best funds transfer rate now?

Civician

Reaction score
finally managed to dig this post up

Anyway, i was offered 1.88% (6 months) fund transfer with no processing fee.

Say if i take up this offer and i requested to the amount of $3000. The total amount payable within 6 months is $3000+$112.8=$3112.80?

Monthly payment = $3112.80/6=$518.80?

This is what the CS told me on the phone, just want to confirm.

Thanks.

heng_alvin

Reaction score

Say if i take up this offer and i requested to the amount of $3000. The total amount payable within 6 months is $3000+$112.8=$3112.80?

Thanks.

yours is 1.88% pa but offer to you for 6months or 1.88% for 6 months? edit: juz calculated,so yours is 3.76% pa offer to you for 6months and have to pay in instalment way. Not a good deal.

Anyway i juz took up 5k citibank at 2.99% pa offer for 6 months with no processing fee. And they nv draft up instalment monthly repayment plan for me which means more flexibility for me.

All i need is to make sure i pay the min payment of 3% of my balance everytime the statement comes. And of course interests charged to me is on reducing basis.

According to the guy,max interests i would incur would be (2.99/100)*5000=149.5 then 149.5/2=74.75 for six months. $74.75 is the max interests that i could incur but of course could be lesser if i choose to pay up full earlier.

Last edited:

heng_alvin

Reaction score
Called to test water and was offered 1% admin charge for 6 mths transfer with SCB.

0% interest? juz 1% admin fee? Think best rate is Thanato's 0.99pa for 6months. Damn,should have see this thread earlier.

Last edited:

Civician

Reaction score
yours is 1.88% pa but offer to you for 6months or 1.88% for 6 months? edit: juz calculated,so yours is 3.76% pa offer to you for 6months and have to pay in instalment way. Not a good deal.

Anyway i juz took up 5k citibank at 2.99% pa offer for 6 months with no processing fee. And they nv draft up instalment monthly repayment plan for me which means more flexibility for me.

All i need is to make sure i pay the min payment of 3% of my balance everytime the statement comes. And of course interests charged to me is on reducing basis.

According to the guy,max interests i would incur would be (2.99/100)*5000=149.5 then 149.5/2=74.75 for six months. $74.75 is the max interests that i could incur but of course could be lesser if i choose to pay up full earlier.

oops ps, 1.88% PA for 6 months

heng_alvin

Reaction score

Thanks.

If it's 1.88% pa for 6months, your interests payable is $112.8? According to my calculation,that's not right.

I don't know,me new in this as well. Hope some old birds can shed some light on this.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the best transfer rate right now (Xmas season) is from SCB.

0%p.a for 6mths with ONLY 1% processing fee.
Example: Fund transfer $5,000, processing fee $50.

I don't think there's any other bank that can offer anything better than this, at least for this xmas.

I took up the offer, so I can vouch on the above rates. No other fees involved.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
If it's 1.88% pa for 6months, your interests payable is $112.8? According to my calculation,that's not right.

I don't know,me new in this as well. Hope some old birds can shed some light on this.
Interest is 3000x1.88%x.0.5= around 30 only. Provided you repay the minimum sum monthly. If you can pay back 1000 the interest will be much lesser.

Last edited:

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score

I don't think there's any other bank that can offer anything better than this, at least for this xmas.

Those 1.88% p.a. funds transfers are better.

1% processing fee for 6 mths is >2%p.a. interest charged upfront (i.e. not worth your while in case you want to repay early)

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those 1.88% p.a. funds transfers are better.

1% processing fee for 6 mths is >2%p.a. interest charged upfront (i.e. not worth your while in case you want to repay early)

got 1.88% effective interest transfer for 12mths one meh?

NY__chickenpie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually this is worst than 1.88%pa for 6 months, do the maths.
1% pf will be 2%p.a in interest, higher than 1.88%p.a

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yeah, I didn't know that there were EIR 1.88% p.a. deals. And I'm not too interested in HSBC :p

Their call centre like overseas? Tried talking to them before. Always got "lag time" one. Damn irritating.

SoulEraser

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah, I didn't know that there were EIR 1.88% p.a. deals. And I'm not too interested in HSBC :p

Their call centre like overseas? Tried talking to them before. Always got "lag time" one. Damn irritating.

That's right. HSBC is offering such rates right now, 1.88% EIR.

For the lag time, it's due to the warm transferring of calls. Easily solved by requesting a fresh call to you guys.

2 wrong pieces of information. One, HSBC/UOB are/have always been offering the best funds transfer balance rates, unless you are talking about SCB's first $3k w/o any fees or the previous ANZ's offer. Second, Citibank/HSBC/UOB/DBS' call centres for FT at least, are based locally.

SoulEraser

Master Member
Reaction score

as a matter of fact, it's higher than 2%pa. EIR is good that it's based on a reducing balance. if in doubt, always request for the EIR from the agent and make a comparison amongst

Civician

Reaction score
Ok, can i assume that the HSBC 1.88% fund transfer is based on reducing balance?
As i need a liquidlity of $2K for only 2 months. Say for the first month i pay the minimum sum and clear everything by the 2nd month, the interest will be even lower?

citaro

Reaction score
Ok, can i assume that the HSBC 1.88% fund transfer is based on reducing balance?
As i need a liquidlity of $2K for only 2 months. Say for the first month i pay the minimum sum and clear everything by the 2nd month, the interest will be even lower?

correct.... u pay 2 month interest....

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's right. HSBC is offering such rates right now, 1.88% EIR.

For the lag time, it's due to the warm transferring of calls. Easily solved by requesting a fresh call to you guys.

2 wrong pieces of information. One, HSBC/UOB are/have always been offering the best funds transfer balance rates, unless you are talking about SCB's first $3k w/o any fees or the previous ANZ's offer. Second, Citibank/HSBC/UOB/DBS' call centres for FT at least, are based locally.

What is UOB's rate right now?

From website it is like quite high.

BTW Citibank - depending on what services you call their call centre for, some is based in SG and some is based in MY :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.