CIMB Visa Signature

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Is this 2% fee for foreign currency unique to this card or all credit cards also has the fee?

All cards have foreign currency transaction fees, maybe except a few. But it seems that all bank cards will impose this fee soon.

Beside this fee, there is another 1% imposed by Visa/Mastercard.

For example, total fee for Standard Chartered Bank is 3.5%

Some banks are hiking the fee.

Last edited:

andynjk

Reaction score
Do you all think topping up nets flashpay card via the NFP app using the cc will count as "online"? The tnc doesn't seem to exclude it...

If it works, then 50cents convenience fee of max $50 top up would be a worthy investment. Any views on this ?

Edit: ownself reply ownself =) the above is probably quasi-cash transaction and therefore not considered online. Haha,was thinking to top up the flashpay for hawker food spending. But well, still can use it to count towards 600 min transac

Last edited:

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think there is a clause saying prepaid cards like fevo, ezlink..singtel dash etc excluded.

hygge island

Reaction score
Noted, but how is 2% compared to the other bank credit cards?
I am asking this because i have been using the card for more than a year and realise that I generally need to pay more in sgd compared to other cards whenever I use CIMB overseas. I continue to live with that because I get admin fee rebates, which I suppose is for the fee or the exchange rate being higher than other banks. Now if the 2% waiver gone, I need to reconsider.

All cards have foreign currency transaction fees, maybe except a few. But it seems that all bank cards will impose this fee soon.

Beside this fee, there is another 1% imposed by Visa/Mastercard.

For example, total fee for Standard Chartered Bank is 3.5%

Some banks are hiking the fee.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
simple way is to charge foreign txn to cimb where you are eligible for 10%. I like to visit supermarkets overseas and charge to cimb due to refund on forex admin fees, but now with 10% i still nett 7%, better aint it?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Noted, but how is 2% compared to the other bank credit cards?
I am asking this because i have been using the card for more than a year and realise that I generally need to pay more in sgd compared to other cards whenever I use CIMB overseas. I continue to live with that because I get admin fee rebates, which I suppose is for the fee or the exchange rate being higher than other banks. Now if the 2% waiver gone, I need to reconsider.

The exchange rate is not determined by CIMB. Determined by MasterCard or Visa. The reason you see a difference is due to the percentage of admin fees being charged. Usually it is anywhere between 2.5-3.5% with 1% of it going to Visa or MasterCard.

CIMB charged a total of 3% and refunded you 2% as admin fee waiver vs another card charge 2.5%. line by line you will see that CIMB exchange rates appear to be higher.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so its W.E.F 23Nov, however i read TNC that if your bill cycle lets say is 12nov-11Dec. they will still give you existing + NEW rebate.
is it meaning anything after 23Nov will entitle liao? no need wait till new statement month right

salmonella

Reaction score
Looks interesting enough to sign up.

Application form says something about promo code. Anybody has one? (been contacted)

Last edited:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read the tnc, it exclude govt institute and utilities, so hdb season prking excluded? Hp bills leh ?

ecoolcat

Reaction score
Received two SMS from CIMB Bank just now .

They are trying to separate the categories of Mastercard and Visa.
Each of them has very distinctive 3 categories for cashback.

CIMB Platinum Mastercard: W.e.f. 23 Nov 2018, you will be eligible to receive 10% cashback (capped at S$100) on the following 3 categories: (1) Transport and Petrol (2) Travel (3) Health, Beauty and Wellness. Min. spend of S$600 is required. T&Cs apply. For full details, visit cimbbank.sg/2R3WVxZ.

CIMB Visa Signature: W.e.f. 23 Nov 2018, you will be eligible to receive 10% cashback (capped at S$100) on the following 3 categories: (1) Grocery (2) Wine and Dine (3) All Online transactions. Min. spend of S$600 is required. T&Cs apply. For full details, visit cimbbank.sg/2R3WVxZ.

Cashback is capped at S$100 per statement month per Principal Cardmember and up to S$50 per category

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Has this been answered - do the rebate-excluded transactions count towards min spend of $600?

Quentine

Reaction score
GIRO

Anyone knows if there is any easy way to set up GIRO payments online, like DBS OCBC can set up by ibanking? Very lazy go print out the giro form, write then send in lehh..

ThreeSteps

Reaction score
My bill's statement date is 11th. Means my cycle is 12 to 11?
Yes. And your transactions posted in period (12 Nov - 11 Dec) is indicated to be subject to the new calculation.

Refer to the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS on their website:
*We will assess the amount of cashback that you have earned based on both the existing and new programme respectively. You will be accorded the higher cashback amount from the assessment.

Give them a call to re-confirm if you intend to charge large amounts before 23 Nov.

ThreeSteps

Reaction score
Has this been answered - do the rebate-excluded transactions count towards min spend of $600?
Refer to the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS on their website.
*The minimum spend can consist of all spending, however, the cashback will only be awarded on spend falling within the designated spend categories.

*Exception:
CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan monthly instalment payments will not count towards fulfilling the minimum spend of S$600

If you are concerned about some spents not having cashbacks, list them, maybe there are other ideas/workarounds to get some cashbacks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.