Best Credit Card for Tax/IRAS Payment

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
about 4-5 working days. The 4k is now sitting pretty in my iras account :p

When the person called and ask, I just told him ya i deposited 4000, and he ask why, I just said no particular reason, and asked if there are any issues since iras will refund. And he said no issues, just checking and ended the call haha

then i gues i will see it next week le since based on 4-5 working days.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6351**** de for me.

thought which customer called and i still called back -_-

i just said i did my transfer while having ICT and on phone.

Basically they wanted to confirm whether you know you paid, for which year you paid and to let you know that once assessment is out, excess will be refunded.

The officer also said, someone told her point blank that SCB got points/cashback thats why they are dumping money into IRAS :)

lol which dumbass.
nvm i whack liao =P hehe

dont think they will call me again since they have called me for 2012 lmao

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yur loh -_-

damn ah dui -_-

tactical abit mah -_-

anyway no more le :s13:

that why i whack everything in on fri/sat lol.
1st level points issued, but need wait for statment for the adjusted points. then faster redeem everything out to cash lol.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never call me leh?

But confirm the S$4k is already inside my IRAS account :s13:

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont pump in anymore folks - Manhattan stopped the rebate for IRAS on 18Mar2012.

Check with StanChart first I suggest.

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
IRAS will do a detail check and recalculate all your past tax and tax relief claim before refunding. it's not wise to transfer money to IRAS for the sake of getting cashback.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IRAS will do a detail check and recalculate all your past tax and tax relief claim before refunding. it's not wise to transfer money to IRAS for the sake of getting cashback.

nope. i paid last yr tax with excess too. nothing was ask, a call and refund was given.

unless u work in iras?

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope. i paid last yr tax with excess too. nothing was ask, a call and refund was given.

unless u work in iras?

What lufu said is true in a way.. Like govt know its hard to get money from you.. so before they refund, they confirm check all your tax assessment and past tax assessment thoroughly, if no "notice of additional assessment" needs to be issued, then they will refund...

so those in the past have some grey areas for deductible expenses may risk kanna additional assessment.

Unless your taxable income and deductible expenses very few and straightforward then no risk.

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what will happen for overpayment or excess is usually that they will check if you declared lesser and thus you might get back lesser.

for me it is a straightforward case xD

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok quick update here :D

Just received my Manhattan statement...

The $200 cashback is already reflected as earned this month (also accumulated cashback for this quarter) and will be posted in the May statement :s13:

Question - does it mean that if I spend another $4k between Apr-Jun, I can qualify for another $200 cashback? ;)

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh o_O

your Tax Assessment so fast out ?
No leh ..

I paid on 13Mar, they refund 16Mar
Probably system generated/manual - see if there is no outstanding tax yet, do refund

Tax assessment not out yet

I bet SC already in discussion with Iras hence come up with 18Mar2012 date as no tax assessment will be ready by then.

Only my guess ...

Not sure if SC will honor the cash rebate now.
By right, it should be because I made the payment before 18Mar2012 - let see.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.