Best Credit Card for Tax/IRAS Payment

gnooliew

Reaction score
Guys, just to clarify, pay by credit card via AXS or even cardup, although may have some cc benefits, u have to pay lump sum and forgo the monthly installment right?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, just to clarify, pay by credit card via AXS or even cardup, although may have some cc benefits, u have to pay lump sum and forgo the monthly installment right?

No. Can pay installment amount before 25th of the previous month of supposed GIRO deduction, installment still continue without the GIRO deduction

gnooliew

Reaction score
No. Can pay installment amount before 25th of the previous month of supposed GIRO deduction, installment still continue without the GIRO deduction

Ic.. So I can pay via cardup monthly installment amt and leave the giro arrangement there as backup in case the credit card payment did not go thru?

elnewbie

Reaction score
Yes, btw, which card u intend to use with CU ?
Not all cards give 10X

Ic.. So I can pay via cardup monthly installment amt and leave the giro arrangement there as backup in case the credit card payment did not go thru?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I just received my iras statement. My tax amount is 4.8k. I don't have any of the high networth guys cards like visa infinite etc. Just plain simple cards. I don't have HSBC. I have cimb, anz, citi and ocbc cards. Should I just sign up for giro?

If I do giro can still pay monthly using cimb mastercard instead of it going from my account?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB platinum MasterCard I am not sure if it gives points for M- axs payment, but it is very useful for fulfilling min spend of $500 and 8X$30 transactions. I am considering whether I could sign up for giro and then every month use the cimb platinum MasterCard for the minimum spend?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, no need to touch the existing GIRO. Should leave it there permanently. Without the GIRO, you won't have this 12 months installment plan.

voddie

Reaction score
Anyone know If pay income tax thru e-AXS with Mastercard using SCB Manhattan, does it still qualify for rebate? Thanka

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB platinum MasterCard I am not sure if it gives points for M- axs payment, but it is very useful for fulfilling min spend of $500 and 8X$30 transactions. I am considering whether I could sign up for giro and then every month use the cimb platinum MasterCard for the minimum spend?

Dun count to $500 or 8x $30

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun count to $500 or 8x $30
It does. I have personally paid sp services multiple times $30 using MasterCard m-AXS to fulfill the 8X$30 spend and I have received the 10% rebate.

Are you saying SP services can but IRAS cannot? I thought it should be transparent to CIMB as it just shows up as AXS pte ltd for them.

kitkat2

Reaction score
if i make tax payment now, is it still too late to stop the giro deduction on the 6th?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.