Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think BOC gave me something like 5-6k when most banks give 20+k credit limit.

I don't see the need to be insulted. You going to use so much meh

Ya loh. I went to reduce credit limit for my BOC, CIMB and Maybank credit cards. No need for so much unsecured credit and it'll lower credit score.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya loh. I went to reduce credit limit for my BOC, CIMB and Maybank credit cards. No need for so much unsecured credit and it'll lower credit score.
Dun think higher credit limit lowers credit score. In fact, should be the opposite ie lower credit score if account balance keep reaching credit limit.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun think higher credit limit lowers credit score. In fact, should be the opposite ie lower credit score if account balance keep reaching credit limit.

Ya according to my credit report my total credit limit across all cards is 200+k. My current usage is 2+k a month. My credit score is AA. I think the utilisation ratio matters, not credit limit

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BOC has been the lowest limit for me.

Like someone mentioned, it could be 5x lower than my highest one based on same documents (salary and noa) LOL.

But what to do, up to their discretion.

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
Got my card today from mailbox. Was very surprised that they offer me combined credit limit of $3000. My previous DBS card gave me 11k. Even Citibank gave me 8k. But this.... 3k. Utter disappointment probably pure insult to me... :(

If I remember correctly, you had the choice of desired credit limit in the application form. Did you write something there or just let the bank decide?

Maybe they wanted to give you 30k but accidentally left out one zero :s13:

lewissac

Reaction score
Want to check.

Since I receive my card yesterday, does it means my billing date would be 1 mth from now? So I got like 14-16 days to fulfill the $500 card spending interest rate for SmartSaver. But I have full 30 days to fulfill the rebates?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to check.

Since I receive my card yesterday, does it means my billing date would be 1 mth from now? So I got like 14-16 days to fulfill the $500 card spending interest rate for SmartSaver. But I have full 30 days to fulfill the rebates?

You may like to call in to ask when is the billing date. Less than 13 days left to fulfill the $500 spending for smartsaver bonus interest as only the transactions posted in this month counts. Can use other boc cards (eg debit mastercard) also to make up the spending.

amigoeva

Reaction score
Yup, not possible to get 9%. False marketing.

thanks for clarifying. i've been thinking about it for quite long. today i questioned the salesman for BOC CC at the TPY branch. he admitted it's false advertising

lydat we cannot complain meh?

Yachtmaster

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying. i've been thinking about it for quite long. today i questioned the salesman for BOC CC at the TPY branch. he admitted it's false advertising

lydat we cannot complain meh?

complain this can earn 50$ from lianhe wanbao? if yes can consider

amigoeva

Reaction score
i just managed to log into the internet banking after 1h of trying zzz

their system and 2FA seriously very sucky

complain this can earn 50$ from lianhe wanbao? if yes can consider

haha ok loh... what i meant is we cannot complain to MAS or some authorities?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check abt the minimum spend of $200 on supp card to get 2% for "others" spend:

Must this $200 be spent on "others", or can it be any spend?

E.g $100 on nets flashpay, $100 others, so rebate 2% on $100.

The min $200 must be on "others"

Reaction score
Just curious, any bros here has ever managed to get a wavier for their BOC card annual fees ah? I realised nobody here has talked about it haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.