HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

Like Tree495Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #16

I got this SMS yesterday. Surprised nobody shared yet.

BOC Family Card: With effect from 17 Apr 2016, enjoy 7% for Dining locally and overseas, 5% for spend at Supermarkets, Hospitals and Selected Merchants, 1% for Telco bills and purchases and additional 2% for Supplementary Card spend on all other purchases. Details at bit.ly/1QKHPGu or call 1800 338 5335.

Copied from the link:
With effect from 17 April 2016, the amount of cash rebates you earn on your BOC Family Card will be revised. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions Governing BOC Family Credit Card Cash Rebate Programme.

The new BOC Family Card will be available from 1 May 2016. You have the option to upgrade to the new BOC Family Card that comes with the NETS FlashPay facility at a small fee. What’s more, tap and go on Bus/Taxi/MRT/ERP/EPS (CEPAS-compliant) carpark exits with your registered NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up on BOC Family Card to earn more cash rebate. For more details or to upgrade, please call our customer service hotline at 1800 338 5335.

The BOC Family Credit Card Cash Rebate Programme (this “Programme”) is valid for BOC Family Credit Card Cardmembers (“Cardmembers”) for transactions made with BOC Family Credit Card (“Card”).

1. Cash Rebate

(a) Base Cash Rebate

0.5% cash rebate (“Base Cash Rebate”) will be awarded on all retail transactions if Cardmember charges a spend of less than S$500 to his/her Card account for each billing cycle.

(b) Family Cash Rebate

If Cardmember charges a minimum spend of S$500 to his/her Card, Cardmember will be awarded additional cash rebate (“Family Cash Rebate”) on the following spend categories:

(i) 7% cash rebate on Dining

“Dining” means all Singapore and Overseas transactions made at all restaurants, cafes and fast food restaurants with the assigned Merchant Category Code (MCC) 5812 - Eating Places and Restaurants and MCC 5814 - Fast Food Restaurants excluding all food and beverage spend within hotels and wedding banquet held in hotels;

(ii) 5% cash rebate on Supermarkets

“Supermarkets” means transactions made at all major supermarkets and/or hypermarket stores in Singapore with the assigned MCC 5411 – Grocery Stores and Supermarkets;

(iii) 5% cash rebate on Hospital bills

“Hospital bills” means on-site transactions made at hospitals in Singapore with the assigned MCC 8062 -Hospitals;

(iv) 5% cash rebate on NETS FlashPay Auto Top-up (“ATU”)

ATU transactions are automatic top ups on the NETS FlashPay facility charged to a Card. The 5% cash rebate for ATU transactions is awarded for up to four top ups per Card account, per billing cycle;

(v) 5% cash rebate on Selected Merchants

“Selected Merchants” means transactions made at Best Denki, BIG BOX with the assigned MCC 5411 - Grocery Stores and Supermarkets, MCC 5712 - Furniture, Home Furnishings, and Equipment Stores, MCC 5732 - Electronics Stores and MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies, POPULAR Bookstore, Toys ‘R’ Us, Unity Pharmacy and Watsons in Singapore (except for retail stores in school, roadshow, expo and events); and

(vi) 1% cash rebate on Telecommunication bills and purchases

“Telecommunication bills and purchases”means any payment made to the three major telecommunication companies in Singapore.

(vii) 0.5% cash rebate on all other retail purchases

Total Family Cash Rebate is capped at S$100 per Card account for each billing cycle.

(c) Additional Cash Rebate

Principal Cardmember who qualifies for Family Cash Rebate will be awarded a 2% cash rebate (“Additional Cash Rebate”) for all spend (excluding spend categories on Dining, Supermarkets, Hospital bills, NETS FlashPay ATU, Selected Merchants and Telecommunication bills and purchases that earn Family Cash Rebate) charged to his/her Supplementary Card(s) if a minimum aggregate amount of S$200 is charged to such Supplementary Card(s) for each billing cycle in a calendar quarter (as set out below) (“Calendar Quarter”).

Total Additional Cash Rebate is capped at S$20 per Principal Cardmember’s Card account (“Account”) for each billing cycle in each Calendar Quarter.
oceanicmanta likes this.
clamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #17

Already started discussing and sharing in the BOC Shop card thread.
Old 16-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #18

I got the this card when i applied shop card.
i never activate this card. actually i can't find it anymore
TribleBoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wondering how much is the fee to change to the new card with nets FP function.
naro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

So i am thinking, to apply fornshop card on may, so i cam get the new fp function. Or just apply now n pay abiy for the new fp.

Any one know how much to pay for the new FP?
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #21

Wondering how much is the fee to change to the new card with nets FP function.
I called ler. Its $20. No need to waste money to change to the atu one. There are better rebates out there for ATU. Just use this for the 7.5% dinning rebate.
SCG8866T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #22

thanks for checking. wahpiang $20 for a nfp card is too exp!

anyway, if we dont change a new card, the new rebate system will be effectively frm 17 apr right? or 1st may?
hogrider88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #23

thanks for checking. wahpiang $20 for a nfp card is too exp!

anyway, if we dont change a new card, the new rebate system will be effectively frm 17 apr right? or 1st may?
17th April onwards.
SCG8866T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

I called ler. Its $20. No need to waste money to change to the atu one. There are better rebates out there for ATU. Just use this for the 7.5% dinning rebate.
Are there cards that give more than 5.5% rebate for NETS FP ATU?

Currently, we cant use BOC credit card to sign up for NETS-FP ATU. But will it change on 17th APr?
naro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #25

Are there cards that give more than 5.5% rebate for NETS FP ATU?

Currently, we cant use BOC credit card to sign up for NETS-FP ATU. But will it change on 17th APr?
Usually the bank cc has pre-configured the ATU to itself, no action need to be done at our part (except maybe activation of the FP). If you are asking abt using other FP card to ATU from BOC cc, we will find out on 17 Apr..
ice_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

one qns, the $500 min amt can be chucked up with the main card + supp card right?
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #27

I called and asked if I apply now, can give me the card after 1 May so that the card comes with NFP? CSO said can, just put a note in the application form
more3cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #28
Supremacy Member

Usually the bank cc has pre-configured the ATU to itself, no action need to be done at our part (except maybe activation of the FP). If you are asking abt using other FP card to ATU from BOC cc, we will find out on 17 Apr..
Agree with u. Frank and UOB ONE NFP rebates are nerded.

I am trying to remove the ATU so I can try on BOC. Hope it is not for preconfigured cards only and we can register on our own.
swathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am surprised they improved the terms of this card but did not update the details on their website.

http://www.bankofchina.com/sg/bcserv...7_1914913.html

It doesn't show the new benefits as discussed above (eg rebates on dining, hospitals bills and ATU).
highsulphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #30

Now they only update on WeChat (Weixin) since long time ago already.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5...976f90b5bc4#rd

If you are using WeChat, you should search and subscribe the public account (公众号) "中国银行东南亚". All promotions and updates are there, but all in Chinese.

Last edited by zumaba; 17-03-2016 at 05:45 PM..
zumaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.