.

Also i notice it lists certain companies like starhub & m1 only. So if im using singtel & viewqwest, if i charge recurring payment it doesnt get any cashback? 😵

Last edited:

johanyu

Reaction score

recurring payments can be insurance premium

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So does "using online banking" also refer to recurring payment? I took it as separate as in (1) no recurring payment and (2) no payment via online banking.

Also i notice it lists certain companies like starhub & m1 only. So if im using singtel & viewqwest, if i charge recurring payment it doesnt get any cashback? 😵

Recurring payment that is not via std chart online banking and not in exclusion list should have rebate.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recurring payment that is not via std chart online banking and not in exclusion list should have rebate.
I just found it odd that singtel was not included in their form. I can understand if its a smaller ISP like Viewqwest or My Republic but Singtel? 😵

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.