Citibank CC Annual Fee ( Cant be waived?)

musiKchYld

Reaction score
Just received annual fee charges for my Citibank credit card. Anyone managed to waive the charges successfully? Did you receive a SMS from them informing that the charges have been waived successfully?

For some reason I don't trust Citibank. Thinking of going down to their outlet to waive it personally, or cancel on the spot.

Reaction score
Just received annual fee charges for my Citibank credit card. Anyone managed to waive the charges successfully? Did you receive a SMS from them informing that the charges have been waived successfully?

For some reason I don't trust Citibank. Thinking of going down to their outlet to waive it personally, or cancel on the spot.

just call them,I've always been able to get it waived,all the cards. I like to call them monthly to keep in touch. When I have nothing better to say I just ask for a promotional FT rate.

mrohaha

Reaction score
just call them,I've always been able to get it waived,all the cards. I like to call them monthly to keep in touch. When I have nothing better to say I just ask for a promotional FT rate.

so now we know who has been hogging the lines of the banks!

ses009

Reaction score
I never call them. I always email them via my IB for waiver and always had it waived despite $0 spending.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just emailed stanchart & UOB. All 3 cards waived. If got problem just cancel lor. I doubt there is any card so super that its worth paying a fee for.

phenol

Reaction score
Hi guys, Annual fee appeared in this month statement and waiver is approved but only credited next statement. Anyone can advise? Do I still need to pay? If I don't pay the annual fee for this statement they will charge me finance charges right? Or can I wait for next month statement? Will it affect my credit rating too?

I am going to call them to ask them to immediately waiver soon. But don't have time to call yet.

ilovecheese

Reaction score
pay first, if they send u the waiver confirmation sms, keep it, ask for waiver back

destrier

Reaction score
Check Internet Banking a few days later to see if they've waived it. Just pay the outstanding balance minus the annual fee. You don't want your money stuck on the card, especially for one that you don't use much.

phenol

Reaction score
ok la, checked my ibanking. they credited the waiver already in this month's statement.

saver$

Reaction score
pay first, if they send u the waiver confirmation sms, keep it, ask for waiver back

Yes. Got the SMS

Please be advised that your Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Annual Fee has been waived. Please visit www.citibank.com.sg/AFW for important information.

KC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually no problem getting waiver for annual fee for Citi credit card except for Citi Tangs Visa which they refused to waive. As for payment, I don't pay and just let the refund offset the fees in the next statement.

Dividends Moderator

Reaction score
Yes, a cc waiver is possible under some of the key factors;
- pay bills on time
- without outstanding debts
- clear credit record (check against credit burea)
- not declared bankrupt previously
- loyal holder (newcomer usually waive)

Many more ...

:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.