best funds transfer rate now?

dokapsm

Reaction score
OCBC EasiCredit 0% interest 1.5% fee 6mths (last approved 15/01/2013)
OCBC Credit Card 0% interest 2.5% fee 6mths (last approved 28/12/2012)

Citibank ReadyCredit & CC 2.88% 6mths (last approved 21/01/2013)

BOC sometimes send sms for MoneyPlus BT 1.688% 6mths (last received 19/06/2012 valid till 31/07/2012)

ANZ sometimes send sms for MoneyLine BT 0% interest 0% fee 3 months (last received 12/07/2012)

UOB Cashplus & Credit Card 2.76% 6mths (last approved 05/04/2013)

HSBC sometimes waive processing fee for their 1.88% 6mths but min interest is $10 so must take at least $6500 to really enjoy the 1.88%.

Maybank as advertised on website. Lowest i have seen is 2.68% for 6 months a year ago.

SCB SuperSalary 0% for first $3000 no expiry.

Feel free to PM me for OCBC, ** contacts.

Last edited:

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask, does taking up these 6-12mths loans affect my credit rating if I just repay the minimum every month?

itsme220

Reaction score
OCBC EasiCredit 0% interest 1.28% fee 6mths (last approved 27/06/2012)
OCBC Credit Card 2.88% 6mths (last approved 15/06/2012)

Citibank ReadyCredit & CC 3.99% (sometimes 2.99% for selected customer) 6mths (last approved 24/05/2012)

BOC sometimes send sms for MoneyPlus BT 1.688% 6mths (last received 19/06/2012 valid till 31/07/2012)

ANZ sometimes send sms for MoneyLine BT 0% interest 0% fee 3 months (last received 12/07/2012)

UOB sometimes send blank cheque for 2.76% 6mths any amount dun need $10,000 (last received 26/06/2012 valid till 31/07/2012)

HSBC sometimes waive processing fee for their 1.88% 6mths but min interest is $10 so must take at least $6500 to really enjoy the 1.88%.

OCBC, Citibank call in their balance transfer dept to apply

thanks for the detailed info

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
stand chart just called me saying its a promo.

1% initial charge. 0% interest for 1st 6 months.

eticfe

Reaction score
Hi All Experts,

Citi Bank call have this promo

6 months - 2.5%

12 months - 5.5%

Above is the upfront processing fee and there is no interest charges and early repayment charges.

Is it good?

SIC or good deals all!!!

Thank you all in advance!

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All Experts,

6 months - 2.5%

12 months - 5.5%

Above is the upfront processing fee and there is no interest charges and early repayment charges.

Is it good?

SIC or good deals all!!!

Huh ? Isn't this very expensive ?

goldrain

Reaction score
Hi All Experts,

6 months - 2.5%

12 months - 5.5%

Is it good?

SIC or good deals all!!!

I just got call from citi, 6 months interest rate 1.88% without processing fee.

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got call from citi, 6 months interest rate 1.88% without processing fee.

Citi's schemes are very sheety. They don't have online forms or pdf forms. Will only call you back when you leave your contacts.

Then they have so many different promotions that their own staff get confused (eg. they will ask you what is the rate that you saw on their website). KNN.

eticfe

Reaction score
Citi's schemes are very sheety. They don't have online forms or pdf forms. Will only call you back when you leave your contacts.

Then they have so many different promotions that their own staff get confused (eg. they will ask you what is the rate that you saw on their website). KNN.

Noted. Thank you!

DevilCurseYou

Reaction score
ANZ 0% balance transfer

I have contact for ANZ 0% balance transfer.
0% processing fee and 0% interest, but only for 3 months.
PM me for details.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just a heads up, balance transfer will have direct effect on your credit rating.

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, if you take balance transfer and never miss your payments, you are a bank's wet dream

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Credit rating will affect your success rate for other loan/credit card applications, will also affect the interest offered.

Even if you pay on time, it will be noted down as loans not paid in full.

dokapsm

Reaction score
just to share my personal experience for those with low cash, stable income, huge debt like myself...

i got 11 BTs from various banks (OCBC,**,UOB,HSBC,SCB,Maybank) & 4 term loan (ANZ,SCB,HSBC) before i took up reno loan from maybank and it got approved. i made minumum payment due for each statement and cleared everything before the BT expires by taking new BT again and again. i have been repeating this cycle for more than a year having took 30+ BT and counting, to save on the interest (3-4% reducing) compared to personal/term loans (6-15% fixed). despite that i dun face any difference/difficulties with how the banks treat me. i still receive calls from them to offer me new credit card and term loan. i think the agent will play a big part in pushing for the loan to be approved as did my agent for my reno loan. he tried to get a lower interest rate for us but could not as our loan amount is too little. he did give us $100 choice voucher though. i guess they need to earn their cut as well...

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
unwanted, can you substantiate your claim? or is it hearsay?
cos dokapsm's personal experience totally defeats your claim :look:
Cos the way you put it it's like DUN EVER TAKE A LOAN or something
I mean how different is a balance transfer vs a study loan or renovation loan when you pay on time for all of them wif a bit of interest? Aren't they all, er, LOANS?

That time UOB offered me FREE cash for 90 days. No interest no processing fee zero nothing no charge at all.

If bank wanna throw cash at you you dun want ah? :eek: Albeit for 90 days.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It's based wholly on personal experience, with reference to my credit rating report, with verification from qualified bankers.

I once applied for Balance transfer for fun.
Later on i went to apply for a CC which has very basic requirement, my income is at least 2 x of that.

Application failed. I appealed but was unsuccessful.
Take note i don't have any other loans of any form on hand.
No mortgage, no car loans, no whatever.
In fact i've a positive balance for most of my credit cards since i normally dump a sum of money in.

I went to consult two friends.
1) An experienced mortgage banker
2) A senior bank manager

I showed them my credit rating report from the bureau.

All A or Star except for the section on "amount not paid in full"
Those are the balance transfers and not that i only pay min sum, i pay 3 months of required payment in full in advance.
But all the history records show that it's not A nor Star, indicating i've holding debts.

So it's a plain fact that it's these loans that affect my rating and they are definitely in your records. Those who has balance transfer, you may want to retrieve your CR information.

Anyway i followed my friend's advice and paid off those balance transfer right away, prematurely.
I reapplied the same card 2/3 months later, application was easily approved.

Each individual with holding debts are assessed and categoried as different level of risks to the banks. Which will reduce your availability of loans with different terms/conditions. I think this part should be clear by most.
I mean come on, if a guy comes with a record of 100k debt, with a normal looking pay, nothing to mortgage. Will you still want to lent him more?

Another thing i learnt from my friend is, those credit rating only holds for 2/3 years and your new records overlaps and overwrites the old ones.

Of course every agent i met later, tells me that the loans are "safe" and won't reflect on your credit rating. Which i'm very sure, is plain BS or simply lies.

I also asked my mortgage banker will those balance transfer affect my mortgage loans. The answer is "certainly".

The best way to find out is to print your credit rating report.
But of course banks adjust their regulations now and then. Depending on the amount of idling money they have in their vault.

xxduckxx

Reaction score
anyone knows if there are banks now giving no processing fee bank transfer? m in need of some $$

sorry abit noob here but lets say i need to pay off a large credit card payment with AA bank can i get the funds from BB bank? or is it only AA bank that i need to get the balance transfer from?

also another question is.. is this method of taking a loan the lowest interest rates around for a 12mth period? and can pay using mthly? or must be one shot bullet at the end of the loan term?

many thanks for advice

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.