Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro...
If within a calendar quarter, only 2 billing cycle meet the $200 min spend on other spend, can we still get 2% for the 2 billing cycle or get 0 like uob one?

Get 2% for 2 billing cycle. Different from uob one.

AH CHIA

Reaction score
If my statement is on the 9th of every month, does it means my sup rebate quarter is 9 Jan, 9 Feb & 9 Mar? And the sup rebate will come in sometime within the Apr billing cycle to the card?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If my statement is on the 9th of every month, does it means my sup rebate quarter is 9 Jan, 9 Feb & 9 Mar? And the sup rebate will come in sometime within the Apr billing cycle to the card?

You will get the additional 2% for 9jan, 9feb, 9mar statements by 30 Apr

AH CHIA

Reaction score
You will get the additional 2% for 9jan, 9feb, 9mar statements by 30 Apr

Thanks man. Surprisingly, I did not get anything in Jan month despite spending 200+ at Metro with sup card in Dec month statement.

Usually does the sup rebate comes in as an additional liner in the statement?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Surprisingly, I did not get anything in Jan month despite spending 200+ at Metro with sup card in Dec month statement.

Usually does the sup rebate comes in as an additional liner in the statement?

Maybe the metro transaction posted in 9Jan statement?

Additional liner in statement.

AH CHIA

Reaction score
Maybe the metro transaction posted in 9Jan statement?

Additional liner in statement.

Hmmm, I'll run a check again later. Thanks for the info.

Edit: you are right, it's in the 09 Jan statement.

Last edited:

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Get 2% for 2 billing cycle. Different from uob one.

Thanks bro...a bit confused on their sup 2% t&c, is the min $200 other spend aggregate by quarter or by each billing cycle?

T&C:
"minimum aggregate amount of S$200 is charged to such Supplementary Card(s) for each billing cycle in a calendar quarter"

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro...a bit confused on their sup 2% t&c, is the min $200 other spend aggregate by quarter or by each billing cycle?

T&C:
"minimum aggregate amount of S$200 is charged to such Supplementary Card(s) for each billing cycle in a calendar quarter"

Min $200 on others on supp card (s) each billing cycle. The additional 2% awarded in calendar month after the calendar quarter.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also, can i check if apply through the bank branch, do i need to submit IRAS or what ? do BOC can access my CPF account ?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also, can i check if apply through the bank branch, do i need to submit IRAS or what ? do BOC can access my CPF account ?

If apply through bank branch, you can bring a copy of the income document or they will require you to access your cpf or iras on the spot and print the document out. The income document is:

Salaried Employee - Latest computerised payslip OR CPF Statement for the last 6 months OR latest
Income Tax Assessment (with latest computerised payslip or CPF Statement for the last 6 months)
Self Employed - Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 2 years.
Commission-based Earner - CPF Statement for the last 6 months OR Income Tax Notice of Assessment
for the last 2 years OR commission statement from company for the last 6 months

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks cosi going TBP to apply and if they have means for me to print out, i dun need to print out le...
i going healthsceening next week so wana get it over and done with

If apply through bank branch, you can bring a copy of the income document or they will require you to access your cpf or iras on the spot and print the document out. The income document is:

Salaried Employee - Latest computerised payslip OR CPF Statement for the last 6 months OR latest
Income Tax Assessment (with latest computerised payslip or CPF Statement for the last 6 months)
Self Employed - Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 2 years.
Commission-based Earner - CPF Statement for the last 6 months OR Income Tax Notice of Assessment
for the last 2 years OR commission statement from company for the last 6 months

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Min $200 on others on supp card (s) each billing cycle. The additional 2% awarded in calendar month after the calendar quarter.

Thanks...So the 2% need min $200 spend on other category in that billing cycle, and rebate will be in after that calendar quarter.
If 1 of the billing cycles met the above condition but the other 2 cycles do not meet, we can still get 2% for that 1 billing cycle. Is my understanding correct?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks...So the 2% need min $200 spend on other category in that billing cycle, and rebate will be in after that calendar quarter.
If 1 of the billing cycles met the above condition but the other 2 cycles do not meet, we can still get 2% for that 1 billing cycle. Is my understanding correct?

Yes correct

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Yes correct

Thanks for confirming this, imo their rebate mechanism is the most complicated to reconcile among all banks(sup rebate by quarter by 'other' category, spend bonus interest posted by calendar, family rebate by billing cycle...lol), this is the only bank that I have to use excel to tally all my cashback, but can't complain much for the 100 family rebate and 170+ interest.

seewhyy

Reaction score
Hi, I have some overseas online shopping transaction in my credit card statement without the word 'consumption'. However, my other transaction with Qoo10 has it.

Can i assume that those without the 'consumption' word will be classified as 'others'?

Thanks in advance!

ice_angel

Reaction score
Can I check if my statement date is 23rd of the month, my online transaction (which were posted in the last month's bill) 4.5% rebate, when will I see it? On 24th of last month I can see the normal rebate + the 0.5% rebate for the online transaction.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Can I check if my statement date is 23rd of the month, my online transaction (which were posted in the last month's bill) 4.5% rebate, when will I see it? On 24th of last month I can see the normal rebate + the 0.5% rebate for the online transaction.

Latest by this mth.

tinky123

Reaction score
Applied my card 1 month ago and still no news. Called in and was told my application was never received. Wtf

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.