HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

best funds transfer rate now?

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #1321

1. in essence both are the same but CC normal interest rates are higher than personal loan facility like cashplus, IIRC.
2. not sure but should have charges
Thanks! I think rightfully will have charges, but unsure if it reverts to CC charges or even higher as "punishment"?
littleredboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #1322
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks! I think rightfully will have charges, but unsure if it reverts to CC charges or even higher as "punishment"?
CC rates about 24 to 25% pa. Line of credit facility slightly lower, around 19% to 20% pa.

NB: Prime lending corporate rates are 5 to 7% pa, maybe 4.5% if you can find it. My opinion, if you have to pay more than that, you're being fleeced That's why CC FT/BT "offers" are so popular

Last edited by Asphodeli; 09-12-2017 at 11:58 AM..
Asphodeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #1323
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm intending to take up UOB fund transfer.
1. But I don't get what's the difference between credit card funds transfer and cashplus funds transfer.
2. What happens if I still some some balance after the 0% interest date cut off? Charged the same interest of balance as credit card?
fund transfer reverts to credit card/cashplus interest rate after the 0% interest cutoff date. Interest of credit card is higher. strive to make full payment of the fund transfer before it reverts to the crefit card/cashplus interest. If not enough cash on hand, can take another low fees/interest funds transfer from another bank to make the full payment. This effectively keep the fees/interest low.
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #1324

fund transfer reverts to credit card/cashplus interest rate after the 0% interest cutoff date. Interest of credit card is higher. strive to make full payment of the fund transfer before it reverts to the crefit card/cashplus interest. If not enough cash on hand, can take another low fees/interest funds transfer from another bank to make the full payment. This effectively keep the fees/interest low.
So assuming there's good promo again after repayment period is over, can take up another bank's funds transfer to service the loan at 0%? , with processing fees of course.
littleredboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #1325
Arch-Supremacy Member

So assuming there's good promo again after repayment period is over, can take up another bank's funds transfer to service the loan at 0%? , with processing fees of course.
yes, can get cash from another bank's fund transfer to pay off the current fund transfer before its 0% interest cutoff date
Old 09-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #1326

Hi guys, anyone got an offer from Hsbc or BOC recently? Can you guys share the offers?
Lucky_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 AM   #1327

BOC Credit Card Fund Transfer - Letter dated 1 Dec 2017 by post

12mths @ 0% interest
2.5% process fee (EIR 2.87%p.a)
Free $50 taka vouchers if apply for more than $10k.

Valid till 22 Dec.
dexboi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:21 AM   #1328

Anyone know changes in BT terms now? Only offered to citizens and PR? Not to foreigners. Encountered on DBS and UOB
cracktojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #1329

Can confirm about DBS

Anyone know changes in BT terms now? Only offered to citizens and PR? Not to foreigners. Encountered on DBS and UOB
DBS only offering promotional balance transfer rates for Singaporeans and PRs. Foreigners enjoy higher interest rates and ATM transaction charges when you exceed 4 a month.
wwwhtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #1330

FYI, I was offered 0.8% per annum for six months (so around 0.4% for six months) - no admin fee. HSBC CSO explained that this is only applicable to new cardholders who have had the cc for less than 5 months.
sebastgt likes this.
Lucky_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #1331

BOC BT Rates (called their hotline)

0%@6mths - 1% P.F.
0%@12mths - 2% P.F.
wwwhtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #1332
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today Citibank CSO told me this

If I get a balance transfer from them for the credit card then all purchases on the credit fed immediately attracted the interest rate of 24%. Immediately when you charge.

I did not know that.
civicguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 03:46 PM   #1333
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today Citibank CSO told me this

If I get a balance transfer from them for the credit card then all purchases on the credit fed immediately attracted the interest rate of 24%. Immediately when you charge.

I did not know that.
yes. Should not spend on citibank card that has balance transfer under it.
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #1334
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes. Should not spend on citibank card that has balance transfer under it.
Hi, i am planning to get a BT from Citibank @ 1.5% processing fee, 6 mths

1) Is 1.5% a good rate?

2) How do i use the BT to pay my CC bills? I want to settle a recurring bill in UOB, for example. So how to I make the payment? Via a cheque from Citi or bank transfer?

3) If I apply the Citi BT (but not to the full credit limit amount) and use the card for some retail spending, will I still be charged the 24% interest for these spending?

4) If yes for qn 3, can I apply BT on one Citi card and use another Citi card for retail spending, and not get the 24% interest charge? Possible?

Sorry for the qns. New in BT

TIA
gooifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.