HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bonus$aver the only account that gives you the highest interest rate in town from SCB

Like Tree18Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #166

I went down to the branch and say I want to apply for BonusSaver account. The account was opened, but like that does it mean they will give you both a debit card and credit card? Or need to explictly asked for them?
spearhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #167

I went down to the branch and say I want to apply for BonusSaver account. The account was opened, but like that does it mean they will give you both a debit card and credit card? Or need to explictly asked for them?
If u fill up all the sections in the form, u will get both. However if u left out section 3, u will only get the credit card after u passed them ur latest payslip or past 6 mths cpf contribution statement
haydentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #168
Supremacy Member

If u fill up all the sections in the form, u will get both. However if u left out section 3, u will only get the credit card after u passed them ur latest payslip or past 6 mths cpf contribution statement
I applied on the spot... They took my income tax assessment
socketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #169

Any idea what is section 3 about? I can't remember what I filled haha.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #170

I applied on the spot... They took my income tax assessment
Same, I just applied and gave them the income tax assessment. So not sure what this "applied" means......
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #171

what if your spending does not meet the $500 amount each month, what will be the interest rate?
aklryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #172

Any idea what is section 3 about? I can't remember what I filled haha.
It is about ur source of the fund.
haydentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #173

i was given only credit card(lousy staff didnt tell us we cannot use credit card to withdraw cash from bonus$aver), and my wife they didnt issue any debit card. so we had visited the bank one more time to request for debit card. better you ask for both and save one more visit to bank.
digitalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #174

This is mine. I do not have $25000 to earn the 1.88% interest.
I think you have understood wrongly.. You don't need to have 25K to earn 1.88%, but spend $500 retail transactions on the mastercard, and whatever amount in savings account will earn 1.88% (up to 25K)..
Vincent_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #175

I understand from their staff, it must be a master card transaction, which means that it must be swiped at retail or use CVV when you do online transaction. I might be wrong.. To be sure, please check yourself..
gosh, this is so confusing. I called up & different cso gave different answers .
cbyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #176

gosh, this is so confusing. I called up & different cso gave different answers .
What answers did they give?? Even if you only have 1K in your savings account and spend $500 correctly, you will still earn 1.88% on your 1K savings account.. as simple as that..
Vincent_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #177

What answers did they give?? Even if you only have 1K in your savings account and spend $500 correctly, you will still earn 1.88% on your 1K savings account.. as simple as that..
my concern is how to spend the $500 "correctly"? I called up 3 times.. First CSO told me all purchases (except bill payments done thru ibanking) will be OK. Second time I call up, the CSO told me only transactions done at the retail shop can be considered as part of the $500. This morning I called up again.. the guy CSO told me paying online at various merchant website is OK.

I have no problem to hit $500 per month but 95% of my transactions are online based, eg purchase SQ air-tickets, Agoda hotel booking, or various bill payment like starhub/singtel thru their own website or Vpost. I seldom swipe my card at retail shops.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #178
Arch-Supremacy Member

my concern is how to spend the $500 "correctly"? I called up 3 times.. First CSO told me all purchases (except bill payments done thru ibanking) will be OK. Second time I call up, the CSO told me only transactions done at the retail shop can be considered as part of the $500. This morning I called up again.. the guy CSO told me paying online at various merchant website is OK.

I have no problem to hit $500 per month but 95% of my transactions are online based, eg purchase SQ air-tickets, Agoda hotel booking, or various bill payment like starhub/singtel thru their own website or Vpost. I seldom swipe my card at retail shops.
suggest u to prompt ur example in through the ibank mailbox? and get them to check for u.
at least u got prove, if not eligible can seek compensation.

but base on ur example, all are online basis.

or even speak to hotline manager, get them to mail u a letter base on ur query and result. see which route u wan seek.
naruto13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #179

suggest u to prompt ur example in through the ibank mailbox? and get them to check for u.
at least u got prove, if not eligible can seek compensation.

but base on ur example, all are online basis.

or even speak to hotline manager, get them to mail u a letter base on ur query and result. see which route u wan seek.
OK, I will wrote in thru ibank mailbox and see their reply, thanks!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #180

So application before 1st april no need min deposit? Application now need 10k deposit?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.