LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #1

Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

BOC has just launched a new BOC Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card
BOC Family Rebate Card | Bank of China @ Singapore

Card Features:

1. 2 years annual fee waiver

2. Cash Rebates

Enjoy 5%* cash rebate on groceries at any supermarket and/or petrol spend in Singapore plus up to 1%* cash rebate on your everyday spend.

3. Discounts and Privileges

Providing you with a wide array of family-oriented merchants, from shopping to dining, recreation to enrichment, and even travel to hotel!

4.  Welcome Vouchers

Other than the fabulous discounts and privileges, we have also prepared plenty of Welcome Vouchers worth more than S$1,500 just for you! Discover privileges from the following merchants:

-    Precious Thots

-    Build-A-Bear Workshop Singapore

-    Singkids

-   Skate With Us

T&Cs:

2. Cardmembers will be awarded the following cash rebate for all their spend with BOC Family Rebate Card:
(a) 1% on the total spend with the BOC Family Rebate Card if the Cardmember charges more than S$1,000 on his/her BOC Family Rebate Card; or
(b) 0.5% on the total spend with the BOC Family Rebate Card if the Cardmember charges S$1,000 or less on his/her BOC Family Rebate Card

3. Cardmembers will be awarded additional 4% cash rebate on groceries at any supermarket and/or petrol spend in Singapore. To enjoy the additional 4% cash rebate on groceries at any supermarket and/or petrol spend in Singapore, Cardmember must charge a minimum of S$100 on groceries at any supermarket and/or petrol spend in Singapore to BOC Family Rebate Card in each billing cycle, capped at S$1,000 spend on groceries at any supermarket and/or petrol spend in Singapore.

4. Combined spend from the Main and Supplementary Cards is allowed.

5. Cash Rebate shall be calculated on the amount of each retail purchase transaction, rounded down to the nearest Dollar.

Last edited by hclee01; 08-08-2012 at 03:11 PM..
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #2

Limited Edition Dragon Trunki* (worth S$89.90) when those who apply for a BOC Family Rebate Card now (Limited to the first 1,000 customers only)!

hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #3

400+ views and no reply

I must admit the card has a very cheerful look, but with so many T&C to meet, the rebates don't seem interesting enough..
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Master Member

I guess this must be the reason why BOC's telemarketers spam called me 3x within a week.. I never let them tell me what they were promoting.

The Singpost CC still beats this card for supermarket spending + easier to understand the terms of the rebate
anfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #5

actually i find the 5% rebate quite attractive as compared to all other cards for supermarket. could say this is the ultimate supermarket card? & for those using shell, it has 5% rebate too... which is comparable to UOB cards.

its only $100 min spend per mth requirement and can be used for all supermarkets unlike the rest of the cards only can be used for certain supermarket and their min requirement spend is alot more.

but BOC... hmm... hope to see more comments on this bank...
Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #6

yah... the free gifts are indeed not attractive at all... hahahah
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #7

actually i find the 5% rebate quite attractive as compared to all other cards for supermarket. could say this is the ultimate supermarket card? & for those using shell, it has 5% rebate too... which is comparable to UOB cards.

its only $100 min spend per mth requirement and can be used for all supermarkets unlike the rest of the cards only can be used for certain supermarket and their min requirement spend is alot more.
I think that's 4.5% (basic 0.5% + additional 4%) on groceries for monthly spend below $1000. You still need to spend $1000 or more to get 5% (basic 1% + additional 4%).
sephira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #8

The Singpost CC still beats this card for supermarket spending + easier to understand the terms of the rebate
Agree
Fell@w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

I guess this must be the reason why BOC's telemarketers spam called me 3x within a week.. I never let them tell me what they were promoting.

But Singpost require at least $500 spending to get rebate. Can't meet this requirement.
dreamyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #10

But Singpost require at least $500 spending to get rebate. Can't meet this requirement.
A lot can contributes to this $500, yet normal one not attracting as only 0.25%. Good thing is not like UOB one, for consecutive 3 months, this one as long as any one month you have needs for >500 bucks will do.

Besides supermart, good to use rest for online trans to get 2%, will see the 1st CB for this card tml.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

I think that's 4.5% (basic 0.5% + additional 4%) on groceries for monthly spend below $1000. You still need to spend $1000 or more to get 5% (basic 1% + additional 4%).
and there is a rounding down to the nearest dollar spent per transaction. Not worth it for small purchases.

Thought finally found a card to replace SMRT citicard after they change the reward system.

Think will stick to Maybank family and friends, but cannot get more reward at shop n save.
dreamyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #12

yup like MayBank F&F no restiction no min amt and get CB every 2nd of next month.

Now a bit struggling whether to use Singpost or F&F

BTW, Citi also has extra 5% Paywave CB promotion now good if anyone shops in Sheng Siong or Coldstorage
Old 12-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #13

A lot can contributes to this $500, yet normal one not attracting as only 0.25%. Good thing is not like UOB one, for consecutive 3 months, this one as long as any one month you have needs for >500 bucks will do.

Besides supermart, good to use rest for online trans to get 2%, will see the 1st CB for this card tml.
did my calculation... find Singpost card not worth it for me.
I rather use uob one card for recurring bills.. at least i can get relevant rebates every 3 mths.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #14

yes... 4.5% for this card if under 1k vs maybank 5%...

but this card can use for all supermarkets. so each card got pros and cons.

yah this card not good for small purchases because of the rounding dollar

Last edited by tildveryn; 12-08-2012 at 02:56 PM..
tildveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #15

I just got my first statement for this credit card.

In the statement it said I earn XXXX points and another column it said XXXX points deducted but I can't find it anyway in my bill that the amount was deducted.

Called the hotline and I got cut off twice.

Finally a person answered and said that XXXX points = $ XX.XX

which is 1% of my total bill and it will be deducted from my next statement.

Then I enquired why only 1% cos I use this card only on groceries and by right I should get another 4% rebate.
Then he said the rebate will be credited in next month's bill.

Why so confusing?
Can't they just print in black and white the final amount in dollars and cents that will be off set from the next bill?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.