Bonus$aver - the only account that gives you the highest interest rate in town from SCB

temptemp

Reaction score
Why no income cannot have debit card? Debit are for those that cannot meet the min income or no income mah....

hmmm, I am not sure about that.. i asked the CSO on phone and gave him my dad's info & he concluded my dad don't qualify for the DC. Maybe call again in the afternoon to confirm :)..

Nowadays FD interest is so miserably low.. highest i can source for him is OCBC 0.9%pa. lets say 25K x 0.9% = $225 pa. If I can get him this account & can get cashback will be 200 (initial dep of $50K) + (1.88% x 25k) = $670 for 1st year.. of cos need to use his DC for min $500 transaction per mth.

frustrateddude

Reaction score
hmmm, I am not sure about that.. i asked the CSO on phone and gave him my dad's info & he concluded my dad don't qualify for the DC. Maybe call again in the afternoon to confirm :)..

Nowadays FD interest is so miserably low.. highest i can source for him is OCBC 0.9%pa. lets say 25K x 0.9% = $225 pa. If I can get him this account & can get cashback will be 200 (initial dep of $50K) + (1.88% x 25k) = $670 for 1st year.. of cos need to use his DC for min $500 transaction per mth.

The cashback will be credited only for approved credit card (Debit card application will not get the rebate (no point to push an answer on why not qualify).
If looking for a better return, advise you to open an esaver - now promotion 1.1% to 1.25% for 3 months (Nov, Dec n Jan). (of course, you need to look for better return after Jan 2013)
Better still apply for xtrasaver. Get $15 cash rebate per month(read threads in this forum on how to claim "free" $15) and that is 3% for 6k "fixed" deposit.

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like to open this bonus account. So I just want to confirm the following:
1) Can I open to joint accounts with wife and qualify for $200x2 rebate? Assuming that I applied for the CC for the 1st account and my wife apply for the CC in the second account.

2) After one month, is it confirmed that we can withdraw $47000 and leave $3000 (min sum to avoid charges)?

Looks like a steal to me if it is true. Just need to spend time going down to open the account. :)

cbyen

Reaction score
I would like to open this bonus account. So I just want to confirm the following:
1) Can I open to joint accounts with wife and qualify for $200x2 rebate? Assuming that I applied for the CC for the 1st account and my wife apply for the CC in the second account.

2) After one month, is it confirmed that we can withdraw $47000 and leave $3000 (min sum to avoid charges)?

Looks like a steal to me if it is true. Just need to spend time going down to open the account. :)

Then why don't two of you just open up 2 individual accounts instead of joint accounts?

I did asked before & was told 'no lock-in' period. You can confirm with the one servicing you before signing on the dotted line :)

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
Then why don't two of you just open up 2 individual accounts instead of joint accounts?

I did asked before & was told 'no lock-in' period. You can confirm with the one servicing you before signing on the dotted line :)

Yes going to open tomorrow. We prefer joint accounts in case something happen to one party the other person still can have access to the account. Must plan for such emergency ma. :)

tildveryn

Reaction score
The cashback will be credited only for approved credit card (Debit card application will not get the rebate (no point to push an answer on why not qualify).
If looking for a better return, advise you to open an esaver - now promotion 1.1% to 1.25% for 3 months (Nov, Dec n Jan). (of course, you need to look for better return after Jan 2013)
Better still apply for xtrasaver. Get $15 cash rebate per month(read threads in this forum on how to claim "free" $15) and that is 3% for 6k "fixed" deposit.

free $15?

got free meh?

frustrateddude

Reaction score
free $15?

got free meh?

1. Pay $3000 via AXS/SAM using xtrasavers nets to a credit card
2. Transfer $3000 from that credit card to a brokerage
3. Withdraw money back to xtrasavers
4. Repeat #1-#3 every month.

It's only for $15 cashback only though

(quoted in another thread):s13:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cool.........................

leoch037

Reaction score

#2: Works for every brokerage? How to transfer? Use internet banking?

frustrateddude

Reaction score
#2: Works for every brokerage? How to transfer? Use internet banking?

This is a complicated method as it needs a credit card, a cash account w brokerage and a saving acct (may/may not be from the same bank that issues the cc). Not all brokerages allow $$$ transfer easily.

"Cannot tell you the trick, last time $30 a month become $15 already. If everybody know then become $5 a month."
Deja vu? (read your pm)

Last edited:

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my mom went SCB, the SCB staff told her can deposit any amount to get the $200 cash back, no need $50,000.

maybe you can try to request for this waiver too :)

frustrateddude

Reaction score
I am sure that particular SCB staff will be gone by this week, lolz
No lah! most likely will tell u "communication breakdown" and give $100 instead!:s13:
Should note down name of the staff who made such promise in case dispute happen later and u will be in the losing end if u say dunno!:s22:
Whatever happens to the staff is "behind closed door"(like Alvin Tan loh!)

my mom went SCB, the SCB staff told her can deposit any amount to get the $200 cash back, no need $50,000.

maybe you can try to request for this waiver too :)
Do update if this $200 really given as "promised"!:s12:

Last edited:

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
Just signed up for the bonus saver account last week. According to the bank officer, the $200 will be credited to the credit card once I activate the cc. Also the $50000 can be used. There is no need to keep it in the account since its supposed to be a current account, not a fixed deposit. Do note that the min sum charge of $3000 will only be implemented wef Jan 2013.

AH CHIA

Reaction score
Just signed up for the bonus saver account last week. According to the bank officer, the $200 will be credited to the credit card once I activate the cc. Also the $50000 can be used. There is no need to keep it in the account since its supposed to be a current account, not a fixed deposit. Do note that the min sum charge of $3000 will only be implemented wef Jan 2013.

Bigfoot,

did you receive the ATM card or the mastercard on the spot? Or will they mail both cards to you? Some of my frens surprisingly managed to get the card on the spot

Foir my case, CSO say mail, still not received after 4 days.

And yes, my bank officer told me that the 50K can be withdrawn once I see the $200 credit is in.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
Bigfoot,

did you receive the ATM card or the mastercard on the spot? Or will they mail both cards to you? Some of my frens surprisingly managed to get the card on the spot

Foir my case, CSO say mail, still not received after 4 days.

And yes, my bank officer told me that the 50K can be withdrawn once I see the $200 credit is in.

I didn't get the card on the spot. But since I'm an exciting cc holder, it doesn't need any approval. It's instant approval. I'll receive the cards in the mail.

AH CHIA

Reaction score
I only got $100...

if got $200.. then would be unfair right?

How much u put in bro, stated clearly: >/= 50K, $200, anything less $100.

This rebate are all computerized, program will auto credit the amount based on deposit value, definately not human managed

If human managed, you think we still can get the $80 crdit for all credit cards? Thus the CSO statement will mean nothing in the end, unless you got record down, then complain to SCB

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.